Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » The OUTLAW is back!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The OUTLAW is back!!!
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
First off I would like to say that it felt like old times tonight at the track. I was surrounded by Norcal friends AND my old school homey Inlaw and Shauntel. Was really cool seeing Jay bust off a decent time only to return to the pits and have mobs of people surrounding his car checkin it out and askin about mods. I swear when I looked over there there were at least 20 people gawking at his shit. LOL

Anyway, for those of you lookin to dethrone the current Big Dawg I must tell you, you better make sure you eat your Wheaties or else the only throne you'll be sittin on is the porcelin kind after you crap your pants whatchin Brisson yank that left front tire so high it could easily clear a midget had one been standing there.

The current times to beat????

10.40@130MPH

He backed it up with a 10.44@131MPH

Both on meager 1.55 and 1.61 60's respectively.

I am copying this off my board cuz I just woke up and am too tired to rewrite it. I know some of you Mustang guys have nothing to fear. But the rest of ya'll better watch out [Wink]

[ September 18, 2003, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so norcals fastest LS1 is a stroked LT1? [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No it's not stroked even.... IT's just a little 355 with a 150 shot.....

6" h-beams and some 11.75:1 JE pistons.... some head work... hydraulic roller cam.... Standard stuff.....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congradulations Outlaw. The car looked and ran very well. It's nice seeing a car like that out on a wed night [patriot]

Good seeing you to Justin, its been a while bro [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks man. Yeah i figured i'd venture out on street car night so that my car wouldn't get caught up in the mountain of race cars out of test and tune night.....

Low 10 second street cars are cool but high 9 second ones are even better which is where I'm trying to get... [Smile]

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Mathers:
Thanks man. Yeah i figured i'd venture out on street car night so that my car wouldn't get caught up in the mountain of race cars out of test and tune night.....

Low 10 second street cars are cool but high 9 second ones are even better which is where I'm trying to get... [Smile]

Looks like you are some track prep and a jet swap away from getting there [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. The only person here that I think can be in striking range is TheBrain once he gets everything dialed in.... but even then you'll be hard to beat. On second though, TheBrain loves to be the underdog that some how pulls ahead [Big Grin]
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Drew, that Ford truck is SICK AS FUCK!!

Is it really yours? Man that thing looks good. I was embarrassed as hell with my lil stock rims/tires. Almost made me wanna go home and put the 33's back on just to look a lil better Hahaha

Good see you again bro, hopefully we can talk more next time [Smile]

[ September 18, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Congrats. The only person here that I think can be in striking range is TheBrain once he gets everything dialed in.... but even then you'll be hard to beat. On second though, TheBrain loves to be the underdog that some how pulls ahead [Big Grin]

Thanks Sawson, The only reason I was able to beat Whyt Lie was my .509 light [Eek!]
Since I am racing a 'vert. 10.99 is as fast as I am ever going to be.
Don't have ANY interest in putting a full cage in my daily driver. I am looking for a 4 cyl coupe for a commuter that will eventually get the 'verts's entire drivetrain after I stop commuting from Redding to Vallejo for work. Maybe then it will be light enough to hit some low 10's

Congrats on the time Outlaw Z, That is damn fast for a street car

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Excellent times. Looks like you picked up a full second since you left and it sounds like more to come. Must be nice to run down the hometown track again. Looking forward to seeing some passes in the future.
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Thanks guys. YEah the new motor is at least a full second faster than the old motor.... I ran 11.40 with the old motor and the 150 shot and then the 10.40 last night with this one... And with only 5 more cubic inches (350 vs 355) the motor is much more efficient.. I'm not really making any extra power with cubes, just alot better airflow thru the heads, more compression from the JE Forged slugs, a lot bigger cam although it's still hydraulic roller and some good old hot rodding ingenuity by ditching the T56 for a more race inclined TH400 with a t-brake.... The car ran 11's on motor even with the T56 but I didn't feel like paying 1000 bucks for a clutch to handle nitrous (Maybe) and having to replace it every season.. It didn't make sense when I could swap to a TH400 for 2000 dollars.....

THe car has more in it with more launch, some suspension tuning, finally getting around to put electronics on the car with a 6AL and a 2 step box... And I've got a full box of stuff over here waiting to go on the motor as I type...

Comp Cams double roller timing chain, CSI Electric water pump, Fluiddamper harmonic balancer, head studs, canton 8 quart drag pan, and a friend of mine is going to fix my swaybar so the car won't twist as much on the line.. Last night the left front was skyhigh but the driver's side stayed down.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice times

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Hey Drew, that Ford truck is SICK AS FUCK!!

Is it really yours? Man that thing looks good. I was embarrassed as hell with my lil stock rims/tires. Almost made me wanna go home and put the 33's back on just to look a lil better Hahaha

Good see you again bro, hopefully we can talk more next time [Smile]

Yeah man, the truck really is mine. I hadn't told anyone yet, just was going to show up at the next TNT with it as a suprise [Wink]

Catch ya later bro

--------------------
AED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com