Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Kevin, back half 8.77....JP, 8.78 fastest cafords small tire stock suspension stang!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Kevin, back half 8.77....JP, 8.78 fastest cafords small tire stock suspension stang!!
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well well well...look who comes out of the wood work with a time slip hiding for 7 months. Congrats on maintaining the title. JP, sounds like you had a fictitous title. hehehehe

Kevin, how about You, JP, and I go heads up in January for the title. What do you say?

[ November 16, 2005, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SandMan
¯
Member # 1415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SandMan  Ford pictures for SandMan        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"UPDATE: Jug is here, d-day coming soon to a track near you!!!"

I thought that you would have run a 8.20 by now.. get off the pc and get back to work on that car!!!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SandMan:
"UPDATE: Jug is here, d-day coming soon to a track near you!!!"

I thought that you would have run a 8.20 by now.. get off the pc and get back to work on that car!!!

Good lord...whats with such expectations [Smile]

Can't a guy get a one piece front end before coming back out? [patriot]

--------------------

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN!! If this keeps up I'm going to get knocked off the top 50 list! Congrat's Kevin.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so the 8.77 was with the old stock style stuff and not the new 4 link

either way 8.77 is flying, especially at 144 [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
so the 8.77 was with the old stock style stuff and not the new 4 link

either way 8.77 is flying, especially at 144 [Big Grin]

Oh wait a minute...thats right...he is not stock suspension. I think that was done well before May. Holy Shit....JP still has the stock suspension small tire fastest cafords mustang record....

Go JP Go JP...

Editing title of thread...

--------------------

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That 8.77 pass was not on stock suspension. My car was backhalfed (much more stable and safe now) summer of 2004. My most recent 60fts have been in the 1.25-26 range. Best with the modified stock stuff was 1.30 and scary down the track. The reason for the backhalf was it got to the point where every pass was uncomfortable and half the time I had to lift. The car was driving me instead of the other way around. To go faster safely, something had to be done. I plan on racing the car a lot more next year. Expecting low 8's. Anybody know how to pack a chute?
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW congrats to everyone in the 8 sec range. If it were easy, everybody would be doing it.
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Congrats yerself for being the first one on the site to do it....good job.

Low 8s will be awesome. Is your car running now? Would you be interested in running a couple stock suspenion cars in January?

Packing a chute is easy...don't ask Norm. He has pulled it hundreds of times but only packed it for the first time himself 2 weeks ago...hahahahaha

--------------------

trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Greg, you were also involved in packing the chute. If it doesn't deploy the next time, it's on you.

The Extinct Dinosaur "Trbo50"

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by trbo50:
Greg, you were also involved in packing the chute. If it doesn't deploy the next time, it's on you.

The Extinct Dinosaur "Trbo50"

Dayummm...blame it on me. Sheesh. Oh wait a minute...well is this a reunion or what. I didn't realize you were on this site. The true first Cafords member in the 8s....and 7s [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Don't think I can race in January. To many other things going on--(family vacation is big one). Let me know what date/s. Crank is out of motor and being fixed now.
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Hey Kevin,

Lets revisit it after the first of the year.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com