Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac raceway?!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac raceway?!
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just heard Sac is going to be closing after this year or is only going to be open for another year? is that true?! Sac is the only raceway worth going to!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nothing is set. i will be the first one on this site to hear the truth. but its sad to say i think the days of the track are very limited. i wont go into what i know right now because i dont want to spread more rumors.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Frown] I bet its those damn developers! [Mad] We don't need anymore houses in California! We're overpopulated as it is!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya but you know the saying 'money talks and bullshit walks' well...developers have the talking part....and lots of it. i've heard the ammount of one offer so far...and i gotta say..i woulda taken it. lol

--------------------

04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to remember so years ago.. Ok, many of you are too young to remember it, but there have always been rumors of Sac Raceway closing. I can believe they are more credible now since they are building a lot more houses out there now. Just remember. If you go out every Weds and on thier test and tune days there is more of a chance they will fight to stay around because they are making $$$$$>

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When Sac Raceway closes, I move the f*ck out of california. This place sucks anyway. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
When Sac Raceway closes, I move the f*ck out of california. This place sucks anyway. [Whoo Whooooo!]

Word

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwk,I just bought a house near Sac,if I can't race,I will go crazy [Mad]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The problem is where you guy's live in CA thats why it sucks. Just move North out of the Rat race. Life is tuff all over. I hope they keep Sac Raceway going. I hear the Same stuff about Redding Raceway. BTW if they close the tracks I will be racing back on the street again because I will not stop Drag racing.

[ March 30, 2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sux to hear all of this 'cause I'm just really gettin' started and I would rather run on the track than street, but lke 2stangs said, gotta run somewhere. [Frown]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The way i see it is that Sac is still much more rural than the immediate bay area and since the track has been there for so long and only since we are runnign out of room around here development in my eyes should at lest have to compromise in the situation [Roll Eyes]

Why not have a sound limit on certain nights if they do end up putting homes near by.

I know they run jet cars, alcohol, and nitro cars out there and they make tons of noise but at least for those of us that want to head up for fun can still do it legally.

It's a shame this state doesn't embrace automobiles like other states [Mad]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Liberal-ass California. Man, most of our politicians from Cali would have us drivin' electric cars or just plain walkin' if they had anything to do with it [Roll Eyes] ...sorry to mention politics, but.... [Mad]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
Liberal-ass California. Man, most of our politicians from Cali would have us drivin' electric cars or just plain walkin' if they had anything to do with it [Roll Eyes] ...sorry to mention politics, but.... [Mad]

hey I resent that

oh wait, I hate electric cars, hate walking, and would like to legally race, opposed to having to streetrace [BS flag]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been going to that track since I was knee high to a grasshopper early on as a spectator and later some racing. I could hear when the big cars came to town from my neighborhood when I was growing up. There were always rumors about it closing but with all the development and el jefe's comments it seems it will be sooner than later. It will be sad to see it go.
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

hey I resent that

oh wait, I hate electric cars, hate walking, and would like to legally race, opposed to having to streetrace [BS flag]

I apologize for the generalization, and hte liberal thing. A bit outta line, I just know a few self-proclaimed "tree-huggers" who are actually good friend of mine, bless their hearts, and they hate my car, auto racing, all of it..struck a nerve..sorry, bro if it offended ya [Embarrassed] [patriot]

[ March 30, 2005, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

hey I resent that

I apologize for the generalization, and hte liberal thing. A bit outta line, I just know a few self-proclaimed "tree-huggers" who are actually good friend of mine, bless their hearts, and they hate my car, auto racing, all of it..struck a nerve..sorry, bro if it offended ya [Embarrassed] [patriot]
lol [Big Grin]

dude it was a joke, I am defiently not a liberal [Big Grin]

pm sent back, it was a total joke reply [dance]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Awight, I'll try not to be so damn sensitive [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope it doesnt close

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't forget about the worst part, insurance. It is driving lots of places like Sac Raceway out of bus.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

trust me, dave sr. will pay for the insurance as long as we can stay open. it will be the developers and if he actually turns down all the offers, it WILL be closed due to complaints.
if sr. doesnt take an offer we've got maybe 5 years, but i don't see it lasting that long.

--------------------

Charged '89
¯
Member # 5520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charged '89  Ford pictures for Charged '89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the tracks open, for us and the next generations to come!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Blown '89 LX

Posts: 39 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
talaposa
¯
Member # 2460

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for talaposa  Ford pictures for talaposa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Electric car or no if they move in closer to the track they will eventually close it down. I'm not opposed to electric cars...bet with a little time and knowledge we could get one vucanizing the asphalt.
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Orko
Member # 5541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orko  Ford pictures for Orko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If He does sell please sugest creation of a new one closer to the Bay Area :-P

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com