Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » what's up with sac's rules?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what's up with sac's rules?
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you really have to have a 12 second and slower car to race on wednesday nights??? $45 for saturdays??

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes sir! And street cars are limited to 3 runs on saturdays [BS flag]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3 run for 45 bucks on Saturday? ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDIN ME?!?! [Mad]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
last time I went, that rule was not enforced....but I've been told be a few sources, including one from this site, that the rule is now being enforced.

Kinda shitty. Makes you ask where the fast street cars are supposed to run? Guess I'll just try to never run an 11.99 [Roll Eyes]

[ March 25, 2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: the50ho ]

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

you know what sucks...I WILL NOT go on wed nights. I used to go wed nights, and friday nights (when they were still fri nights) when I was 16-18 years old....tons of fun, but the rice just got rediculous...wait in line for over and hour between runs. Listen to the bullshit 18 sec cars wing by you all night, and slip all down the horribly prepped track. I'm DONE with wed nights.

I never minded paying the $45 bucks when I knew I was getting a shit pot of runs, but if they are going to limit me and my friends to 3 runs....they can see my $45 stay in my pocket.

[ March 25, 2004, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: the50ho ]

--------------------

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck this shit. street racing is going to come way back up now [burnout]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
HYFLOHDS
¯
Member # 4198

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HYFLOHDS  Ford pictures for HYFLOHDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraman_1994:
fuck this shit. street racing is going to come way back up now [burnout]

change the gears back to stock and run it on the highway. lets all go for top speed. I280 is a nice top speed run.

--------------------
Hyperflow Motorsport
Flow testing & PortingService
Authorize Superflow SF-600 Test Garage.
friscospeed@gmail.com
415-756-5717 DM only

Posts: 308 | From: san francisco | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by vpr_klr:
Do you really have to have a 12 second and slower car to race on wednesday nights??? $45 for saturdays??

So if you dip below 11.99 then they ask you to leave on wed nights [Confused]

I know this has been discussed on another thread but....you only get 3 passes on T-N-T sat's (if you run radials??)

This is sounding shittier and shittier now what?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went this past saturday and got 6 runs in i think thats pretty good

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6GT:

6 runs is good....3 would suck though! [Frown]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6GT:

6 runs is good....3 would suck though! [Frown]
Amen to that [patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you actually look at the rule man, it says that street cars "May" be limited to 3 runs... doesn't mean that you are going to only get 3 runs, but it could happen.

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure I have posted this before, but the staff at Sac Raceway added the 11.99 or slower/no full out racing slicks rules to try and discourage the the people who are constantly bringing there unmuffled trailor queens to the track to race on wed nights.

With the homes that are being built closer and closer to the track the noise is becoming more and more of a problem. I see alot of you complaining about the 11.99 rule, but as far as I can see, most of you don't even have cars running close to that time, so don't worry about it. IF your car is capable of running in the 11's, it most likely wont be able to do it on a unprepped track like on wed nights anyway.

Now, for the 3 runs at TNT thing. That is more of a warning than anything else. TNT is totally hit and miss. If you happen to be there when there aren't many cars you can really just hot lap all night if you want, but if there are lots of trailored cars out when you go, they will get to run while you wait.

And lastly, I have head rumors of a "import only" street legal drags starting next year. This would mean that the rice will be running on Thursdays nights. Lets keep our fingers crossed that this happens. [Big Grin]

So everone can quit freaking out. The track hasn't changed much, just don't bring your loud ass street car to the track on wed and don't come to TNT expecting to get a bunch of runs EVERY time you come out. [patriot]

See you all at the track [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RO2USH:
If you actually look at the rule man, it says that street cars "May" be limited to 3 runs... doesn't mean that you are going to only get 3 runs, but it could happen.

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i emailed sac raceway about the rule of three runs on weekends for "street" cars they said that would basically really only hold on real busy days like days before big events. this was like a month ago though that they told me this.

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, with my car, I plan to go 10's. I was on the vurge of 11's before the blower and new motor. I will drive it to the track(on drag radials) and then switch to et drags. Does this make my car not a street car? Meaning, will i be limited 'cuz I didn't come on a trailor or do I really have to come on a trailor to race all day? Weds. at sears point has been a bust because of all the oil downs [Frown]

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I'm sure I have posted this before, but the staff at Sac Raceway added the 11.99 or slower/no full out racing slicks rules to try and discourage the the people who are constantly bringing there unmuffled trailor queens to the track to race on wed nights.

With the homes that are being built closer and closer to the track the noise is becoming more and more of a problem. I see alot of you complaining about the 11.99 rule, but as far as I can see, most of you don't even have cars running close to that time, so don't worry about it. IF your car is capable of running in the 11's, it most likely wont be able to do it on a unprepped track like on wed nights anyway.

Now, for the 3 runs at TNT thing. That is more of a warning than anything else. TNT is totally hit and miss. If you happen to be there when there aren't many cars you can really just hot lap all night if you want, but if there are lots of trailored cars out when you go, they will get to run while you wait.

And lastly, I have head rumors of a "import only" street legal drags starting next year. This would mean that the rice will be running on Thursdays nights. Lets keep our fingers crossed that this happens. [Big Grin]

So everone can quit freaking out. The track hasn't changed much, just don't bring your loud ass street car to the track on wed and don't come to TNT expecting to get a bunch of runs EVERY time you come out. [patriot]

Thank you very much for the clarification. [Smile]

Common sense told me that this would only apply on busy nights and t-n-t's but good to hear it from someone that frequents the track more often than I.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Blowfish
¯
Member # 4043

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Blowfish  Ford pictures for Blowfish    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Running the ricers on thursday is a wonderful idea. Best one ive heard in a long time!!! It will be good for them too , not to have to watch a bunch of boreing 12 second 450 horsepower cars all night. 2 thumbs up!!

--------------------
All throttle...No bottle

Posts: 38 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

Very well put. [patriot]
TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So can I run slicks with my 13's second muffler beast?
Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Blowfish
¯
Member # 4043

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blowfish  Ford pictures for Blowfish    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope Infineon raceway is reading this [worship]

--------------------
All throttle...No bottle

Posts: 38 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Blowfish:
I hope Infineon raceway is reading this [worship]

[Confused]

headwinds? LOL...I'm confused

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com