Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Please not another rain out on Sac Test N Tune! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please not another rain out on Sac Test N Tune!
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car has been sitting and waiting for 3 weeks. Ugh!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey bro, there is no TNT this Saturday. Its the CMI Import Drags this weekend. But you can still take your car out there and race if you want, I think SmokinLX is going out there. Its $60 to race which is pretty high.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it absolutely going to be packed?

what are the details of this import race?

--------------------
Stangless

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Details are on www.sacramentoraceway.com I would guess it will be swarming with bumble bee exhaust systems. You could go like stated above, but it would be the equivalent of a solo Harley owner showing up to a sport bike convention. It's supposed to rain in the morning anyway so who knows...

[ March 31, 2006, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: DennisG ]

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

sweet, just got off the phone with them. They said a rwd domestic is fine...

they said expect 300+ cars, $60 admission, and to get 4-6 passes. I am planning on going. Tinner? smokinlx? Will I see you guys there?

accuweather.com shows we are good to go!
Luke

--------------------
Stangless

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you end up going? How did it go?

--------------------

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No I in the middle of a shifter and tire change. I will be in redding next weekend hopefully W/ a 12 sec pass.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
Did you end up going? How did it go?

Best was 13.115 @ 99.88 w/ 1.709 60ft

Only vid I got:
http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/images/vids/sacraceway4-1-06.wmv

The mph clocks were not functioning right (which was announced) but the ET clocks were fine.

[ April 02, 2006, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OMG! EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU TURN DOWN YOUR SOUND BEFORE WATCHING THAT VID!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

[Wink]

[ April 02, 2006, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

lol, ya those bastards didn't help!

It was an import event unfortunately.

--------------------
Stangless

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
lol, ya those bastards didn't help!

It was an import event unfortunately.

Your car/driving looks good. Nice short times for your combo [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

The mph clocks were 6 mph fast? Either way nice 60' time. [burnout]

--------------------

StockMotorHero
¯
Member # 6171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StockMotorHero  Ford pictures for StockMotorHero    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Luke, congrats on your improvements! I enjoyed driving around the slums of Richmond with you getting loose and showing off for bums standing outside the corner store.

Oh, and those videos are the finest known to man. Who shot them?

[ April 02, 2006, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: StockMotorHero ]

--------------------
86LX Coupe - stock 93 motor throttle body to oil pan, T5, bolt-ons, slicks

12.96 @ 100.69, 1.75 60ft SAC
best 60: 1.67
best mph: 102.77

Posts: 21 | From: orange county, ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was someone blowing leaves out of the staging area on that video??? That sounded like a Toro 3/4horse blower.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
The mph clocks were 6 mph fast? Either way nice 60' time. [burnout]

No, the left lane was showing mph numbers that were about 3mph slow. Hard to say how far off the right lane was, if at all. I expect that the car was really running 102-103 on Saturday night. I did not pay attention to the mph clocks since the track officials said they were malfunctioning and there was no use trying to analyze them. I just tried to pay attention to ET and 60ft.

My 8 passes were all within 0.158 seconds and mph ranged from 98.x-105.x mph. Obviously that window is just too large for the consistency that I displayed.

quote:
Originally posted by StockMotorHero:
Luke, congrats on your improvements! I enjoyed driving around the slums of Richmond with you getting loose and showing off for bums standing outside the corner store.

Oh, and those videos are the finest known to man. Who shot them?

lol, thanks for shooting the vids Chris.
Ya, getting loose deep in the slums of Richmond on Sunday was a blast as well! Nothing better on a Sunday afternoon than burning them off on Richmond Parkway [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Was someone blowing leaves out of the staging area on that video??? That sounded like a Toro 3/4horse blower.

Yes there was a gardening tool exhibition going on it the pits [Razz]

--------------------
Stangless

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times Luke , much better vid this week accept that god awful noise in the other lane.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Anyone going to Sac tomorrow? It is supposed to be clear in the morning time not sure if they will be open? Damn rain! [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might go in My white 92 notch. What will You be in.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Actually wanted to run my SRT8, but I am going to wait until I get more miles on it (only 400mi so far). I was going to go to the track and spectate take some video but now the weather is not looking to good.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

accuweather shows you guys are good to go!

Thats what the people in the tower told me that they follows

--------------------
Stangless

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going tomorrow for sure if it's open...yeah

--------------------

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Such a nice day and they are closed... maybe next week. [Mad]

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I know...I thought they'd be open for sure.

I cleaned the car, filled the nitrous, hooked up the trailer and then called them just before loading the car up...SUCKS!!!!

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:

I cleaned the car, filled the nitrous, hooked up the trailer and then called them just before loading the car up...SUCKS!!!!

That hurts, been there, done that.

--------------------
Stangless

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Damn it looked like a great day for the strip. [Confused]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com