Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Awesome day at the track!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Awesome day at the track!!!
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went out to Sac today for some TNT. Saw a lot of old time names that haven't been out in a while.

Steve Collins,...in his Chevelle on just his second time out with his new combo, ran an 8.52 at 159 on the motor

Doug Reed in his 57 Chevy (?), first pass in the car (ever) runs a 7.5 at 175

Jeff Simpson was out in his Vette...didn't see him get a chance to run though.

Chris Rhoda, visiting from Vietnam, came out to hang out and help. Now how many crew members do you know that will fly half way around the world to help with a multi colored stang

Matt Castro a.k.a. Haulinassmaro(doing really strange things to my fuel jug and when questioned on what he was doing stated 'Oh you were watching') was a big help for me.

Now...for my Junkyard Dog!!! I ran the car for the last time on motor. Was hoping to get a 'new best' as my personal best was a 9.56 the FIRST DAY I EVER RAN THE CAR. I wasn't so lucky, but did have a hell of a lot of 9.6 runs...check 'em out:

Next time out will be a whole new ball game when the nitrous beith squeezed right out of the gate!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good runs greg! i caught the last like 2 or 3 in the tower (didnt get there till 5:45) man i havent been to the track in 2 freaking months!
btw the car sounds BADASS on the burnouts, you're looking much more comfortable driving now.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
good runs greg! i caught the last like 2 or 3 in the tower (didnt get there till 5:45) man i havent been to the track in 2 freaking months!
btw the car sounds BADASS on the burnouts, you're looking much more comfortable driving now.

Thanks man. The car is feeling great. My second to the last run, Leonard tried to put me in the left lane and I wouldn't go over cuz the left lane was crap. After going back/forth with him, he let me have right lane. Did you catch my last pass when Jr. had me run left lane? I didn't want to at all and sure enough....blew the tire off. RIght lane was the way to go ALL DAY!!!

Day 1 in this car, it felt really fast. By the end of the day yesterday, the car felt slow. I'm really feeling good in that car. Time for bottle so I can get that 'holy shit [Eek!] ' feeling again.

--------------------

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great runs! when's the nitrous going on?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i say don't use the bottle and go race Pro Gas/ C/GAS (9.60 index, no electronics) and stomp those guys!

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Jug is in process of being put on the car. Most likely will be ready in about a month. Unfortunatley, Sac Raceway doesn't have any 'big' races planned for the rest of the year. I won't go to Sac unless I KNOW it will hook. This last Friday it hooked because of the Governor's Cup qualifying on Friday night and elims on Saturday. I may hit up Sears Point or I may spend the money and haul this thing to Vegas.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com