Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac Raceway people, is this something new?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac Raceway people, is this something new?
Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/sacgrudgenews.htm

look in the blue area on the left. Street legal vehicles are being limited in the runs we get on Grudge Night/Test N Tune days?

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
Black, 5-speed, silver stripes
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!
EAD: 1 Dec 04

Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just seems like they are now stating the way it has been for years [Roll Eyes]

Its crap. We pay just as much as the trailor queens, but hey, what can you do? Its the price we pay to run on a good track.

If anything they should be more street car friendly seeing as we don't oil down the track every other run, (last saturday as an example).

[ January 19, 2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you were spectating, what would you rather see? A 15 sec. car or a 10 sec. car? Everyone should get the same amount of runs, but I'd wish they would change it to slicks or drag radials only. Regular tires fuck up the track. They rip up the rubber that we all hook on.

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just take off ur liscense plate and no longer street legal

u have an o/r pipe, thats not street leagal [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
u have an o/r pipe, thats not street leagal [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] I like this way of thinking

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
Black, 5-speed, silver stripes
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!
EAD: 1 Dec 04

Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think its a wonderful idea!!!!! [Razz]

If you have a street car, race it on the street. Leave us trailer queens alone!

--------------------
I like cars.

BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your kidding right?

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is unfortunate, but that's the way it is. The thing you have to pay attention to is the word "May" They are not going to gaurantee that you only get that many, but if there are a lot of trailer queens then you may not get more. Besides you guys know that if I know you and am pulling lanes, I hook you up!

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You sac boys should be so lucky! First off, Infineon has no test and tune. They have a curfue, and on Grudge night, there are over 300 cars, you only get 2 time runs(if you're lucky) and you wait about 1 hour between rounds due to over 125 ricers!!!

I for one am what you street boys call a trailer queen. I used to tow my 65 A/FX replica up from San Fran, and we liked waiting for all the street cars to run down the track. Gave us more time between rounds to tune. On test-n-tunes, it never mattered how many where there. More cars= more cool down time between passes.

Sac wont fall for the "remove your plates" gag. That old trick failed back in the 70's. it wont work now.

Just keep going, and supporting the track. otherwise it might become like Infineon... they dont care about drag racers there anymore.

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes, I Was joking. you cant tell?

--------------------
I like cars.

87mustang
¯
Member # 2496

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87mustang  Ford pictures for 87mustang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
say i bring my car up on a trailer and i take off the exast, im cool 2 run all day right???

--------------------
BEAT YA

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RO2USH:
It is unfortunate, but that's the way it is. The thing you have to pay attention to is the word "May" They are not going to gaurantee that you only get that many, but if there are a lot of trailer queens then you may not get more. Besides you guys know that if I know you and am pulling lanes, I hook you up!

Well I gotta meet you next time I go to the track to watch so when I get my roll bar and I'm legal for the track I can get some good runs in. [patriot]

I think there needs to be another track built in the area [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Amen to that Droptop... I think they need another track too. Sac is fine for grudge racing, but the facility blows for big events.

Infineon doesnt care about "bracket racers" anymore. They treat us like street racers, even if we run every week there. They cater to the "pro's" more than the weekend warrior. (By pro I mean, the NHRA divisional racers). They will let elecetronics cars run more time runs than the hobby racer.

Half-moon bay, Fremont, Baylands,... those were the good ol' days.

Sac has the best 60 ft times, but Infineon has better "lane" conditions.

maybe someone will fork out a few mil. to convert the old santa Rosa airport into a 1/4 mi stip, or even a 1/8 mi. strip would keep me happy, if it would run every weekend.

Too bad its a dying industry. Insurance companies and real estate prices have virtually killed the drag race genre on the west coast.

You ever seen those back-woods drag strips back east, or in the south? hell, they have trees hanging over the track!!! But at least they have a place to race, instead of on the street, killing people.(instead, they get killed on a country road-turned drag strip)

--------------------
94 black/black Mark VIII
97 LSC red/graphite Mark VIII
Vice President GGM8
Black Ice LSC

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony:

look in the blue area on the left. Street legal vehicles are being limited in the runs we get on Grudge Night/Test N Tune days?

thats good shit.im glad to hear this [worship]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulnAssMaro:
quote:

You're happy you are going to be limited or you hoping the fence huh??? what happen to "If its RACED on the STREET its a STREETCAR" ...LOL
I could see why they would do it. I know if I spent a shit load of money and time on a car that is built just for track use I would not want to sit around watching a bunch of slow ass cars.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
quote:
quote:

what happen to "If its RACED on the STREET its a STREETCAR" ...LOL

LOL, thats the same thing I was thinking [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my plates will be off so I will be a race car vrooooommmmmmmmmm [Big Grin]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Just seems like they are now stating the way it has been for years [Roll Eyes]

[worship]
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
quote:
quote:

You're happy you are going to be limited or you hoping the fence huh??? what happen to "If its RACED on the STREET its a STREETCAR" ...LOL
I could see why they would do it. I know if I spent a shit load of money and time on a car that is built just for track use I would not want to sit around watching a bunch of slow ass cars.

I was waiting for this........ [Big Grin] Partly the reason I posted what I did.

But the kewl thing is I wont be affected so I think its hilarious.... [Big Grin]

But seriously I think they are referring to the 350 radial tired bone stock cars that show up and fill 3-4 lanes from the front all the way to the pits.I do agree its gonna be fucked for the people who really have a badass car that hauls ass and want to test out their combo but wont get many passes because it falls into the it looks "stock" or becasue it has radials.Shit I have seen some full streetcars(you know what I mean)on radials go a shitload faster than some full slicked down racecars.

And as always If iTs RACED oN tHe STREET iTs A STREETCAR

[ January 29, 2004, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: HaulnAssMaro ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
xxDeaDDucKxx
Member # 4033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxDeaDDucKxx  Ford pictures for xxDeaDDucKxx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I've experienced Sac has never been real strict about their helmet rules...we've been told once out of the multiple times we've been there, and we just kept racing (mostly cause we didn't even have a helmet) and they didn't bother us.
Posts: 9 | From: Bay Area, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com