Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best for the 91PONY....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best for the 91PONY....
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Despite the poor air quality (it never cooled off and was humid...ugh), I finally got my 12.90 @109! And to illustrate the car's capabilities....the 'Drew-mod' took it to a 12.2 @111!!!!!!!!!!!!! [worship] [worship] I love ET streets!! [burnout]

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Outstanding! On your way to 11's.... [Eek!]
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car is still not tuned correctly. I'm having a hell of a time getting the A/F right with the Pro-M calibrator. There were numerous reports of 'flames' coming from the tailpipes during racing.
Drew managed a 12.5 at 110.5 on DR's with a 1.88 60ft.
On slicks his 60 dropped to 1.71 [Eek!]
My best of the night was 12.4 @110.4 with a 1.73 60ft.
ET streets are definately different! LOL
With a little more practice, some tuning, & good air I think this thing will squeek out an 11.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the new bests. 12.2 with 111 mph is some serious driving.

Why are you using the pro-m adjuster? I would never touch one of those things, let alone install it on a car. Remove it and adjust the base fuel pressure like everyone else.

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shaun or heater, what are the mods again

custom cam with huge lift
edelbrock heads are they ported
and a cobra intake, its gotta be ported
12.2, thats damn fast, u might be the first hatchback to be in the 11's, joe and john are in coupes, well unless jim gets there first [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:

12.2, thats damn fast, u might be the first hatchback to be in the 11's, joe and john are in coupes, well unless jim gets there first [Big Grin]

Don't forget about Mike Camara! He has a '90 GT and does 11's N/A. [worship] [Big Grin]

Shaun can give you the cam specs...as for the other mods, we swapped Cobra intake for the Edelbrock RPM. We also swapped the 65mm TB to an Accufab 70mm. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

Why are you using the pro-m adjuster? I would never touch one of those things, let alone install it on a car. Remove it and adjust the base fuel pressure like everyone else.

I agree with this 100%. I think that pro m unit is causing more problems than it is worth. Ditch that thing and bring it back to the track with some more timing [Wink]

[ September 20, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah..... That thing is definately a headache...but I think it's needed with that POS 75 bullet. I pulled off the calibrator & set base FP at 48 (where the E & X combos ran the best MPH) & Heather ran the car to 105mph. So I put the calibrator back on & started tuning again.
I've done a few more adjustments...to try to lean out the midrange just a little. But for now, we have no $$$ to put into this car....& it is just a little better then just setting base FP on this combo. We still need to get rid of the rev limiter....once I figure out which way to go on that I'll get the thing on a wideband & tune it.

Mods:
Edelbrock performer heads (1.90/1.60 valves)
Home ported exhaust runners & a little bowl work. No intake side port work.
Box-stock RPM
Accufab 70
BBK shorty headers
BBK off-road X (thank you Eric!)
Ultraflow catback
3.73 gears
24lb injectors
POS 75mm bullet
POS BBK cold-air
Comp 286H camshaft (230/230 110lsa 110.5icl .598/.598)
1.6 RR's
Lunati valvesprings shimmed to the moon
Raceweight ~3300lbs
Stock susspension save for Boxed SVO upper control arms & MM lowers

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NICE # 12.2 is very good. I used the optimzer to tune my car when i had the cobra motor. Just rember VERY small adjustments on the optimizer make LARGE diffrences on A/F. On the dyno I made 8 more hp with the optimizer than with a AFPR.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:

Don't forget about Mike Camara! He has a '90 GT and does 11's N/A. [worship] [Big Grin]

Shaun can give you the cam specs...as for the other mods, we swapped Cobra intake for the Edelbrock RPM. We also swapped the 65mm TB to an Accufab 70mm. [Smile]

camara has 347 im talkin about 302/306 motors, good numbers none the less
maybe some long tubes in the future and a little more porting [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
NICE # 12.2 is very good. I used the optimzer to tune my car when i had the cobra motor. Just rember VERY small adjustments on the optimizer make LARGE diffrences on A/F. On the dyno I made 8 more hp with the optimizer than with a AFPR.

I found that out the hard way. It seems as even a 10 unit adjustment does a LOT. That & I was gettin' on it at 3K on the street for tuning....then adjusting the high-side when I should have been adjusting the low side....I had no idea the low-side was idle to 4K & high side was over 4K. Learn something new everyday it seems. [Smile]

Missed you at the track last night. Must be gettin' busy for you again.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to give you a ides of the range you can go up something like 4 injector sizes with that thing (i think down one or two) [Eek!]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Just to give you a ides of the range you can go up something like 4 injector sizes with that thing (i think down one or two) [Eek!]

Damn! [Eek!]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great job guys!!! Do you think I will be able to "keep up" or what? [burnout]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:

Who? You? Nah [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
AED

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:

Who? You? Nah [Razz] [Wink]
Didn't think so [Big Grin]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A properly tuned S trim+ power pipe will put you around the 300 rwhp mark on pump gas. That'll put you right there with the h/i/c 302's around here..... and you're only more boost/octane/timing away from blowing them out of the water.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:

I found that out the hard way. It seems as even a 10 unit adjustment does a LOT. That & I was gettin' on it at 3K on the street for tuning....then adjusting the high-side when I should have been adjusting the low side....I had no idea the low-side was idle to 4K & high side was over 4K. Learn something new everyday it seems. [Smile]

Missed you at the track last night. Must be gettin' busy for you again.

Shaun, I have the Pro-M adjuster...When you adjust the high speed it changes the low speed settings...

When you increase the high speed settings it DE-creases the low speed settings and vise versa....

On the Dyno I could change from 12.0:1 to 13.0:1 with the smallest turn of the high side....

~Are you using a digital volt meter to tune it?....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
A properly tuned S trim+ power pipe will put you around the 300 rwhp mark on pump gas. That'll put you right there with the h/i/c 302's around here..... and you're only more boost/octane/timing away from blowing them out of the water.

slowhoe will be well over the 300 rwhp mark, and the "keep up" comments were jokes directed at a few of the race track "usuals" [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

slowhoe will be well over the 300 rwhp mark, and the "keep up" comments were jokes directed at a few of the race track "usuals" [Big Grin]
Thank you my good Friend Mr. Wallace for the reply on my behalf.

They are just smart ass comments Sawson, you'll hear about me maybe its nothing that hasn't been done before but you'll hear about it somehow [Big Grin] .

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn good numbers you got out of it

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
Damn good numbers you got out of it

There is more in it, (those times where hot laping it [Big Grin]

[ September 25, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com