Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » WTF CMT sport compact drag's Sat&Sun (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: WTF CMT sport compact drag's Sat&Sun
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn look's like there is some event scheduled for this weekend at sacrmento raceway. Saturday is finally suppost to be dry and We might get screwed! Look's like a rice fest. [Mad] Are domestic's welcome? Anyone else going?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like rice fest only for both days. That's a lot of coffee can's and fart pipes!

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell yeah I can't wait!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
DiamondWHT5OH
¯
Member # 2898

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondWHT5OH  Ford pictures for DiamondWHT5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
awwww rice fest good stay out its our week...
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At the CMI events there is a RWD class that real cars, (domestics), are allowed to race in. So if you can stand all the fart can mufflers and neon lights you can still go and race [Smile]

[ March 30, 2006, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember last year we went not knowing it was CMI Import day and they still let us run anyways. It was one of the funniest days i've went to the track because there was like 8-10 imports that blew there Tranny/Axles at the starting line, it got to the point where it was ridiculous.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
I remember last year we went not knowing it was CMI Import day and they still let us run anyways. It was one of the funniest days i've went to the track because there was like 8-10 imports that blew there Tranny/Axles at the starting line, it got to the point where it was ridiculous.

Damn it has been about 2 months since I have made it to the track so I am desperate enough to endure the rice. You planning on going Matt?

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure yet Mark. I'm thinking of holding out for the first grudge night on the 15th. When we went last year to the CMI Import Races we felt like outsiders. LOL

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Not sure yet Mark. I'm thinking of holding out for the first grudge night on the 15th. When we went last year to the CMI Import Races we felt like outsiders. LOL

Yeah I have a couple of redneck/biker looking guy's going with Me so We should fit rite in.
[Razz] Hopefully it won't be too bad and a couple domestic's will actually show up. [burnout]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you guys should go and show those imports what real cars are. Show them what real et's are. And show them how to cut 60s. That way they don't get big headed and are kept in check. Real drag cars are rwd not fwd.

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Hey Cummins you never answered my question in the other thread. You said you can't make it to the April 15th grudge night, well what about the May 13th Grudge??

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

StreakMatt you told me that you don't drink but I swear every time I see your posts the smell of alcohol proliferates from my computer screen.

Anyway I'll try and make that one. Like I said you'll know when I'm at Sac I'll make a wide open announcement and call everyone and thier mommies out like I always do. I do have a question though, does Grudge Night have any restrictions?

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cummins:
[QB] StreakMatt you told me that you don't drink but I swear every time I see your posts the smell of alcohol proliferates from my computer screen .[QUOTE]

[Roll Eyes] Um OK. If i had 4 arms i'd give that joke 4 thumbs down.

As for restrictions at grudge, its probably the same as TNT. I'm going anyways hoping that since there is more cars i will go un-noticed and not get the boot.

[ March 31, 2006, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I don't get it. Why not just put a roll bar in your car and be done with getting the boot? All you need is a roll bar and jacket. You like drags so much I just don't see the point of getting kicked out all the time or even having to worry about it. And its only a roll bar too.

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

i know, but theres just something about having a cage. I still want to be considered a street car and its like if i do that my street car turns into "Track Car" and i don't want that. Plus its a hassle to get in and out of.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

No Matt I don't mean a cage I just mean a roll bar. Roll bar and jacket is good up to 10.0. And a roll bar is a piece of cake compared to a cage. Why not just do that?

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

I would do that, but i heard different, i heard i needed a 6 point cage welded in [Confused] . Does anyone know the rules for what E.T's and Trap speeds equal what point cage you need???

[ March 31, 2006, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
I would do that, but i heard different, i heard i needed a 6 point cage welded in [Confused] . Does anyone know the rules for what E.T's and Trap speeds equal what point cage you need???

I know the cut off for trap is 135. This I am sure of. Running that is about the same requirements as running 9s. I'll look into the requirements for up to 10.0. I also know that a chute is required for 150 mph.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

So is anyone else going if it is'nt raining?

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe a five point bar is needed for 10.0. That is the main hoop, two bars into the back, and the door bar on the drivers side.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I just checked and yes you are correct the 5 point is needed for 10.0. Well Matt why not just do that? At least you don't have the front runners coming by your head.

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Cummins i know you're good at posting pics, so see if you can find a pic of a 5 point.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I'll try and find one then post it up. I think Johnb runs a 5 point? Imagine a roll bar behind your seat then 2 runners on each side going backwards. Then 1 driver side door cross member. Hence the 5 point. You're going to lose your back seat if you haven't already done so. But hell who sits back there in a 2 door coupe anyway. At least you'll be able to run it out anywhere you go without having to worry about getting kicked out. And you won't have any bars going by your head as you would with a sub 10 sec legal cage. Most of the cage would be behind you except for the door cross member, which you can make to swing out with the door.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
You're going to lose your back seat if you haven't already done so. But hell who sits back there in a 2 door coupe anyway.

Actually, you can get bars where the two down bars in the back go over the back seat. Not only that, if not buying a kit and having someone bend locally, they can accomodate for keeping the back seat.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com