Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » CaliforniaFords.com VS Nor-Cal LS1/LT1 June 19th

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CaliforniaFords.com VS Nor-Cal LS1/LT1 June 19th
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here we go again....

Please people, don't ruin this post again. Take your personal matters to PM's.

As said in the last post which was locked, (not soon enough it seems)....

Nor-Cal LS1/LT1 vs CaliforniaFords.com

This years Nor-Cal LS1/LT1 Vs CaliforniaFords .com grudge race will take place on June 19th 2004 at Sacramento Raceway Park. It will take place durring one of the biggest heads up races of the year. The first annual Ford vs GM shoot out hosted by Nor-Cal LS1. The CaliforniaFords.com Vs Nor-Cal ls1 race will be the spotlight of the event . With over 150 race cars in attendance it will be one of the biggest racing events of the year.

The Rules :

There are no rules !!!!! Run what you brung heads up drag racing.

You will get 3 qualifying runs after you 3 runs we will be placed in ladders by the computer in the tower. Once you have made your 3 time runs you will not be allowed to run any more than 2 tenths quicker than you fastest time run ( i.e. no sand bagging)

The gates open at 8am Racing starts at 9am the cost will be $65 car and driver. The cost to come and watch $10

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another post made buy the Nor Cal Mods that should be read....

MysticZ28 wrote -

OK guys .. this is how the event is expected to be structured ...

NorCal is renting the track all day starting at 10 AM for time trials - gates open at 8AM ...

8 Elmination Classes with trophies and cash prizes - 2 brackets with a first round buy back, a truck class and 5 heads up classes ranging from stock/bolt on to all out outlaw ... and ...

A heads up CaFords vs Norcal top 25 ... same as last year except the ladder will be set from your time trial ... each club will decide thier top 25.

Limit to 150 cars ... everyone gets 2 time trials ... per class entry - you can enter multiple classes(additional entry fee) ... a grudge lane will be opened after the first round of elminations, so you can get as many runs in as we can fit ...

And at 5PM you can but into the regular track grudge race and keep going

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Just to clear things up.....

CaFords WILL be taking part in the Norcal LS1 Ford vs. Chevy Race.

No opinions are needed or wanted in any category other than the Cafords vs. Norcal part of this event. Every other class will be determined by Norcal LS1. They are paying big bucks for the track, they call the shots. We are INVITED, not HOSTING this event.

The Norcal Moderators are working on some sort of solution to the problem that has been brought up about certain cars not being NHRA legal. More will be post about that later.

The date of this evet, June 19th is all but set in stone. So put it on your calendars, so we can all come out and have a good time [patriot]

[ February 21, 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im in for sure, representing ford's finest

where do i sign up [Confused]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
im in for sure, representing ford's finest

where do i sign up [Confused]

As will I [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wallace you know if it's running I am in!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you half to sign up or is there a limit of how many cars they are going to let in is it first come first serve at 8am
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thx Drew [patriot]

As for sign-ups:

The Norcal vs Ford portion of the race: You will need to contact Sawson or Drew and let him know you are interested. They can handle it from there as they are choosing who will represent CaFords. [Smile]

For the main event I believe it is first come first serve type deal but I highly doubt we will turn anyone away unless we get over 200 cars and can't realistically finish the event. The Norcal commitee will figure out a hard cap for the main event and once we figure it out it will be posted up but at this point don't sweat it. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Drew, think you can help me figure out my N20 problem by then, Ill bring the beer again! [Big Grin]

With the new motor in and the tranny/stall work being done, i might be able to compete with some of the LS1's! [patriot]

[ February 22, 2004, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: 98StangPower ]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 98StangPower:
Hey Drew, think you can help me figure out my N20 problem by then, Ill bring the beer again! [Big Grin]

With the new motor in and the tranny/stall work being done, i might be able to compete with some of the LS1's! [patriot]

You still don't have that taken care of Ryan?

Yes, we will take care of it if you don't have it fixed by then.

[ February 22, 2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

There is now a sign up at the top of the Drag Racing Forum [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
June is going to be a good month. I'll have my new motor broken in and ready to play. Sign me up drew. I'll show you dyno sheets and mods of my car as soon as I get to Apex.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
we will be placed in ladders by the computer in the tower.

and my headache begins....now.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
12SEC'01WS6
¯
Member # 363

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12SEC'01WS6  Ford pictures for 12SEC'01WS6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
we will be placed in ladders by the computer in the tower.

and my headache begins....now.
Ya bitch because you are gonna be workin for me [Eek!]
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok im charging double then! [Razz]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well...last year i didn't make it on the list with a 14.1. but by the time this one comes around I hope I will make it on the list with low 12's to high 11's
Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com