Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Mach 1 drag times

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mach 1 drag times
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ran it a couple times at the track yesterday, running a 13.9, not knowing what my tire pressure was...found out it was at about 36psi cold...lowered that to 20psi, and ran a couple 13.7's and a 13.5. I guess I could have lowered it a little bit, and gone for more, but I wanted to drive home still. Should be able to get her down to lower 13's, with a little more work.

Eric

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were you on street tires? What mph? [Cool]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
Were you on street tires? What mph? [Cool]

Its in the sig [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oops...duh [Roll Eyes]

LOL [patriot]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good stuff Eric [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here comes the blower again, you starting over?
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I did all that stuff once...more expensive than it was worth, but at the time it was fun. This car will probably stay N/A with a little bit of the funny stuff down the road. I told myself when I bought it, I would only do things to it that I could take off in a day if I had to...at least until the warranty is out.

almost forgot, ran a 13.4 at 103, with a 2.1 60ft. If it can run that on a Wed, it should be good for a 13.0 with a 1.8 60ft on a friday!!!

[ October 14, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: RO2USH ]

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Eric, that's cool, you got another Mustang. I thought you were done when you got the Hummer & said you were selling the Roush. Whatever happenned to that car? I haven't been to the track in a few months, so I'm a little out of touch.

Later,

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

cobra status
¯
Member # 571

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra status  Ford pictures for cobra status    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you find yourself shifting through the traps w/ the 4.10's. How do you like the T-3650?

--------------------
2001 Mineral Grey Cobra Coupe

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by cobra status:
Do you find yourself shifting through the traps w/ the 4.10's. How do you like the T-3650?

The car is solid in 4th gear when going through the traps

--------------------
AED

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man no offence but those 60ft times suck

screw that take off in one day ish

buy a t-trim and a helmet and prepare to go low 11's and possible hi 10's [worship] with better lanches of course [Wink]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2.1 is pretty good for stock tires and wednesday night

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

supercharger is probably another 5 years away...not because of money, but because when I bought the car, they threw in the 5 year warranty so...ya know. I at least have to see if I keep the car longer than a year. So far my record for keeping a vehicle is 16 months, that was the ROUSH. A T trim would be a bit overkill don't you think? that dude back east was running 11's with DR's and an S trim at 6 psi on his MACH 1 in the Magazines. I will settle for mid to low 12's consistently. I can handle that. I definately don't want to put a cage in this car. Did that once, that was a biatch, and don't want to do it again, unless it's a full out race car.

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com