Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New MPH high

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New MPH high
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, decided to hit up Sac today and had some good runs. Unfortunately, I did not match or beat my fastest time of 9.56 @ 141 from April 1st, but I did get a 142 mph on my fastest pass of the day...9.65. I had a pair of 9.6 passes and a pair of 9.7 passes. It is now time to change the rear gear, send in the converter to change the stall, and PUT THE JUG ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
faith restored in the track again????

btw nice runs i saw the 142 pass...good shit, did you see eric neola run a 6.9 [Eek!]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
faith restored in the track again????

btw nice runs i saw the 142 pass...good shit, did you see eric neola run a 6.9 [Eek!]

I was actuallly supposed to run Bakersfield yesterday. However, Norm put it best...if I am going to race people, most likely it will be at Sac so it is best to handicap the car to make it work at Sac. I didn't have to make any suspension changes at all. It was like the first day at the track all over again...good track conditions overall. On my 9.80 pass, I was inches from the center line and stayed in it nearly the whole way. I was about to clip one of the cones and I lifted. I had one other lift pass that shot the car left a lil bit at the shift so I aborted rather than tried the be Captain Save a Pass.

By the way, got my second and third best sixty foots: 1.37, 1.38!!!

[worship] 6.9!!!! Oh, did you see that one first gen Camaro that launched like the Mopar in Fast and the Furious [Eek!]

--------------------

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya that camaro was out today, fun as hell to watch.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Team SOLO:

By the way, got my second and third best sixty foots: 1.37, 1.38!!!
Nice 60 ft times and great mph! [Eek!] I was out there saturday and also recorded good 60 ft times for me "low 1.6s" anyways track conditions seem good. [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:

Nice 60 ft times and great mph! [Eek!] I was out there saturday and also recorded good 60 ft times for me "low 1.6s" anyways track conditions seem good. [patriot]

Thanks man. I'm hoping for some low 1.3 (and dreaming of a 1.29) on the jug. I'm also hoping for about 155+ mph. We shall see soon enough. It is gonna take me a while to get the car setup as I got a lot going on with work/house/wife/kid.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com