Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac 11/22

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac 11/22
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whos going this saturday?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the weather is good I'm going to try and be tehre with my new setup

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm there
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Weather was ok last time i checked.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
[patriot]

What are you so smilie about?! [Razz]

--------------------
AED

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

the new motor should kick it up a notch, shit u can spin to 11's now
but that valve clearance is a little close, .008 [Eek!]
should be interesting to see what u can do with the motor in ur car with a good posi, the only time i saw u drive mikes car to was a 14.x when u backed out after 1/2 track at ford vs. chevy
that motor is bad, i just wouldnt suggest taking it to 7200 like mike did on the dyno [worship]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:
quote:

should be interesting to see what u can do with the motor in ur car with a good posi, the only time i saw u drive mikes car to was a 14.x when u backed out after 1/2 track at ford vs. chevy
that motor is bad, i just wouldnt suggest taking it to 7200 like mike did on the dyno [worship]

It has aleady kissed my stock rev limiter pretty good, so I know the valve train is good to 6250 [Wink] . The clearances came out to .064 instake and .088 exhaust. So yeah, they are VERY close..lol

Right now I have no type of tune other than base timing and fuel pressure and a stock T5 sitting behind that motor. So the weak nut 60ft times will continue and the MPH will fall from what it was in Mikes car.

I'm also running full bassain exhaust, (3 inch), and a bigger throttle body. I doubt I'll see any gains from that though.

--------------------
AED

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to come up and watch, but my tranny took a dump this afternoon, and unless I get a rental car, I won't have a car to take up. [Frown]

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

It has aleady kissed my stock rev limiter pretty good, so I know the valve train is good to 6250 [Wink] . The clearances came out to .064 instake and .088 exhaust. So yeah, they are VERY close..lol

Right now I have no type of tune other than base timing and fuel pressure and a stock T5 sitting behind that motor. So the weak nut 60ft times will continue and the MPH will fall from what it was in Mikes car.

I'm also running full bassain exhaust, (3 inch), and a bigger throttle body. I doubt I'll see any gains from that though.

yeah that t5 wont last long
onceu get a tranny, tune and other stuff do u think that a 10.999 could be in the future
damn mike must have been kinda buzzed on the phone last night, he told me valve clearance was .008, i thought that was super tight, .88 sounds a lot better, .06x, not so good
i wouldnt hot lap it to much and the redline it, that little extra heat expansion might not be good for the valvetrain alignment if u get my drift [Big Grin]
hope that motor works in ur car as well as it did in mikes

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I'm there

me too.
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
[patriot]

What are you so smilie about?! [Razz]
dreams of christmas present big blocks are in the air
[Big Grin]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE - Yeah, I'm about .020 shy of optimal valve P2V clearance, but as you can see, it worked for mike, so it should be fine. My guess is the lifters are bleeding down quite a bit in the high RPM's due to the nast valve springs. If thats the case, I guess I can live with a little lost power up top.

I don't know about a 10.999 from this setup. That is pushing the limit. It just goes down to what 60fts I can pull. Low 1.5's shouldn't be a problem, but I think it would take a high 1.4 to see that netx time frame [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I'm there

me too.
Rhett, are you going to be racing?

Maybe we can line up so you can lay the smack down on me [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

quote:

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com