Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 1st time out last night

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1st time out last night
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with the new car and as soon as i get it off the trailer the battery gooes dead so it going pretty good now i get that ill taken care of go pass tech.it is my first run with tha car so ii was going to take it easy and as soon as i left from the line at my idle which is 1200 rpms the dahm rear end is walking all over the place thanks to a broken rear double adj.upper control arm.hope to get everything all fixed by sat
sorry fo this being so long just needed to vent wait so long to drive it and it breaks [Mad]

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know you were feeling down all night, waiting to finally run and right off the line the control arm breaks. We were all laughing because he stayed in it the whole time. His car was all over the track from launch.

At least you didn't blow your engine and oil down the track like that damn slow turbo/nitrous CRX that clean up took over an hour on [Mad]

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha that crx was slower than my motorswapped crx, and it was turbod and had nitrous [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what did the car end up running?

I'm guessing you were racing on ET Streets?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
So what did the car end up running?

I'm guessing you were racing on ET Streets?

no i was on drag radials and it was like 17 only got off the line then snap coasted the rest of the way but it will be fixed by sat and i will be running hard again.some said the left front tire lifted and i launched at 1500 and only half throttled it.we will see what it has on sat
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
17.48 @ 64.xxx I went to get the time slip just for memories of Joe's first pass. [worship]

Saturday he should be ready to play were going to get the slicks mounted up today as the drag radials are done. The inner left rear tire got ate up pretty bad.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com