Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Another big night at the Redding street drags and a Big crash

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Another big night at the Redding street drags and a Big crash
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We had another good turnout of cars. A mix of old muscle, new muscle and those damn ricers LOL. The evening started out good then around 9 or so a 8 sec capible Camaro crashed at the big end. He was only going 126 at the time in the low 10's. He had been pedeling the car the entire track then lost it. He left in a Ambulance(should be OK) and the car looked like a wadded up coors light can. bummer it was a beautifull car. They then limited you to only running in the 13's because the gaurd rail was damaged. The track was hooking good. I couldn't help my self and ran one out the back door on my last pass. 11.73 at 119. There is more in it pretty easily . I just don't know if the 160,000 mile short block will hold up. Plus a friend also video taped my car pulling the pony,s off the ground about 3 inches. Any how we are a rocking and rolling up here on the street drags hope to see a few of you soon.

[ March 21, 2004, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That things hauling pretty good now, good job. Im gonna take a drive up there soon for the hell of it and beat on my car. Im tentatively looking at 4/3, being as i have that day off. Hopefully some others can make the short drive as well.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks and let us know. The brain and I are the only 2 blue 5.0's in the pits. If a few people come up I will bring a BBQ and we will make a night of it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that sounds great! Ill keep you posted.
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
11.73 at 119.

[patriot]

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still want to go, as well. Kinda glad I didn't go last night.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

It would have been a bummer to come all the way up and get limited on what you could run. That doesn't happen very often. I hope the Camaro guy is OK his car was really messed up. Actualy what I am hearing is it wasn't even his car. It was a new car and the owner was having handling problems and wanted a liscened driver to race it. oops ther goes at least 60,000

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
It would have been a bummer to come all the way up and get limited on what you could run. That doesn't happen very often. I hope the Camaro guy is OK his car was really messed up. Actualy what I am hearing is it wasn't even his car. It was a new car and the owner was having handling problems and wanted a liscened driver to race it. oops ther goes at least 60,000

God damm thats sad [Frown]
Was there stuff he could salvage out of it?

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Not very much. Maybe the engine and tranny? the car looked like it went end over end. Did you see what Michael Waltrips car looked like at Daytona this year after his wreck? this looked worse.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That fucking sucks [Frown]

on a bright note good job with your new time [patriot]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
We had another good turnout of cars. A mix of old muscle, new muscle and those damn ricers LOL. The evening started out good then around 9 or so a 8 sec capible Camaro crashed at the big end. He was only going 126 at the time in the low 10's. He had been pedeling the car the entire track then lost it. He left in a Ambulance(should be OK) and the car looked like a wadded up coors light can. bummer it was a beautifull car. They then limited you to only running in the 13's because the gaurd rail was damaged. The track was hooking good. I couldn't help my self and ran one out the back door on my last pass. 11.73 at 119. There is more in it pretty easily . I just don't know if the 160,000 mile short block will hold up. Plus a friend also video taped my car pulling the pony,s off the ground about 3 inches. Any how we are a rocking and rolling up here on the street drags hope to see a few of you soon.

I was in AZ or i woulda been there. my boy Issac was out there in his droptop GT with a white cobra r hood and a roll bar. he went 12.80's with a shitty 2.0 60' time, just wonderin if you caught a glimpse of him. when's the next outing? i'd love to go back out there, haven't been there in about 4 years [Frown]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

I talked to him a little he wasn't very talkitive. I asked him what type of supercharger he had and he told me not a very good one. that was about it. Hope to see you up here. The Brain and I were the only Mustangs that ran into the 11's

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yah, he's a quiet one. he's also pissed at the way his car's runnin right now. 302 with h/c/i, gears, blower, and slicks and he could only get a 12.80 out of it. it has never run right since he swapped motors. if i get out there i probably won't be runnnin my shit yet due to swiss cheesed torque boxes and lack of control arms, hopefully brian will be able to hook me up with his metal guy to do some welding for me, then i'll be runnin. till then, i make a good spectator [Frown]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drew- if you go to redding one of these weekends ill cruise up with ya [patriot]
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
hopefully brian will be able to hook me up with his metal guy to do some welding for me

You've been talking to him yourself. 2stangs69-91 IS my metal guy !!! LOL

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by spegull03:
drew- if you go to redding one of these weekends ill cruise up with ya [patriot]

cool ryan, i'll let ya know.

sweet brian, i'll start the talkin then!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com