Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Short Belt and weight loss -------->New Best ET

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Short Belt and weight loss -------->New Best ET
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Today was a good day...

I was able to pull a handful of 12.3/12.4s but the last run of the day was the best:

TRIXSNK was on the right and I was on the left:
 -

I used a short belt, bypassing the smog, ac and p/s pump today which seemed to help. Plus I also remove my front sway bar and misc stuff from the inside of my car...I can't wait for 11s. [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

Wildthang also got a new best today...I'll let him tell you. [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah man your car looked like it was pullin pretty damn hard. i didnt see the 12.1 pass cause i left but i saw the 12.3's.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you...I was pretty surprised by it. My car is strange. Either the first or last pass are usually the best for me, even if the last one is a hot lap [Confused] .

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn [Mad] why couldn't i have at least run my best today(12.81) if it was going to be your best and posted for all to see..... [Razz]

Damn F1's [burnout]

I seriously need some DR's or ET streets!!!!

*I'm kinda pissed they didn't have the mph in the rt for a lot of the runs [Roll Eyes] but oh well.....

I'll have pics posted by tomorrow morning guys!

All-in-all had a fun day nice to meet more of the members [patriot]

edit: Congrats to Wildthang on his best!

[ January 15, 2005, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Yeah it was definately a fun time out...It's always good to meet fellow stangers.

Too bad the jr. drag kids were there. We would have gotten in a lot more runs.

Definately get some sticky tires. You'll notice a BIG difference... [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i saw that run and knew it was your best, congrats!

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twstd5o:
Today was a good day...

Wildthang also got a new best today...I'll let him tell you. [patriot]

Ya, I got into the 11 second club, barely at an 11.99 with a 1.87 60'. [burnout]

It was kinda like this, but Tony forgot to Smile!
 -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks ElJefe...

Man Glen, I didn't know you were that creative; DAMN YOU.LOL

--------------------

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW Good Job Tony, I wish I had your 60 foots. I told you, you should have worn the Speedo [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by white1990stang:
yeah man your car looked like it was pullin pretty damn hard. i didnt see the 12.1 pass cause i left but i saw the 12.3's.

Were you running your car? Also, I noticed in your profile you play ball. Where do you play at? I play quite a bit in Martinez, Concord, Pinole, Antioch, WC, PH, etc.

Hey Patrick, Nice meeting you and thanks for the props [patriot]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twstd5o:
Thanks ElJefe...

Man Glen, I didn't know you were that creative; DAMN YOU.LOL

Ya, I better talk while I can before you put the SQUEEZE on me [Wink]

Not to bad for a guy with a "CUTE HOOD" huh [Confused]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
BTW Good Job Tony, I wish I had your 60 foots. I told you, you should have worn the Speedo

I know, I could have been better by 1/100th if I did. By the way, how much weight did you shave off after the bikini and back hair waxing??? [Big Grin]

[ January 16, 2005, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: twstd5o ]

--------------------

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Enough to get into the 11s [Big Grin]
 -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Is it just me or does that picture make you feel itchy???

--------------------

Perry
¯
Member # 1846

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perry  Ford pictures for Perry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Twisted & Glen,

It was nice to meet you guys in person!!

Both of your cars are sweet!!

Next time I meet you Ihope to have mine back together & running!!

Later,

Perry

--------------------
2000 GT with a few mods!!

F ierce
O nery
R edneck
D river

Posts: 110 | From: Winnsboro, TX via Turlock Ca | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a good thing they don't have highback cloth seats like at the movies, he might get stuck. A plane ride sitting between those two would be fun.

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Perry:
Hey Twisted & Glen,

It was nice to meet you guys in person!!

Later,

Perry

Ya, same to you Perry. We'll look for you in the future.

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
twstd50, what is your motor setup?

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Nice meeting you too Perry...Look forward to seeing you at the track once your car is fixed.

Jay-I have a 331 stroker with the following:

TW heads, xe274hr, TFS track heat intake, and all the other usually bolt ons... [Wink]

Coupe
¯
Member # 3001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coupe  Ford pictures for Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Twstd50 I have to say your car always surprises me [worship] Congrats on your best time.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Twstd50 I have to say your car always surprises me Congrats on your best time.
Thank you...it surprised me too. [patriot]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congads to everyone who got new bests!

Wish I could have been there. [Frown]

I'm just hoping the weather is good enough to race next week. [Cool]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Tony [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Twisted, I saw your Stang run as well. Sucker runs hard and hooks nice. How much rwtq you layning down with the set up? What converter? PI Stallion?

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thank you...

quote:
How much rwtq you layning down with the set up? What converter? PI Stallion?

I've got about 320 foot pounds to the wheels. Well that's what the dyno says anyways. [Big Grin]

I've got a PI Stallion that stalls at about 4200.

I'm surprised it launches as good as it does with the stock suspension with the exception of Eibach sport springs. I don't even have sub frames on there yet. [patriot]

--------------------

z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on man! Congrats on the new best time.

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com