Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » What's a good 60' for stock irs? (Page 1)

Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's a good 60' for stock irs?
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just wondering what would be a good 60' for stock irs. I'm stuck in a rut and can't seem to get below where I'm at. 03-04 cobras have stock irs right? Anyone here try launching with them and if so what types of 60's are you cutting?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried having your buddy recalibrate the stop watch...your 60' may actually be better than you think it is.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Have you tried having your buddy recalibrate the stop watch...your 60' may actually be better than you think it is.

hahahah LOL [patriot]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did recalibrate it and ran high 1.3's to mid 1.4's consistently. The worst I cut was a high 1.4. I'm looking to get into the mid-low 1.3s. Just wondering if anyone has tips on how to do so with stock irs. Thanks and have a great day!

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Hey Matt glad you posted. You're a drag racing machine maybe you can give me some tips on how to cut good 60's with stock irs. You have a bad ass car and I really like your videos. Much props to you and keep them videos cummin!

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why should I or anyone else here give you advice when you don't take anything serious, nor will you ever go to the track. And whats up with you wanting to 60FT now? I thought you were a Ricer Roll Racer?? haha say that 3 times fast

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cummins are you really doing this w/ a stop watch? If so your 60' times are probably around .90 or 1.0 because it takes a human around .40 sec. to react . You have to be the fastest IRS car in the world.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Matt I don't know why you are mean to me I just want to be your friend. I have already been to the track and raced some cafords people. I only race from a roll on the street. Street digs are for people with gears, light cars and low end tq. I have none of that. I know my limitations so I'll do digs at the track or rolls on the street. But it looks like my street racing days maybe over soon. How about more videos from you??? I love the music I downloaded it into my ipod. It makes me want to get up and cut some rug! Maybe you and I can have a beer at the next track outting?

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Hey Matt what do you think of my 60 times. How could I improve them?

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Matt I don't know why you are mean to me I just want to be your friend. I have already been to the track and raced some cafords people. I only race from a roll on the street. Street digs are for people with gears, light cars and low end tq. I have none of that. I know my limitations so I'll do digs at the track or rolls on the street. But it looks like my street racing days maybe over soon. How about more videos from you??? I love the music I downloaded it into my ipod. It makes me want to get up and cut some rug! Maybe you and I can have a beer at the next track outting?

Hey bro I'm not trying to be negative towards you just honest. I mean you have to admit that you haven't followed through on any of the races people have called you out on. Ok so you say you raced at the track against other CA Fords members, well what are their screen names? Can they vouch for you that you were out there? If you were really serious about racing (and actually showed up) then i'm sure people on here would help you. You want to gain RESPECT on here from CA Fords members then I will ask you this, Why don't you just show up at the first Grudge Night of the year on April 15th and race your car. It doesn't matter if you don't have the right tires, or no nitrous or whatever, no excuses just show up and have some fun. Just prove to us you are down to run and you will be taken serious on here and gain respect and no more BS. As for your 60FT times, Honestly you're not cutting 1.3's-1.4's theres no way. But if you want to improve them you have to have some nice sticky tires ( ET Streets especially) maybe some skinnies up front if you can. i don't know much about suspension for Supras, but if they make anything to keep your IRS stiff and no wheel hop under load then that would be good also. You can buy some front drag style struts to help weight transfer, but you are going to hurt drivability on your street car, and you probably don't want that.

P.S I might be over 21 but i don't drink at all [Wink]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Hey Matt that's cool. I did call everyone out and I went to the track. No one showed up. Smokin had something else to do so he couldn't go. But I did tell him I was going and I went. Some people here on the site saw me and I actually ran against a few. They can tell you who they are and the outcome. I can't go to the first grudge fest because I'll be in LA for easter sunday. I should be able to go to the May one. Anyway, I'll let everyone know when I'm going to the track and I'll be sure to post up and call everyone out like I always do. And I swear my car did 1.4s and a few 1.3s. It felt like a rocket when I launched it. The timer was working well too so its completely accurate. And I had a printer print out a time slip. It even has my name on it!

Ok I'll buy you a coke then.

