Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » June 14th SCHEDULE

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: June 14th SCHEDULE
12sec_Stock Freak
¯
Member # 1580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12sec_Stock Freak  Ford pictures for 12sec_Stock Freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

I talked with the track and we will be able to get Pretty early so hear is the Way things are gonna work out (hopefully)

2:00 : 2003 Ford vs. GM Competitors and spectators will be aloud to enter the track and prepare

2:30 The pot luck BBQ will begin I will start a list of stuff that is being brought form both camps so we know what we have and what we need.(please E-mail me at bmcioli@netzero.net with what you wish to bring)

3:30 We will begin to go threw Tech And will soon

4:00 Start racing I believe we will Start with pair #25 and work our ways down to the thrilla in Manila

LIST OF BBQ STUFF

12sec'01ws6, Mom: BBQ

[ May 10, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: 12sec_Stock Freak ]

--------------------
Best ET (bonestock): 12.66 Best MPH: 111.98 Best 60': 1.967
2002 dyno: 327.1 rwhp 343.2 rwtq - bonestock
Winner GM West Coast Shootout - Stock Radial Tire class, 2002[/size]

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Excuse me for my confusion but are there not going to be any practice runs?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey John, I think it'll be too hard to get everyone lined up and racing in order. Too many things can/will come up.

Here is what I'm thinking...

When you get there, you'll be told who you're racing. Before the end of the night, you guys should line up, race, determine a winner and then report to me or whoever else is in charge of keeping track of the score.

This way, lets say if one guy misses a shift or forgets to connect one of his plug wires or something, his opponent can choose to grant a "redo", ect since the winner will solely be determined by the two guys that race(d).

I hope this is clear, let me know if its not clear and I'll try to re-explain it.

[ May 10, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So basically you are saying it's a one run event?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
So basically you are saying it's a one run event?

One run as in that's all you get? [Confused]

What I'm saying is that once you get paired up with the person you're suppose to be racing againstg on June 14th, arrange with your opponent when you'll run, determine the winner and get back to the score keeper with your results.
Other than that, feel free to run as often as you'd like. Its a normal grudge night event open to the public, but they'll open the doors early for CaliforniaFords and NorCal-LS1 members.

[ May 10, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

OK, I got it. I didn't know it was a regular Grudge night. It's all clear now. Thanks

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gonna say it now, if I get paired up with John and he forgets to plug in a couple plug wires or to p[ut on his blower belt and I win the first run I ain't givin him a 2nd chance! Hahahaha

Everything sounds good guys. Hopefully my car will be faster by then but if it aint I'm still there to absorb punches [Wink]

F8L=Cannon fodder

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can bring a cake or some kind of dessert. If you need me to bring something else, just ask. i'll be happy too. Also, I'll bring paper plates and some sporks [Big Grin] naw, I'll bring utensils not sporks. [Razz]

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com