Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Kinda far away, but anyone going to TnT on 8/22?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Kinda far away, but anyone going to TnT on 8/22?
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the title says...

I was gonna go today, but I figured it'd be full of ricers because of CMI on Saturday. This will be the first time running my car on my BFG DRs, so hopefully I'll cut a sub 2 second 60'er, and get into the 12s. I'll also be towing the car up because the 4.10s don' get the greatest gas mileage. Last time I drove up, and have to fill up on the way up, and on the way back and I started out with full tanks. [Frown]

I'll be there with a 331 blown SN95 and most likely, a 96 Cobra and a new Mach 1.

Anyone else planning on going?

If you see this car, say whats up. The car also has a Capital Automotive & Performance sticker on the back window, so you'll know its me.

-

[patriot]

[ August 08, 2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: The Nick ]

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you happen to be driving on 280 and 880 and exit Bascom tonight? If you did that was me that was next to you for a few minutes.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy crap on the mileage. I don't like the 3+ hour drive one-way to the track from the southbay on Friday's myself, but shoot it doesn't take my 3.73 geared car more than 1/2 a tank to make the 110 miles or so!

your car uses 15 gallons in less than 110 miles? ~7 mpg?

Even an EFI 460 should be able to do that!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
Did you happen to be driving on 280 and 880 and exit Bascom tonight? If you did that was me that was next to you for a few minutes.

It might have been me. My parents live off of Bascom, and I live off of the Alameda both less than 3 blocks from the freeway, so that is definitely the area I'm from. What time was this at? I went to the Valley Fair Safeway around 10:30 or 11ish. I didn't see you though.

And Shade-Tree, when I changed to the 4.10s, I didn't do the speedo tooth, so I don't know how many miles I go. I fill up when the trip meter reads at 12X miles, and that was with the 3.08s. I usually put about 10 to 11 gallons in. My gas guage doesn't work either, so I really have to guess at when I need to fill up. I definitely wouldn't be able to get up there on half a tank though. I think it has something to do with the fact that my car is speed density. The cam, heads, intake, injectors, etc... really cut down on my mileage.

[ August 09, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: The Nick ]

--------------------

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:

It might have been me. My parents live off of Bascom, and I live off of the Alameda both less than 3 blocks from the freeway, so that is definitely the area I'm from. What time was this at? I went to the Valley Fair Safeway around 10:30 or 11ish. I didn't see you though.

No offense, but do you have an awful sounding exhaust leak or something that makes your car sound a bit odd? It may not have been you, because I'm pretty sure this guy looked right at me a few times. Do you live near Mission City Cafe? I've seen a car like yours parked in a driveway down the street from there.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Nah, no major exhaust leaks. It sounds fine under load. And no, I don't live near Mission City Cafe. I live on the other side of 880. I live near the Alameda and Hedding, and my car is parked in a garage. Must not have been me. Weird though, that it is the same area. Oh well.

--------------------

Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be present, Mach 1's maiden voyage down the track [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
Black, 5-speed, silver stripes
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!
EAD: 1 Dec 04

Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Cool shit Matt. Can't wait to see how she runs. Anyone else going to be there?

--------------------

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there! [dance] [burnout]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be there, its been a while. ill try to drag the ho to the track too [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recieved a personal invitation to attend and was even invited to stick around for some festivities afterwards, but I'm not sure if I can attend...traffic is a pain on Fridays [burnout]
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Traffic is a pain, but me and a few others are leaving between 2 and 3 to beat some of the rush. See you guys there.

--------------------

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's thunderstormin' today....it might get cancelled.

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heather let me know how the weather is later today. I'm planning on racing tonight.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's already drying up.
Forecast says mostly sunny this afternoon with highs in the mid 80's.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Heather let me know how the weather is later today. I'm planning on racing tonight.

Cool! I'll give ya an eye-witness update later! [patriot]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rematch?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

LOL...sure why not?! [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

[patriot] [/QB]

Are those Mud Flaps?!?!?!?!(nice car, reminds me of one that once ran a long time ago) The Fifty LX

anyhow I will be there for a little while, I'll be the short round Mexican with the tall skinny white chick on his arm. You'll know its me, we stick out like a sore thumb [dance]

See you all out there!!!

Oh yeah Sawson don't be a sissy, you guys should match up pretty good, you both weight about 130 soaking wet!

[ August 22, 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe ]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 22, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:
anyhow I will be there for a little while, I'll be the short round Mexican with the tall skinny white chick on his arm. You'll know its me, we stick out like a sore thumb [dance]

She isn't that skinny [Razz]

Heh heh heh [Big Grin] [burnout] [/QB]

Are you still gona think that when I show her this thred? Cause you know she is gona kick your ass!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*Me runs and hides*

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Yeah, they are mudflaps, and they are gone. That pic was taken at a NASA AutoX at the Marina the second week I had the car. They have since been removed.

And as for the day.....

Me and my buddies(2 bikes, another car being trailered, and myself) got all the way to Davis before we got a call that it had been cancelled due to lightning striking the timing tower. Fuck man. I drove all the way to Davis to eat In and Out. [Mad]

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats weak!

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

It gets better. On the way home, the cooling system in my buddy's truck took a shit, and couldn't tow anything the whole way back. And thats not the kicker. One of the bikes that was riding up went down on his way to Napa after we left.

So yeah... pretty shitty day.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com