Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » next infinion day?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: next infinion day?
SONIC LX
¯
Member # 5850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SONIC LX  Ford pictures for SONIC LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone know the next day they are open? i missed the last day cause of work [Frown] cant believe the weather permitted. anyways, lmk please

--------------------
87 LX ex 4cyl now TFS H/C/I
79 Pace car 5.0/C4 5 lug

Posts: 349 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think it's feb the 29th. it's only one day this month. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its on pres day
LOCKDOWN
¯
Member # 4768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LOCKDOWN  Ford pictures for LOCKDOWN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
infineon is not worth it.I went this sunday and only got 2 runs.if i were you i go to sac. [patriot]

--------------------
saleen cobra' 687rwhp on procharged setup.New setup,Race turbo motor,t91' turbo cobra' 1xxx rwhp @ mid boost. ,lockdown,

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LOCKDOWN:
infineon is not worth it.I went this sunday and only got 2 runs.if i were you i go to sac. [patriot]

that kinda stuff cracks me up. every time I've gone to sac i only get 3 runs. always!
whenever i go to infinion i usually get 3 runs plus at least 2 more on the elimination round.
i rather drive one hour and get 3 runs.. than 1.5 almost 2 hours for the same number of runs.
i guess last Sunday was an exception to the rule since everyone seemed to get only 1 run.

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] March 1st

Jersey may even have a tranny by then [Big Grin]

[ January 31, 2006, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
[worship] March 1st

Jersey may even have a tranny by then [Big Grin]

if my tranny is not ready, i'm driving your car.. remember, i know where you live.. [Wink]

--------------------
=(

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys have to keep in mind a couple things:
Infineon will only give the trophy racers as many time runs as the schedule allows. Last Sunday, they didnt get the track ready until around 11:00am...we're lucky they ran us at all...Sac cant dry a damp track in 2-3 hours...they'll take your money, and offer a rain check after they attempt to dry a track...

also, if you want to get *as many* time runs as the big-boys do, dont enter "trophy"...enter "sportsman"...they allow slicks, and on weekend events, open exhaust...you pay more, but you run for a purse, not some golden thing that takes up space on a shelf...besides, you cant buy parts with trophies!

You see, the "big boys" are signed up for a season-long commitment for 'team points' which costs them an additional $100 to join. If you want to know why you only got 1 time run, realize that those who paid to race for the points, and for a purse will ALWAYS get preferential treatment...hell, they paid for it!

step up, pay the extra $15 and race for cash!!!

the schedule for Infineon is posted on their website, and the next one is 2/20....President's day...a Monday race.

--------------------
94 black/black Mark VIII
97 LSC red/graphite Mark VIII
Vice President GGM8
Black Ice LSC

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blackicelsc:
You see, the "big boys" are signed up for a season-long commitment for 'team points' which costs them an additional $100 to join.

Are you one of the "big boys" you are talking about? What were you driving again [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
You see, the "big boys" are signed up for a season-long commitment for 'team points' which costs them an additional $100 to join.

Are you one of the "big boys" you are talking about? What were you driving again [Roll Eyes]
i want to be a "bigboy" [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
quote:

i want to be a "bigboy" [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Then I guess you must drive a MarkVIII [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
technically, I wasnt racing at all. But I've been racing at Infineon/Sears Point since the late 80's, and one thing I have learned is... the track sees those who paid for the "points" and are running for money as 'the big boys'....even if you're a Girl.

The point is, the track doesnt see the trophy racers as "big boys"...they see the trophy racers as the little guys...if you havent figured that out yet, you havent been racing at infineon long enough.

it's sad, I know... you all paid to race, and should see equal track time. But the track, being a "business" and having/showing favorites to those who "pay more" will ALWAYS show favoritism to those who 'grease the palms', if ya know what I mean.

They sometimes even let folks pay to run two classes...but as soon as they stopped allowing people to take BOTH sets of time runs, they put a stop to the "double dipping"...if you were there Sunday, you heard this over the loud speaker.

as long as you pay the minimum amount of money to race, you'll only get the minimum amount of time runs...at least at Infineon, that is.

[ January 31, 2006, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Blackicelsc ]

SONIC LX
¯
Member # 5850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SONIC LX  Ford pictures for SONIC LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool so march 1st, im hopin brandon gets an opening to do my coupe conversion before then [Big Grin] . how much money can you win in sportsman? maybe ill be a big boy [worship]

--------------------
79 Pace car 5.0/C4 5 lug

SONIC LX
¯
Member # 5850

btw does anyone know when sac is open? never been there, id like to check out a different track, i hear you get better times there?

--------------------
79 Pace car 5.0/C4 5 lug

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SONIC LX:
btw does anyone know when sac is open? never been there, id like to check out a different track, i hear you get better times there?

Go to www.sacramentoraceway.com and click on track schedule. They are open this wednsday evening and saturday from 12-4. Couple of us are going out saturday so join the fun!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Sac has a race this weekend...it is THEIR second SUMMIT ET points race...same program that Infineon ran last Sunday.

and as for purse,

Super-pro-, $800 TO WIN
Pro $700 to win
Sportsman $600
Trophy- NOTHING!

Mother nature is teasing us again this weekend...rain on saturday, and racing on Sunday...hopefully Sac can dry their track...

anyone going?

we'll be there in our 1970 Enderle-injected Big Block Camaro running on alky...if the track holds, we should see some 9.50's/9.40's/...we run it in Super-Pro.

sorry, I know it's a Bow Tie, but I tune this sucker, and it runs killer...and some of you die-hard drag racers can appreciate a good launch, no matter what kind of car it is.

-
 -

[ February 01, 2006, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Blackicelsc ]

svt3773
¯
Member # 4759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt3773  Ford pictures for svt3773    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll be there on the 29th. illl see how much my new 18" ponys will hold me down.

--------------------
1989 Ford Ranger

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there as long as the weathers decent the couple days before. Hopefully i can make it in my Notch, thats if iget some time to work on my own shit.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
march 1 cool

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com