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey Matt that's cool. I did call everyone out and I went to the track. No one showed up. Smokin had something else to do so he couldn't go. But I did tell him I was going and I went. Some people here on the site saw me and I actually ran against a few. They can tell you who they are and the outcome. I can't go to the first grudge fest because I'll be in LA for easter sunday. I should be able to go to the May one. Anyway, I'll let everyone know when I'm going to the track and I'll be sure to post up and call everyone out like I always do. And I swear my car did 1.4s and a few 1.3s. It felt like a rocket when I launched it. The timer was working well too so its completely accurate. And I had a printer print out a time slip. It even has my name on it!

Ok I'll buy you a coke then.

1.3's huh? Damn, thats harder launch than my 1.43. And I was at the track on slicks [Confused]

ROFL

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ya I had 2 in the 1.3s and the rest were in the low to mid 1.4s. I could tell by the way it hooked and how the car felt. 1.43 is awesome for a street car.

Hey Matt are you sure you don't drink? Shot of Jack? Some Crown? A Corona?

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] No way 1.3-1.4's [BS flag]

I really wouldn't even bring up any kinda time unless it's printed right there on a time slip.....cuz if it ain't no-one will take you seriously!

By the way some sticky DR's (MT's) or ET Streets, and IRS brace, and don't drop the clutch w/ hi rev's and you should be on your way to 1.70's - 1.8x's

I did it on the stock IRS w/ a brace and MT's w/ 500 rwtq.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I swear my car did 1.4s and a few 1.3s.

Please insert further statements of your 60' times in here:

-

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ya I had 2 in the 1.3s and the rest were in the low to mid 1.4s. I could tell by the way it hooked and how the car felt. 1.43 is awesome for a street car.

Great so now he's using a "seat of the pants" calculation...

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

There's nothing wrong with the ass dyno infact it works quite well. The ass dyno revealed a change in seat pressure so I suspected I was down a little hp. I strapped my car to the dynojet and lo and behold I was down 20 hp from 900rwhp to 880rwhp. I found a little boost leak and now its fixed. So its not surprising that I can "feel" by the seat of my pants what 1.4s in the 60 is. I only hit 1.3s twice so I really don't count them. But I do hit consistent mid to low 1.4's all day long. My ass dyno is very sensitive and its calibrated for accuracy.

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's nothing wrong with the ass dyno infact it works quite well. The ass dyno revealed a change in seat pressure so I suspected I was down a little hp. I strapped my car to the dynojet and lo and behold I was down 20 hp from 900rwhp to 880rwhp. I found a little boost leak and now its fixed. So its not surprising that I can "feel" by the seat of my pants what 1.4s in the 60 is. I only hit 1.3s twice so I really don't count them. But I do hit consistent mid to low 1.4's all day long. My ass dyno is very sensitive and its calibrated for accuracy.

[Roll Eyes] wow. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Try rolling your eyes at this!

-

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the finish margin at the bottom, you ran a 8.84. Ya, right. [BS flag]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:

-

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

So why even start the thread....it's obvious now that you have mastered the skill of launching a "stock irs" Cobra [Roll Eyes] LOL

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

-

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

So why even start the thread....it's obvious now that you have mastered the skill of launching a "stock irs" Cobra [Roll Eyes] LOL

He does'nt drive a cobra. He say's He drives a supra.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Yo, if that timeslip is real, i know its not from Sac Raceway, and Infineon doesn't have TNT. Also when did TNT start having different rounds of racing? And when did they start using names also, and why would you put your screen name as your name?? LOL..unless that is your name..LOL..anyways i'm still calling [BS flag] on the 60FT with stock IRS as you say...You said you're going to be in L.A on April 15th grudge night...I will give you that excuse this time, BUT i'm holding you to being at the May 13th grudge. All BS aside, and NO EXCUSES!!!. Mark it on your calendar, Set your Timex you used for your 60FT runs or whatever. Just be there!

[ March 29, 2006, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
Yo, if that timeslip is real, i know its not from Sac Raceway, and Infineon doesn't have TNT. Also when did TNT start having different rounds of racing? And when did they start using names also, and why would you put your screen name as your name?? LOL..unless that is your name..LOL..anyways i'm still calling [BS flag] on the 60FT with stock IRS as you say...You said you're going to be in L.A on April 15th grudge night...I will give you that excuse this time, BUT i'm holding you to being at the May 13th grudge. All BS aside, and NO EXCUSES!!!. Mark it on your calendar, Set your Timex you used for your 60FT runs or whatever. Just be there!

Also don't forget about his Ass Dyno...to verify times.

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:

Also don't forget about his Ass Dyno...to verify times.
I forgot that one [Big Grin] LOL

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com