Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Results from Test n tune 1/3/04

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Results from Test n tune 1/3/04
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We took 3 cars to the track today. My bro in laws Blue 69 Chevlle ran a best of 12.11 at 112. The other car was an 94 LT1 Camaro with an untuned new 383 stroker. It was running 13.10's with the single exhaust and flowmaster. So he got fed up and cut the muffler off ....next pass 12.55 at 109. Last car was my old blk 01 auto GT I sold to my buddy. It ran great with a best of 13.69 at 101. This is with the factory h pipe and 245 street tires! All in all a great day.

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So yeah, brought the car to the track for it's first time, and my first time in 2 years.

Nothing special...first run, almost tagged the wall, in third [Eek!] ....15.6@102 spinning through 1,2, and literally sliding in 3rd and 4th.

Followed by a nothing spectactular, but better 13.8@104 2.17 60'...again nothing but spinning in 2nd, 3rd, and a bit in 4th

Next run brought me to the right lane with a 13.4@106 2.1 60' this being my best run for the day

.....MUCH better, and best run of my four runs for the day...but still little traction for a not so exciting et.

Last run was a 13.5@105 2.1 60'

I ran all these runs within about 10 minutes or so, and would have like to stay a bit lonbger, to a) try to get some traction, and b) get down track a bit faster.

All in all, 13.4@106....not too bad for my first time out...we'll see.....

Now if I could only get some bite...... [burnout]

[ January 03, 2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: the50ho ]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats to everyone on their new bests. Tons of pictures from today will be posted by Tuesday Night, so be sure to check back here for them in a few days [Cool]
fordlover
Member # 3866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fordlover  Ford pictures for fordlover    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The air was great and traction was not a problem for me, I boght z-ya's old car a 2001 gt auto with k&n, programmer, and 3:73's, the car ran a best of 14:1 when he owned it. I since have ported the stock maf removed the silincer and changed to full synthetic oil,and with marks advice at the track removed the passenger headlight and the car ran 13:69 at 101 man was i stoked anyways next comes the c&l throttle body and inlet tube and then a mangaflow offroad x. After that a stall converter and some slicks and i hope to be in the 12s
Posts: 7 | From: san andreas,ca | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was nice meeting all you guy's. Jack you should have stuck around longer the track got better later in the day.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice to meet you to Mark...I am trying to get the LT1 owner to break down and get that tune that is so desparatley needs...

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job guys.

Wish I could have been there

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com