Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Wrong day to go racing!!! hahaha

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wrong day to go racing!!! hahaha
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, so the morning starts out great. Got my Disturbed CD on, chillen in the burb, on my way to Starbux, car on the trailer..what could possibly go wrong? Well, not only could something go wrong, but it decided to happen in Richmond. I was driving the Burb and it suddenly lost power, truck was vibrating and it had a missing sound under load. Hmmmm...pull over on the side of the freeway, car is running hot, water is coming out the tail pipes. GREAT...blown headgasket. We pull over, call AAA to tow the Burb back home, beg FordPny to pull me up to Sac, and not disrupt a day of racing.

While waiting for FordPny to get to Richmond, Norm, his wife Emily, and myself decide to camp out and have a picnic in some mall parking lot in Richmond. Yes, the burb was already towed home so allllllllll my track tools and toys were chillen in a parking lot stall...still waiting for FordPny

We finally arrive at the track about 2:00PM, not bad...well...yes...considering we left at 7:30AM . Finally get unloaded, just getting the pit setup at the top end and a single digit Nomad starts barrel rolling on the track. I then look at the car he is racing and it happens to be a black 86 GT trying to swerve out of the way....holy crap...thats my brother Haulinassmaro going right for the...ohh...ewwww..nooooo...yep...kissed the wall..... He is OK, just some fender smackage and what not.

Now, considering my Burb has just blown a headgasket and Matt just done kissed the wall, I should have listened to the racing Gods. They were saying DO NOT RACE YOUR CAR. Do I listen? Nope

After sitting in my car for what felt like 45 minutes...suited up....every 10 minutes the track officials saying 'we are pulling your lane next', I finally get to run the car. I do my burnout, start backing up, look over and I'm lined up against some altered truck thing...ok...whatever. He stages, I stage, hit the transbrake...floor it.....lights go...let the finger off the transbrake....BOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Tranny is toast.

Lesson: If your tow vehicle breaks down, just go home. If your brother hits the wall, just go home. And if you break your tranny launching the car, just go home. If all of these happen and you haven't gone home, ask your wife to bring you a 12 pack of beer to get through the rest of the night
[Big Grin]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL

Thank you for the lesson on when to go home [Big Grin]

Really sounds like you have had better days. Actually, it sounds like your bro has had better days also [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beleive it or not, even with all the bad, I had a great day. Normally I fly off the handle really easily. I didn't get discouraged when the Burb broke down. Just called AAA and got another way to the track.

One thing that sucked was when I saw my brother crash, I went to hop the fence to get on the track. My wedding ring got caught on the fence when I jumped over and took a nice gouge out of my finger. I blamed my wife as it is her fault I was wearing it at the time.

Even the tranny issue didn't get me discouraged. My friend Norm and my buddy Scott did a majority of the work to get it out, along with myself and Haulinassmaro. It was pulled in no time and is ready to go out for a rebuild.

[patriot]

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW what a day [Eek!]

Had something similar to that happen to me a few yrs back.......i can feel where you're coming from.

Good attitude for such a sucky day... i'll drink a cold one as i appreciate your effort to go racing!

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's what happens when you mix chevy shit with the blue oval

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 50deep:

[worship] [Eek!]

That was damn funny. I can take the heat.

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:

[worship] [Eek!]

Whoa! That came from a dude with only 1 post?! Thats some serious heat [Wink]

--------------------
AED

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
quote:

[worship] [Eek!]

Whoa! That came from a dude with only 1 post?! Thats some serious heat [Wink]
My boy has a Mike's glide that I can put in today. Should this one post from Fairfield wish to step up...the Chevrostang will be ready!

--------------------

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8louzn  Ford pictures for h8louzn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That glide if from mikes is the only way to go. [worship]

If you don't make big power you don't need a chevy trans.

I will never need one!!! [Big Grin]

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Just seconds before the transmission blew up:

-

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Um, yeah. How in the hell do you see past that hood? [Confused] [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Um, yeah. How in the hell do you see past that hood? [Confused] [Eek!]

I just look straight ahead [Smile]

--------------------

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn greg thats one crazy day

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
Sounds like a bummer of a day but good to here your buds ok and just some broken parts. Better luck next time. Are you going to make mustang madness on 4-30 or the ford event on 5-1 ?

Do you have info on these events?

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope not there might be a linching [Wink] look for a superchevy day (which being a dragon you would apreciate that LOL)

[ April 18, 2005, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I hope not there might be a linching [Wink] look for a superchevy day (which being a dragon you would apreciate that LOL)

Oh dude, it's all good...I'm still at that invincible age [Big Grin]

--------------------

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
Sounds like a bummer of a day but good to here your buds ok and just some broken parts. Better luck next time. Are you going to make mustang madness on 4-30 or the ford event on 5-1 ?

Do you have info on these events?
Just the http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/ calender. My car is down and no competiton for yours anyways [Big Grin] but i do have those days off.. for a change.. so im hoping i can go hang out with some buds at the track.

[ April 18, 2005, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com