Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sal's Speed shop Modular Class

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sal's Speed shop Modular Class
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to thank everyone again. I had great time. Well I didn't do as good as Jim, but I was on my way. Here's how it went. 5 cars left. I was the first race going againts the Paxton car. I launched went to grab second and nothing there. Thought I missed second I see my win light on. The Paxton car red lite. I go for second again nothing just grinding. I'm thinking damn the clutch went. I was wrong, it went into third fine. I blew second gear! Well with that win I was guarented second place if I showed up to the line, I had a bye run. But I didn't want to risk messing the tranny up more. Had to still drive it all the way back home. Even with breaking the tranny I had a great time down there with everyone. The racing was so much fun. 170+ Mustangs Racing [Big Grin] I hope a lot more cars will go down for the Fun Ford Weekend in November [patriot]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was really tough to hear after all three of us went that far. We go back w/ more good drivers and their cars, and we can clean up at the next Sal's Speedshop day. Since you had the best looking car in our group, you deserved to have your pic taken!

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought you had it in the bag for sure Mark, sorry about the tranny.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doh. It must have taken a lot of self control not to limp it to the next round and limp a 1-3 gear shift down the track. Good to know all our racers represented us nicely [worship] [patriot]

So anyone get in a magazine? (and promote the site? [Big Grin] )

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Guy's. Ya it sucks. But I still had a great time. I was a little bummed today. But the car made it home so I'm in a much better mood. Like Drew said a Ford will allways make it home [patriot] Rhett I thought I had it too [Smile] Theres all ways next time.
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Doh. It must have taken a lot of self control not to limp it to the next round and limp a 1-3 gear shift down the track. Good to know all our racers represented us nicely [worship] [patriot]

tell us about it! he would have won a spiffy set of jba plug wires...thick ones,nice. he could have given them to me [Big Grin] [Razz]
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

tell us about it! he would have won a spiffy set of jba plug wires...thick ones,nice. he could have given them to me [Big Grin] [Razz]
Or gave them to me!!!

But anyways for sure really fun and there is always next time mark!! your car still looked good man!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So Mark, next time, when I tell you to get your car in the staging lanes so you can at least get runner up, are you going to listen to me!?

Shit dude, all you would have had to do was stage [Mad]

[ March 10, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks about your tranny. You might not be the only one down because of 2nd gear [Mad]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you didnt stage and get a runner up because of a blown 2nd gear????? [Roll Eyes]
what if the guy redlit?! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
you didnt stage and get a runner up because of a blown 2nd gear????? [Roll Eyes]
what if the guy redlit?! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Oh man that is sooooo true!!!!!!!! See Mark!!!!! could have done even better!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Come on, guys. He had just busted his tranny on his near new car while 6 hours from home. Can't blame him for calling it quits.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark,

Congratulations.

You were soooo Close.....Could you taste it?

Look at the bright side. Your making enough power to start breaking shit!

I really thought you'd lose your axles, or torque boxes before your tranny. It's starting to look like these wonderful new 3650 Tremecs are as big a turd as the old T-5's were.

Do you think you'll get it covered under warranty? [Big Grin]

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

42k in miles and no extended warrenty. Ya Eric it was right there. I wanted first badly! Hopefully there wont be a next time, but if there is I know better now and will go out and just stage.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:
Mark,

It's starting to look like these wonderful new 3650 Tremecs are as big a turd as the old T-5's were.

T5's are turds? I have never seen a T5 break from a 240 RWHP motor before [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Its those mad shifting skills [Smile]
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTT Mark! Mad(power) shifting Skills!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:
quote:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTT Mark! Mad(power) shifting Skills!
Is there any other way to shift [Big Grin]
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

yeah there is another way of shifting, its called letting your foot off the gas and placing it back on it when the Clutch Engages(otherwise known as the non-vagina way)

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

PM'd you Aaron [Mad]
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
PM'd you Aaron [Mad]

Sorry man, I got the PM and its right back at you. shit look at it this way even with a broken 2nd your car would still beat mine [worship] [worship]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com