Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Anyone ever wonder why the get better traction at the track than on the street?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone ever wonder why the get better traction at the track than on the street?
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
VHT and rubber are a beautiful thing
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sac needs to lay some of that stuff down more often

i have a good idea for street racing
i dont know how it is applied but put some down a little before a race on the street, u get traction and the guy next to u doesnt [Big Grin]
probably would work but oh well, just a thought

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
sac needs to lay some of that stuff down more often

i have a good idea for street racing
i dont know how it is applied but put some down a little before a race on the street, u get traction and the guy next to u doesnt [Big Grin]
probably would work but oh well, just a thought

people try that on the street but it all depends on how you use it. Usually it does not work because people don't know how to use it.
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL

Back in the day I used to carry a spray bottle filled with VHT. But I agree with Crhis, some people just spray it on their tires then roll up and try to run, they dont realize that it is initially slick and takes time to get tacky. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, the night i broke my trans i got out looked under the car and noticed the same stickey surface as that. almost walked out of my shoes.
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats funny.
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We have a truck that trailers a pump/sprayer that lays a coat down the track that is about 7-8 feet wide. However, this would be counter-productive for street racing in that you would have to lay it down quite in advance if you use straight VHT, and about a half hour in advance if you cut it with Methanol...it helps it setup faster. Also the stuff is really expensive, that's part of the reason why it isn't used on Wed night at Sac. TNT, and any event however, it is sprayed. It costs at least $200 per lane to do this for the VHT, plus the cost of the Methanol.

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol so funny how bout buy some new clothes looks like those sneakers have been grabbed from the garbage can.Where you shop goodwill,salvation? [BS flag]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
lol so funny how bout buy some new clothes looks like those sneakers have been grabbed from the garbage can.Where you shop goodwill,salvation? [BS flag]

don't hate because you're so much fucking dumber than i am you god damn moron. [Roll Eyes]

they're airwalks, if you see some for sale i'll buy them... but they do not sell them anymore.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris M.:
VHT and rubber are a beautiful thing

Well it looked real nice until some teal camaro fukked it up 2x..............O wait that was me. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com