Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sears point sept 14

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sears point sept 14
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who all was out there? anyone? got a bunch of pics that night

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was there and my car broke down the first run [Mad] . I shold be back in two weeks.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was there too.. did you take any pictures of me almost crashing into the other lane? [Mad] [Mad]
Sucks having to go through all this trouble just becuase someone thought quadshocks were not necessary and did not tell me about it.. [Mad]

having said that.... that was probably one of the worst nights i've had at the racetrack..
For once, my car is just not ready for the track.. and seeing carlos, a good friend, messing up his engine wasn't fun either. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
=(

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
i was there too.. did you take any pictures of me almost crashing into the other lane? [Mad] [Mad]
Sucks having to go through all this trouble just becuase someone thought quadshocks were not necessary and did not tell me about it.. [Mad]

having said that.... that was probably one of the worst nights i've had at the racetrack..
For once, my car is just not ready for the track.. and seeing carlos, a good friend, messing up his engine wasn't fun either. [Embarrassed]

Do You have aftermarket control arms? [Confused]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nope.... not yet

--------------------
=(

yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

what happened to you jersey, so ya think im gonna have the same problem?
Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

could not even start the burnout without getting massive wheelhop. so since i didn't feel like breaking my rearend a the line i simply backed off and staged. The tires were cold and useless.
I launched it at 1.5k rpm which is nothing and the car shook violently. I got off of it. got on it gently. Shifted to second and the car got sideways and shook violentely.... I got off the gas, i was still ahead eventhough i had left the tree last. [Big Grin] .. shifted into third and the car got sideways again this time going straight into the right lane.
The guy next to me slammed on his brakes when he saw me swerving....
After taking a sec to straighten the car out I noticed the my opponent had gunned it again.. And I just cruised to the finish line.

I will have to find stock quadshocks and put them on before i even try heading to the track again.

I don't know if you'll have the same problem.. your car is not as strong and the rear is not as light.... i'm starting to believe that i might even have the stock 4cyl control arms. i don't know if they are different than 5.0s or not..
So.. we'll see..
Are we going to finish painting your car this weekend?

[ September 17, 2005, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
could not even start the burnout without getting massive wheelhop. so since i didn't feel like breaking my rearend a the line i simply backed off and staged. The tires were cold and useless.
I launched it at 1.5k rpm which is nothing and the car shook violently. I got off of it. got on it gently. Shifted to second and the car got sideways and shook violentely.... I got off the gas, i was still ahead eventhough i had left the tree last. [Big Grin] .. shifted into third and the car got sideways again this time going straight into the right lane.
The guy next to me slammed on his brakes when he saw me swerving....
After taking a sec to straighten the car out I noticed the my opponent had gunned it again.. And I just cruised to the finish line.

I will be have to find stock quadshocks and put them on before i even try heading to the track again.

I don't know if you'll have the same problem.. your car is not as strong and the rear is not as light.... i'm starting to believe that i might even have the stock 4cyl control arms. i don't know if they are different than 5.0s or not..
So.. we'll see..
Are we going to finish painting your car this weekend?

Just go strait for afrtermarketuppers and lower and dont waist your time with that stock B.S. If cash is a concern just find some used ones, should be able to pick some up for a couple hudred ar less!
[patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You keep talking about how you don't have quad shocks, and keep complaining. Get some quads or aftermarket control arms and you'll avoid all this trouble... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i'm waiting for whoever has my quads to simply send me those along with the brackets and a non leaking steering pump..
oh.. and the tranny cover plate [Wink]
i'm not the type that throws out names just for the hell of it.. so no need to discuss this any further.. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jersey- if it comes down to it and you need a set of Quads, lemme know...I've got about 5 sets kickin' it here. And yes, unless you have a GOOD set of UCA/LCA's you NEED to run quadshocks. [Smile]
John

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Jersey- if it comes down to it and you need a set of Quads, lemme know...I've got about 5 sets kickin' it here. And yes, unless you have a GOOD set of UCA/LCA's you NEED to run quadshocks. [Smile]
John

what he said!!!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i was there too.. did you take any pictures of me almost crashing into the other lane?
Sucks having to go through all this trouble just becuase someone thought quadshocks were not necessary and did not tell me about it..
For once, my car is just not ready for the track.. and seeing carlos, a good friend, messing up his engine wasn't fun either.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You keep talking about how you don't have quad shocks, and keep complaining. Get some quads or aftermarket control arms and you'll avoid all this trouble...

Shit i will complaning too, he had someone do a whole swap from a vert to a coupe and then finds out that he's missing shit, so this is not the matter of he needs controls arm or that he needs to buy quads, the quads should have been there to begin with, but my friend is not the type of person that he is going to call and bitch.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree. If the parts are missing, someone needs to own up to it. That's messed up. [BS flag]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey if you need some lowers,i have some SSM lift bars & some 12-way QA-1 shocks for you. $125 for both and there yours.

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jersey, if you want your quad shocks and clutch cable dust cover installed, just bring your car up here. I told you I wanted to keep your car longer, but you wanted it back...REMEMBER [Confused] I told you not to rush me, but you did anyways. I didnt do any burn outs in your car, if I had it longer I might have felt some wheel hop, and told you that it needs quad shocks, and the ones on your vert dont work. As for the rear control arms, you nailed it. They are 4 cyl. ones. Why would I switch them over, they are the same fucking thing as the 5.0 ones [Roll Eyes] . Why dont you give me a call if you have so many problems with your car, because last I knew you were happy with it.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

dude.. how did i rush you? i barely talked to you during the process.. you said two more days.. i said take your time.. if you would have said you needed longer i would have given you more time.
Nothing was said about the quadshocks otherwise i would have done soemthing about it right then... this is private and should not be in the forum. read your emails.

[ September 18, 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was out there and got Runner Up in the wife's Explorer. I think that I will take the Ex back out this week and then switch back to the bike next week.

I will either be rebuilding the Mustang's motor over the winter or buying a KC 331 shortblock already done for next season. I am not sure how much I am willing to spend yet, so I am still undecided.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com