Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best for the Z71

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best for the Z71
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was nice seeing some of you out there yesterday. I had thought I'd see more of you than I did but then again I stayed in the stands most of the day baking my ass off. LOL

Anyway, when the event ended and they stopped hating on GMs they finally let me bring my truck in for grudge. I wanted to get a couple passes in with the new cam before I swap it all out for the turbo next week and was happy with the results.

60' 2.044
ET: 14.29
MPH: 96.8

I had a couple bad passes where the thing wouldn't rev over 3k rpm and I just coasted to an 18-20sec pass [Roll Eyes]

But it was fun beating the Aniversary LT1 T/A and making my buddy nervous enough to get a shitty 60' in his LT1 T/A so I could make it look like I was gonna beat him till after half track Hahaha

Fear the 4x4!!! Well, not really, at least till it's boosted.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the time. I can't wait to see what it does with the new setup.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i saw it running, its funny that u were faster than 1/2 the cars there

u have a little whine coming from the hood, i didnt know it was you at first and thought someone actually had a charger on a truck, then realized it was you and know i have no idea what it was

shortbelt, some ice, and some luck and it has a 13.9 in it [Big Grin] , well that is before u bolt on a hairdryer

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u might have seen this already but damn
03 chevy ur color with a t76

right click save as
http://www.neufamily.org/fastesttruck.wmv

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thx guys [Smile]

Yeah, I don't know where the hell the whine came from. I started right after the bigger cam install so maybe it is just air whistling past the cracked open TB blade? I've had a lot of people ask me if it was blown, especially when they hear the cam and see the trucks lopey idle like and old school muscle car. LOL

I thought about trying to do some lil tricks to get it to run a 13 N/A as i would be the only 5.3L 4x4 that I know of to do so on the stock motor but screw it. 13s still ain't fast when it really comes down to it. Besides, my Turbo will be here this week and I'll drop it off at the shop to start the transformation this weekend [Cool]

We're changing the cam out to a 226/220-.591/.554-116 43lb injectors (which I bet i max out) and an Alky injection kit.

Ohh the video is of Parish8's truck. He posts on LS1Tech.com's truck section where I spend alot of my time now. That thing is plain stupid LOL

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

with the 43 pound injectors u can make around 600 flywheel hp with the turbo

should be able to make around 450-500rwhp in the truck, that would be bad ass

11's [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that would be a sick daily driver [burnout]

I think my `97 sierra would run 16's if it was lucky, haha [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW! HOLLY $HIT! thats a fast pickup truck! Im begining to lose my brand loyalness. When you put that turbo on there could you please provide a curtousy headlight flash while tooling down the fwy so me and mine , can pull over quick enough [Wink]
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man talking about a 4x4 tree puller!!!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the turbo setup you are going to(Turbo Size)? It will take a nice size turbo to get 600hp(T76). Are you going to keep the stock shortblock?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh ya. Did you see the early modle lightning with the 598ci motor and 94mm turbo that was at the Ford event? That turck was a moster(140mph).

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Man I missed the Lightning. I only saw a couple 93' red ones and what I assume may hav ebeen your 99'?

The turbo kit I bought is the STS rear mount turbo kit. I upgraded to a GT35 turbo which should be good for 600hp or 500-540rwhp. I am gonna use the stock short block for now and see how well she holds up. When it goes I'll just get a 6.0L block for cheap and up the boost with better pistons,rod bolts and more fuel [Smile]

I'm waiting on some info right now but a tuner in Texas just got 514rwhp, 586rwtq out of a stock 5.3L truck like mine on 15psi and the Meth kit! [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Sounds Cool. One of those stock apearing 93s had the turbo motor.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a few of those stock apearing 93 Lightnings had turbos and blowers. F8LPONY you will have your hands full with the trucks before you get to the cars LOL . I raced the big block turbo lightning in my last race and he went 10.98

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
It was nice seeing some of you out there yesterday. I had thought I'd see more of you than I did but then again I stayed in the stands most of the day baking my ass off. LOL

Anyway, when the event ended and they stopped hating on GMs they finally let me bring my truck in for grudge. I wanted to get a couple passes in with the new cam before I swap it all out for the turbo next week and was happy with the results.

60' 2.044
ET: 14.29
MPH: 96.8

I had a couple bad passes where the thing wouldn't rev over 3k rpm and I just coasted to an 18-20sec pass [Roll Eyes]

But it was fun beating the Aniversary LT1 T/A and making my buddy nervous enough to get a shitty 60' in his LT1 T/A so I could make it look like I was gonna beat him till after half track Hahaha

Fear the 4x4!!! Well, not really, at least till it's boosted.

It doesn't matter what happens, you will never leave well enough alone [Wink] [Razz]

Truck is running hard Justin, can't wait to see it with some boostola [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My truck will never look as good as yours bro so I just have to be happy with making it fast. LOL

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don:
Oh ya. Did you see the early modle lightning with the 598ci motor and 94mm turbo that was at the Ford event? That turck was a moster(140mph).

Big Block and a Big turbo. Is it me or does it seem like that truck should have went faster?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am pretty sure he was just getting used to everything. Give it a little time and that thing should fly.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com