Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Infineon VS. Sactown

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Infineon VS. Sactown
mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never been to the Sac track but I'd like to know the big differences between the two.
Infineon seems like a very nice track, in good shape, easy to get to, and cost is resonable. Plus they have to keep it up because of all the other big events that are held there.
But it seems everyone always talks as if it's second rate compared to Sacto.
So what's the deal.
Let me know!!!!!
Oh and I'm going to Infineon on the 11th and 18th of Aug.

--------------------
99 GT ragtop, Flows, True Flow drop in and 3.73's
1985 Caprice Classic Very Tired 305

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is always a huge headwind at Infineon. Also all the ricers go through the waterbox and mess up the traction for everyone else. In general, Sac raceway seems to be better prepped and everyone I know has run better times there than Sears Point including myself.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are two different tracks. I have seen just as many people bitch about the track prep at Sac as Sears. In the end, you just need to know how to drive the car differently at each track. I prefer Sears.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] 4 sac but now is not the season to go sac it is too damn hot up there especially if u drive from the bay area. I would wait till summer is over with and sac's temp drops down to 70's. And some people get lucky at infineon I don't know how the hell but they just do. If you do go to sac go like 4 hours b 4 the place opens 2 to get there well actually its 1 1/2 and the rest of the time have a bunch of ice packs chillin on your manifold they are sold at the chevron.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When does Sac close for the winter?

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac doesn't close the winter...the TnT sessions just change to Saturdays 10 - 3pm... [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Do they still have Wed night drags for the winter or just TNT?

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com