Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » infenein on wend.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: infenein on wend.
Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the track still is open right? i was jw because of the track day that happend today. thanks

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From talk around the guys at the track sounds like it is!
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many cars are showing up on Wed nights these days? I haven't been out there in at least 3 years...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the track will be open on july the 20th. i'm crusing there with a couple of guys. if you see my car come say hi.

--------------------
=(

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it worth going these days?

I remember when they had the old track and 300+ cars would show up, I always left upset.

Of course its been years and I have heard there have been many changes...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WEll sometimes its packed and it sucks, other times its just the right amount of people. This last wendsday was great, it went by qucily and we all had 3 pratcice rusn. Just gotta hope its a good day [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be out there tomorrow with my Stang again. I raced my bike the last two times out and won, so now it is time to go back to the car and see how I can do.

Jersey, is thay you?

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Goodluck Craig. I'm having troubles with the stang again and have NO time to look at it. Soon enough..... Jersey bought some very nice trick flow heads and track heat intake from me, complete with rr's/throttle body and all. Should be a hell of a setup after it's installed this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well since I have a season pass and the Wednesday night drags have been awfully scarce this year... I'll be there!!

Try not to line up behind Need-a-Cage... his car drips oil. Ha, ha!! Sorry Craig.

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm trying to run tomororw nite and i've never been. Can anyone take me under their wing and show me the ropes? I think i need a helmet to run rite? thanks guys. If anyone can help, send me a PM

--------------------
91 GT

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very funny pal. After that comment, you better hope you don't line up beside me!

Hockeyguy, I will be in the supercharged green LX. Come by if you have questions.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
craig, any thing i should bring, you know like little things that could come in handy? I honestly dont know what my car can run, it seems quick, but then again ive been drivin a chevy truckc for most of the last year. thanks.

--------------------
91 GT

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You cannot wear shorts or a tank top when racing. You also need a helmet if your car runs under 14.0 seconds in the quarter. I ran 14.5 the first time I raced my car. I only had it for a couple weeks and it was bone stock. You won't need a helmet unless you have some mods or some sticky tires.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hockey guy, you may want to check their site for all the rules. Craig is fairly new to the whole drag racing thing at Sears point/Infineon. He is still learning himself [Big Grin]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I do know that they are now requiring a fire jacket to run in the 11's. Let Tony know about this one. You can get a cheap single layer jacket to satisfy the officials.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
I do know that they are now requiring a fire jacket to run in the 11's. Let Tony know about this one. You can get a cheap single layer jacket to satisfy the officials.

Craig

Is that only for Wed nights [Confused]

I thought it was just like the bar rule 11.49 and faster.

I was out there with a couple other buds and we were all running in the 11.50-11.70 range and no one warned us.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:

Craig

That is lame. I was thiking about rollin up there but damn they are strict about that kind of stuff, where the hell do ya get one of those jackets and how much do they cost? Thanx.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Summit has them for cheap...I think they're around 80 shipped. I have one but forgot to wear it and nobody said a thing at Sac...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Two weeks ago they told everyone that was in the 11's that they needed a jacket. We checked the official rule book on Wednesday and the jacket rule was changed to 11.49. I had an 11.99 dial in on my car and my buddy had an 11.96 and they didn't say anything. We didn't ask the officials, but apparently they don't even know their own rules.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The fact that the tech officials dont know the *current* NHRA rules, can be very aggrivating.

Craig L, you've been racing that bad-a$$ Fox body for years...they ought to recognize you by now!

but yea, they made a rule change last year. No longer 11.99 for roll-bars(non-convt) and jackets. It is now 11.49

if you are a serious drag racer, you should always carry an official(and current) NHRA rule book in your car.

One year at the Div 7 ET finals, they tried to get us on our Hilborn-injected car. They claimed we needed a hood, or a scoop(Craig knows this car). The rules state-velocity stacks, or an air scoop/air cleaner must be used on all cars with no hood. I had to actually show the moron that we not only have "A" velocity stack...we have 8 of them!

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com