Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » is my car running as hard as it should be?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: is my car running as hard as it should be?
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I took my car to the track a couple of months ago, and I was just looking at some of the timeslips.... my best was a

I1 2.09
I2 5.95
I3 9.15
MPH(I3) 78.19
I4 11.88
E.T. 14.19
MPH 98.45

my car is a 1990' lx coupe 5 speed. my mods are: 3.73's, cold air, underdrive pullies, bbk shorty headers. so I was wondering, am I about where I should be [Confused]

Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT.... I HAVE A 88GT WITH 160.000K MILES AND IT RAN A 14.4 @97.2 MPH
the 60 ft on mine was 2.24 and i got the same mods. mine might be a lil heaver car being a GT and i still had the 2 12s in the back. what track did u run it at?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT.... I HAVE A 88GT WITH 160.000K MILES AND IT RAN A 14.4 @97.2 MPH
the 60 ft on mine was 2.24 and i got the same mods. mine might be a lil heaver car being a GT and i still had the 2 12s in the back. what track did u run it at?

Sac
muscle man
¯
Member # 4877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for muscle man  Ford pictures for muscle man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you expect master? install a little throttle in a bottle
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends,

Sticky tires and launch off the rev limiter and you can go low 13's. For stret tires and milder driving it looks OK, should be able to hit 13's w/ a better 60ft and powershifting.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Depends,

Sticky tires and launch off the rev limiter and you can go low 13's. For stret tires and milder driving it looks OK, should be able to hit 13's w/ a better 60ft and powershifting.

yeah, the runs were made on street tires, I was thinking there might be a high 13 in the car, if I powershifted it.. next time out I will give it a try
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Times on street tires look dead on Thomas [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com