Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Wednesday Night Drags is Back

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wednesday Night Drags is Back
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tomorrow looks like it's gonna be the first day of Wednesday Night Drags in Sacramento....Hmmmm

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm...i'll probly show up at some point in the night

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought weds nights were just a bunch of kiddies and that its hard to get many runs in? No?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I thought weds nights were just a bunch of kiddies and that its hard to get many runs in? No?

No.

Weds nights are good for street cars, as you're not wasting the time of folks during T-n-T sessions. Not to mention it's cheap.

I'll drag the new ride up there to see what it's got. I got a feeling though it won't last long. They still bootin' cars that are sub-12's, right?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

No.

Weds nights are good for street cars, as you're not wasting the time of folks during T-n-T sessions. Not to mention it's cheap.

I'll drag the new ride up there to see what it's got. I got a feeling though it won't last long. They still bootin' cars that are sub-12's, right?

The fastest you can go now is 11.50's on wed nights. Also no slicks and they are cracking down on loud cars due to all the homes getting closer and closer to the track [Frown] [BS flag]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, I ain't cracking 11.50's so I'll be ok there. No slicks, but will DR's cut it?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear that you can't get many runs in on Weds night. I'm there to get as many runs as possible to tune my car. Also, no slicks? WTF? Do they consider et streets a slick? I recall people running et drags on wednesday maybe they were loose on tech?

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Ok, I ain't cracking 11.50's so I'll be ok there. No slicks, but will DR's cut it?

Yes DR's will be fine I've been there serveral times recently with my mt et drag radials and its no problem.

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

It's been close to 10 years since I hit up a weds night. I'm a bit rusty on the rules. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

what car you bringing, the lightning?

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Nope, that's the daily driver. I'll bring the procharged one. [Smile]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

aahhhh cool what times you shooting for?

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Something better than stock. [Wink]

Honestly, I don't have a clue what it WILL run. I know what it SHOULD run, which is mid 12's.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think once you've been eliminated, you can run in the loser lane until the end of the night. Well that's how it was the last time I was there.

So you can get a good number of runs in sometimes.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you get there at 5, you will for sure get 3 runs, 2 partice runs and 1st round. then if it's not super packed you can usually get in atleast 1 or 2 if you go out 1st round. the trick is staying in the lanes by your car. if you pull out you'll probly lose a run.

hopefully next weeks weather is better!

--------------------

2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do they run Bikes on Wed nights??
and is the 11.50 just for cars since most bikes dip into the 10's?

Dan.

1988Stang
¯
Member # 6280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1988Stang  Ford pictures for 1988Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes they run bikes, i don't know exactly what the time rules are but i know if your gonna run fast, which most new bikes do stock, you have to wear leather paints and jacket and hard boots. And obviously a helmet, Der.
svt3773
¯
Member # 4759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt3773  Ford pictures for svt3773    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much for trophy?

--------------------
1989 Ford Ranger

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

trophy class is only during the points ET races.
wed nights are all just 'trophy' classes, fun braket type thing, no money to win

--------------------

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, can't wait to run my 95 for the first time. Hope it isn't as slow as my 94 was.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
mf150
¯
Member # 6526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mf150  Ford pictures for mf150  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I hear that you can't get many runs in on Weds night. I'm there to get as many runs as possible to tune my car. Also, no slicks? WTF? Do they consider et streets a slick? I recall people running et drags on wednesday maybe they were loose on tech?

I went last year to a wed night session, and there were people there with slicks...I saw some professional cars run 7s along with the street cars (obviously, they let the pro cars go w/o anyone else running).

--------------------
BDRA #83

Posts: 72 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com