Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » VIDEOS from Sac. 3/22

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: VIDEOS from Sac. 3/22
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great race between FasterDamnit and Shade-tree.

FasterDamnit vs. Shade-tree

This one is Treynor's S600 vs me. I ran a slightly better ET than him but I was sleeping at the damn tree.

Treynor S600 vs Red C5

Firebird and me.

Firebird vs. Red C5

I have a bunch more runs. I'll try to add more videos later. [patriot]

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the way Joe waits until Jim is done with his burnout before he does his. All the little tricks to racing [Wink]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
totally unintentional [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Peter you just missed that 11. I noticed you beat the firebird by .7 seconds but you only got to the line about .1 seconds before him. Was his reaction time like half a second better?

Next time you go to the track, try leaving the line as the second yellow bulb goes out. The best way to improving reaction times is to get your first redlight and work your way back to green.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey RedC5,
if 2.246 60' = 12.057 @ 124.41

I'm wondering what a 1.6x 60' would buy you? [Wink]

btw, looks like you're definitely dropping that ET!(if that's your best). btw was that bird spraying? curious ford owner wants to know [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great race between fasterDamnit and shade but didnt see shdes time [Frown] Great videos, cannot wait to get back to the track.

--------------------
Support our troops!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nope that bird is a stock bottom end, and stock headed car.......just a cam , headers and tuning...... it has gone 12.50 @ 118 on street tires with a different driver......now it has a few more things done

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks.

I don't know anything about that firebird. I don't think it is possible for me to pull a 1.6 60' on street tires. I'm not really intrested in running on slicks or even DR's right now. I hope to make a couple mid 11 second passes on street tires and then I will need to look into the cage thing I guess. This was my second time to thr track so obviously I need to improve a lot of things.

The birds reaction was .649 whereas mine was 1.141.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not picking on you, just trying to speculate. I don't think 10's are out of the question if you're looking for my $0.02 on your car...

[ March 25, 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

I didn't take it in any negative way shade [Smile]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I like the way Joe waits until Jim is done with his burnout before he does his. All the little tricks to racing [Wink]

I was thinking the same thing when I was standing in the tower watching that race [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:

I was thinking the same thing when I was standing in the tower watching that race [patriot]
'S OK! I STILL pulled a 1.68 60 ft. Too bad it was not enought to overcome the flexible flyer...
[Razz]

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey RED C5 are you gonna be at the track this saturday? if so, let line up (silver bird), hopefully I can out ET you. [burnout] just not MPH [worship] [Big Grin] the car belongs to my friend, but I will be driving it.

shade-tree no nitrous yet, probably won't have a need for it at the track, since the car should run 11s on motor, and the owner doesn't want a cage.

[ March 25, 2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: nickn ]

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN! What the hell is done to that S600? [Eek!]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
DAMN! What the hell is done to that S600? [Eek!]

I was thinkin the saaaaaame damn thing [Eek!] [worship]

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

nickn, I may be out there Sat. night. Definately not in the morning.

The S600 is bone stock and had about 1100 miles on it.

z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Treynor said its has 664 fptq stock!!! Twin turbo v12??

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
peter, you're planning on going this sat night?
if so, i might be picking my car up from being half tuned and i wouldn't mind stopping by the track and making some motor passes.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

you can always run me or Jim [Big Grin]

--------------------

RGS50
¯
Member # 1013

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGS50  Ford pictures for RGS50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think they come with twin turbos stock, but I do know if its stock he has a 5.5L V12, 36 - Valve, 493hp @ 5000.

--------------------
1989 Mustang GT (Few Mods)
2001 Mustang GT (Stock)

Posts: 69 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For 2003, the S600 / CL600 are factory twin-turbo 5.5L V12s. Mine made 482 RWHP / 570 RWTQ bone stock with 1000 miles on the clock, and ran a best of 12.45 @ 114.3 up at Sacto last weekend.

I'll be there this Saturday night for the grudge matches, with stickier rear tires and a touch more horsepower under the hood.

Posts: 55 | From: Los Altos CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Chris, I will probably show up late to watch. I'm surprised your willing to risk running it hard untuned, seems like it's asking for something to break??
Chris M.
Member # 1708

no, just running the motor. it's running real rich and not too much total timing. it is also a fairly low compression motor so 91 octane is already too much for it. Detonation isn't a problem unless I put on the supercharger, which I'm not going to do.

I'm still not 100% sure if it'll be done by then so odds are, i won't be there.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com