Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Went to Sac Drag Strip W/NX 100 shot and ET Streets--- Outcome...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Went to Sac Drag Strip W/NX 100 shot and ET Streets--- Outcome...
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I went to the Sacramento Drag Strip last night (6-16-04) and I took my 01 GT with me. My mods are: Flowtech O/R X-Pipe going to stock mufflers ( I LOVE the sound this makes but it's a lil bit Too quite, but I like it.), K&N Air Filter, Steeda Underdrive pulleys, Steeda Timing Adjuster, C&L Intake tube, Accufab 70MM TB, C&L Plenum, NX 100 shot, 26x10.5 ET Streets. I also disconnected the front sway bar. Stock rearend, stock clutch, stock tranny, stock shifter.

The slicks were Hooking really good. I had the pressure at 12psi. The first time I launched I launched at 4000rpms, It Hooked really good but it bogged really bad. So the next time I tried it from 4500, still bogged. Thats as high as I went, the night was going good so I didnt want to press my luck. I got videos of all of my runs ( BIG THANKS TO MIKE D. THE CAMERA MAN!)
It was also 100* out side!!!!!

First run: Off the bottle.

14.056@100.234

Second Run: 0ff the bottle.

14.3@99.106

Third Run: Off the bottle.

13.780@101.154

Fourth Run: ON the Bottle.

13.184@102.883- wasnt ready to shift to 4th and missed it, coasted through the traps....

Fifth Run: ON the Bottle.

13.053@107.942

Sixth Run: ON the Bottle.

13.098@107.769

Seventh Run: ON the Bottle. This was the final round. I was going up against a FREAKIN STATION WAGON. He was dialed in at 17.80.

13.199@106.702 got beat by .085

I didnt have as much Bottle pressure on the last run, could that result in .2 of a second? I dont understand what happened on the last run. But I ended up getting a runner-up trophy so i'm happy. Nothing broke, so I am really happy.
Congrats, to Justin in his pretty much stock Dodge Dakota/RT ran a best of 15.1 W/a 2.1 60ft.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT, Bolt on's...

Posts: 160 | From: Copper, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cut your 60 down a tad and throw some aftermarket mufflers on and hopefully you will break into the 12's [Wink] , good numbers though

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am telling you.. You need to launch at 5500..
You made some good times. They screwed me and mopped the line right after you went and I could not even come close to getting any traction. Oh well. Still ran a 13.1.. Can't complain..

Eric

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car has more MPH not sure what your problem was, but if you can keep up with me at the street races I am sure your car has 110+ in it. [Confused] I told you to launch high [Mad] , use that warrantee damit. [Eek!] Also if you are not willing to use the tires put more air in them so you won't bog. [Roll Eyes] The good new is that you will only get better. I guess the surprise attack is off now. I am sure Ed and Jason will be reading this. Also Jason will be willing to race you this weeded if you want to practice some more. [Big Grin]

BTW: Ed and Jay, Justin and Nelson set this up them selves and I didn't even know about it. Secret man everyone has secrets. [Wink]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gears
eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAAAAAYYYYUUUMMMM!!!!!!

Finally manned up huh ? Thats ok I am out of state and have some secrets myself for when I come home .So we will have to see if Justin can bring enough or not

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yea and justin whats up with those 60 foots I thought my 1.9's were bad .Oh and Don it's cool I didn't think you had anything to do with it ,even though you are the biggest instigator I know .Now we just have to wait for efren's car and we will have everybody back on the street

--------------------
You might be bigger than me ,but I aint afraid to run from you .

99 Gt

Red98
Member # 4625

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red98  Ford pictures for Red98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BuffMUSTANG:
[QB]

Seventh Run: ON the Bottle. This was the fin
I didnt have as much Bottle pressure on the last run, could that result in .2 of a second? I dont understand what happened on the last run.

This months Hot Rod has article on nitrous on crate engine with 650hp. Using a 10# bottle they got 225hp of nitrous. But when only 5 lbs left, it still heated to 900psi but lost almost all 225 hp from nitrous.

Seems there is a residual amount before the 900psi pressure will move nitrous. Or something like that. I've felt same with full psi, but not much power per seat of pants.

When I bleed the bottle before taking in to refill (won't top off), a lot of something comes out. My second bottle is now 15#.

So yeh, I think low nitrous can easily cause loss of .2 ET.

Anyone else same experience?

badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PeNiNsula302:
gears

i agree, if you out some 3.73 s or wont drive on the freeway much go with some 4.10s. this will make a world of a diifferance,,,,add a lil bit more psi on those tires and launch at 5k rpms. also get some good mufflers like magnaflow or bassani good stuff man!! yer almost there!! i see a mid 12 sec if not low 12 sec time slip in the future. you have a warranty, just make sure and take the nitrous and slicks stuff away so thier is no ?s, and tell them it just fucked up on you(not at the track) i have a buddy that has 2 new motors and 3 trannies....lol so dont be scared and have fun!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your 60 foot times need work. Once you learn to launch the car all of your times will improve!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

oh yeah I forgot to tell you Justin ..........

IT WON'T SAVE YOU [Eek!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout] [dance]

--------------------
You might be bigger than me ,but I aint afraid to run from you .

99 Gt

BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its alright eddie... We all have our own secrets... You never know i might have a couple more secrets that no one knows about still... we will have to see... But i know for a fact that you got some slicks, you will be going with the 125's and you probably got a couple more bolt on's... i'ts ok, we all know i can out-drive you... i'm jk.. congrats of whatever your secret is... we will see...

--------------------

BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

OH yea, Go here: http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/sacwednite.htm and go to the bottom of the page and look in the Street Machine 2 category....

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com