Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » My times are still all over the place...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My times are still all over the place...
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need lots more practice launching on the bottle...

I tried the first run with the 150 jets and it didn't go too good. The car spun like crazy and bounced off the rev limiter which is set around 7k or so. It resulted in a big backfire and blew off the inlet tube again.

I dropped it down to a 100 shot and had better results even though my times didn't change much:

12.02 @114.57 w/1.84 60'
11.97 @113.72 w/1.79 60'
11.85 @113.80 w/1.66 60'
11.73 @113.89 W/1.72 60'
11.62 @114.34 W/1.68 60'
11.60 @113.17 W/1.62 60' new best but not by much

[ August 27, 2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: twstd5.4 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you really need that 275/60 under there [Big Grin]

are you still launching like before, just gassin it??

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you're right...these tire should be pretty much toast now too.

I seemed to have better luck brake stalling to around 1500rpms. Next time out I'll try to go higher and see what happens.

I gotta have Jeff S. tune it for the 150 shot too. [Big Grin] Man that first run was ugly. I coasted about 1000' down the track cause the car died. I didn't even know if I would make it to one of the return roads.

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that and your running out of gear on the top end causing the low mph

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you had a prtty good night? Did'nt break anything and scored a new best! Do you think you are running out of gear? what are your 1/8 mile time & trap? Did you roll up solo or see any fellow board members?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Yeah it was fun but hot. I was 99 degrees at 6:15 last night. I went up by myself. I met Parker (89 fake snake) and that was about it.

My best 1/8 was 7.34 at 93.39

I'm definately running out of gear at probably the 1000' mark. I'm crossing the line at almost 6800rpms.

I'm going to buy some 275/60-15 MT DR next week and hope to see better results.

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, those 60's should make a big difference! You have more room in your wheel wells than fox body's so that won't be a concern rite? I definately want to be there next time you roll, thanks for contacting Me before you went but it was'nt in the cards for Me yesterday. [patriot]

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

so you called smokin but not me, asshole [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

you might want to think about gettting a rpm activated nitrous controller

so when you pass a certain rpm it turns the nitrous on, then turns it off right before you hit the rev limiter, maybe that will help with you bouncing it off the rev limiter and blowing the intake pipe off [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
you might want to think about gettting a rpm activated nitrous controller

so when you pass a certain rpm it turns the nitrous on, then turns it off right before you hit the rev limiter, maybe that will help with you bouncing it off the rev limiter and blowing the intake pipe off [Big Grin]

tony i might have that controller somewere round my house..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Parker...

Yeah thanks,let me know if you have a controller around. I may be interested in buying it.

Eric...

PM your number again. We're gonna go to TnT on 9/9 for some more practice runs before the Norcal Shoot Out. If you wanna go I could swing by and pick you up or you could cruise over here.

Marc...

Yeah I'm hoping they make a big difference.

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by twstd5.4:
Parker...

Yeah thanks,let me know if you have a controller around. I may be interested in buying it.

Eric...

PM your number again. We're gonna go to TnT on 9/9 for some more practice runs before the Norcal Shoot Out. If you wanna go I could swing by and pick you up or you could cruise over here.

Marc...

With some cool whether and some 60's on there is there a chancefor 10's. I think you will need at least 119+ trap speeds and 1.5 60 foots.

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Parker...

Eric...

Marc...

shit i might be bringing my own hooptie for that tnt

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Parker...

Eric...

Marc...

shit i might be bringing my own hooptie for that tnt
cool mabe we can caravan up! And I'll see if smokeyburnout wants to roll too. I think tony is plannin on meeting up with me here in antioch around 3 to try and beat some of the traffic and avoid the dreaded highway 80 traffic. Can't wait!

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm down to roll out for TNT the night before the shootout.

I'm just don't know how many more passes i can get outta the stock clutch though [Roll Eyes]

Tony - If you are interested i have an rpm activated switch that i don't use anymore.....you are welcome to try it out if you like it's just collecting dust in the garage lol. Only thing is that it's not a "window" switch so only for activating the "squeeze" not turning it off. But that w/ an WOT switch is pretty safe.

p.s. Congrats on the new best [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

That would be sweet if we could all meet up. I'll definately meet up with Marc around 3 for the trip up there.

Eric-You could either hook up with us in the East bay or we could meet you up there, which ever is easiest for you. You should being your bucket...I want to see it tear it up. [Big Grin]

Patrick-Thanks for the offer. I think I'll end up buying one once the car is tuned for the 150shot. If you wanna cruise up there with us, let me know and I'll pm you my address.

Tony

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
That would be sweet if we could all meet up. I'll definately meet up with Marc around 3 for the trip up there.

Eric-You could either hook up with us in the East bay or we could meet you up there, which ever is easiest for you. You should being your bucket...I want to see it tear it up. [Big Grin]

Patrick-Thanks for the offer. I think I'll end up buying one once the car is tuned for the 150shot. If you wanna cruise up there with us, let me know and I'll pm you my address.

Tony

Damn this event is rite around the corner, [Whoo Whooooo!] Im starting to get that warm fuzzzy feeling inside. [Big Grin] J/K

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com