Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » All Ford lane on 4th of July PSCA event

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: All Ford lane on 4th of July PSCA event
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was talking to Mel who is the PSCA owner this week. I wanted to make sure the Sac event is a guaranteed success and was also concerned that many who come on to this board doesn't find the PSCA appealing due to the limitation of the classes. PSCA is willing to consider a lane for all Fords only on the first day for grudge and the 2nd day would be open to everyone to run in the trophy class. I think this will give everyone an opportuity to run their cars on a well prepped track, enjoy the excitement of watching the fastest cars in the west coast, and show off what you have. $20 each day to run. Please post a reply with your interest or comments. Thanks.
Norman Chang

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sound like fun. I'll be there on one of the days.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Norman, you need to come out and run in the Cafords vs. Norcal LS1 event on June 14th.

Check it out, you buddy Chris Chow will be running. I'm thinking you need to but him down [Big Grin]

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000710

[ May 16, 2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm there, this sounds great. Otherwise I may not have gone.

If you guys can get a class similar to the former Probe EFI class back together, I'd run next year.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will do my best to make it to the caford vs norcal lsi meet. I will make making some changes to the car between the upcoming race in Vegas and the 4th of July race in Sac. The grudge event will give me an opportunity to test and have some fun! Please do pass the word around for the PSCA event on the 4th. Thanks.

Norman

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by trbo50:
I will do my best to make it to the caford vs norcal lsi meet. I will make making some changes to the car between the upcoming race in Vegas and the 4th of July race in Sac. The grudge event will give me an opportunity to test and have some fun! Please do pass the word around for the PSCA event on the 4th. Thanks.

Norman

Good luck with the changes, Finley's run against you in the finals was CRAZY. Remember, if any of those changes include throwing those Neals in the garbage... make sure it's my garbage can. [Big Grin]
I'll say hi in vegas and hopefully this time if i'm not all scatterbrained before we leave i'll give you some videos of the past events.

PS, i really think you would have done a little better in the finals if you didn't have the image of greg holding his balls while backing you up.
 -

here's the video of the finals.
video

Joe, they got rid of the class because no one wanted to run in it. It's easy to make slow ass heads up classes when you limit it to only 79+ fox chassis mustangs with efi and a 306 ci limit. It gets a bit harder to make it even when you're dealing with 50 years of technology and chassis from ford/gm/chrysler with carbs and efi.
Plus even if they did make a no poweradder class that you fit perfectly.. then they'd be running 11.000s and you'd have no chance anyway.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Originally posted by Chris M.:
PS, i really think you would have done a little better in the finals if you didn't have the image of greg holding his balls while backing you up.
 -

thats my way of saying 'good luck' [Cool]

[ May 16, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you jinxed him
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com