Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » now there's two (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: now there's two
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

major exhaust leak--- ask anybody there. Totally stinking up the place. Car seemed down on power but UP on hook.

this was a hot lap, FWIW, and I actually 'speed shifted' every gear, as in I lifted. Even going into 4th. lol.
edit: left lane

[ August 03, 2003, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: shade- ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! [Eek!] [worship]

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.5x 60 foot = good

Only ran 0.03 seconds slower than Jon's 11 second 5. Definately down on power or not shifting at the right RPM.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think in better air and when I get the exhaust leak fixed the 113/114 will come back. [Whoo Whooooo!]

it was muggy as hell tonight.

edit: 11 pm according to the weather station was 660' density altitude

22:53 66.20 °F / 19.0 °C 60.80 °F / 16.0 °C 83% 29.98 in / 1015.0 hPa

this was at Sac airport probably close enough. it started cooling off fast [Cool] lucky for me.

edit: my runs in order tonight:
12.57 @110.5 w/1.79 60'
12.085@112.779 w/1.626 60'
12.071@112.149 w/1.584 60'
12.135@111.724 w/1.603 60'
12.029@112.518 w/1.586 60'
11.951@112.501 w/1.588 60'

*doh* I pulled a little fuel after run #2, now looking at these numbers that wasn't a good idea. lol.

[ August 03, 2003, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: shade- ]

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the 12.02 but i missed the 11 second run. looks like very soon you will be the fastest. congrats [worship]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the 12.02 but i missed the 11 second run. looks like very soon you will be the fastest. congrats [worship]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats- Ya bum!
[patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.588 60ft!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, congrads Joe!

Maybe you will motivate some others, (who will remain nameless), on this board [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good job, Congrats.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
1.588 60ft!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, congrads Joe!

Maybe you will motivate some others, (who will remain nameless), on this board [Wink]

Find me a tranny cheap!!!!!!
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

nameless, who could that be???? [Confused]

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:

as far as I'm concerned, both of you! (Jim and you).

when my 113/114 mph comes back, you guys are toast [Whoo Whooooo!]

also: I was *still* bogging a little bit with the 1.5x's I was running. to anyone considering 26x10 ET Drags--- make sure you have enough power! I've got somewhere around 318 to the wheels and 3.73s gears and I had to leave around 5500, lol! still bogging (granted, not that badly) [Whoo Whooooo!]
but leaving at 5000 was bog city.

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

keep talking

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

lol

--------------------

turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw a few of your runs last night, congrats on breaking into the 11's! I was there helping a customer of mine adjust his drag-sway bar. He finally broke into the 11's also, with 1.53 60ft. I watched your car leave from the line a couple of times & the chasis was twisting toward the passenger side, which means you are unloading the driver's side tire (which hurts 60ft's). I think at the level you are at now you should consider a drag bar, I'm pretty confident you could pull consistent low to mid 1.50's 60ft's which would drop your ET considerably. This is what the guys in real street and drag radial are using, to pull high 1.4 and low 1.5 60ft's, but regardless of what the car was doing, great job of driving the car into the 11's, you have a fast Mustang! If you want to get rid of that bog at 5,000rpm's, you need to put a 2-step in the car, you could lower your launch rpm to 4,000 on the pill. Great job & hope to see you go even faster! [Wink]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5500 and bogging?! [Eek!]

WTH is up with that?

With my old setup, (probably a sub 300 RWHP combo), I would leave at about 4200 and not have a bog. Car went consistent mid 1.6's on ET Streets.

Dunno, just doen't make sense to me. What was your peak TQ number and where did it happen?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
quote:

as far as I'm concerned, both of you! (Jim and you).

when my 113/114 mph comes back, you guys are toast [Whoo Whooooo!]

also: I was *still* bogging a little bit with the 1.5x's I was running. to anyone considering 26x10 ET Drags--- make sure you have enough power! I've got somewhere around 318 to the wheels and 3.73s gears and I had to leave around 5500, lol! still bogging (granted, not that badly) [Whoo Whooooo!]
but leaving at 5000 was bog city.

put 4:10's in it [Wink]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

343 rwtq @ 3800, >300 rwtq from 2800 to 5500

I dunno. rpms DOVE which sounds like a bog to me. Granted, not a really bad bog that slows you down, but probably not an ideal hook.

thanks turbo302 [Wink]

chassis twist is cool. I was thinking of just coughing up the $40 for a passenger airbag. Wouldn't that help a bit too?

edit: Drew, try ET Drags sometime. Whole different ballgame. I could hook no problem (best 1.62 60') on my 26x10.5 ET Streets, leaving at only 4800 or so.

[ August 03, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: shade- ]

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] ET Drags [worship] [worship]
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

I have a air bag for sale if you need one

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
I have a air bag for sale if you need one

How much?
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chasis twisting may look cool, but it KILLS your 60ft, which will hurt your ET. [Confused] The air bag will help a little, but your 60ft's will still be inconsistent with the air bag. I'm pretty sure you want to keep going down the ET ladder (consistent 11's) there's no comparison to a drag-bar for a stock suspension Mustang. With the drag bar you'll be able to launch harder and your 1-2 shift will be a lot smoother (because the chasis won't be twisting). The car will go straight and stay straight. MSD two-step is the only way to go with a stick car. Remember, the fastest way down the track is in a straight line. [Wink]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Joe, are you still using the stock axles?
What is your race weight?
Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome 60'. Congrats on your 11 sec. pass.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way to go Joe !!!
Wish I had been there to see it happen

Any runs on the "squeeze" yet?

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com