Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Shadetree, how'd you run today?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shadetree, how'd you run today?
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Joe,
I meant to come up and say hi (and to say thanks for the pressure plate a few months ago.) I think I saw you run, but didnt see you afterwards.

Heck, it may not have even been you, i thought it was...black coupe.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw you run too [Wink]

I was having issues, put it that way. I clearly saw you pull a tire up [Big Grin]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw your car out there Shade bu tdidnt see you while I was talkin to PoisonedPony. Wanted to actually meet you . lol

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good to meet ya both shade and F8L

my car was having issues too, the gear swap made it 1/2 a second slower [Mad]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
Black, 5-speed, silver stripes
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!
EAD: 1 Dec 04

Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony:
good to meet ya both shade and F8L

my car was having issues too, the gear swap made it 1/2 a second slower [Mad]

did you see where I rolled into you? check your front bumper, I may have left you a present [Razz]
let me know if it doesn't rub off.

I'm guessing my tranny popped out of gear and I found my car sitting on yours, lol.

btw, some notable runs I saw today:

6.0x @ 229 dragster (!)
9.1 @ 153 for a foxbody GT , wing, wheelie bars, looks like a 302 based combo (347?) no license plate
7.5 @ 180 for I think BountyHunter's old car? I heard turbo for sure...

Low 10 second GN that looked stock. LMAO.

8.9x bike, no wheelie bar, no extended frame, just balls. [Whoo Whooooo!]

those are some of the notables I guess.

Justin your old rear end was working pretty well today btw, thanks! [Razz]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
did you see where I rolled into you? check your front bumper, I may have left you a present [Razz]
let me know if it doesn't rub off.

I'm guessing my tranny popped out of gear and I found my car sitting on yours, lol.

I thought your car looked alittle close when I came back from the snack bar [Razz]
I'll look tomorrow when I wash it

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shadetree, Bounty Hunters old car no longer runs and is currently for sale from the new owner as a roller. The new Bounty Hunter red Saleen was there doing some test passes. The primered coupe you are talking about is Norman Chang...runs Outlaw Street in PSCA. Got all the bugs worked out and ran very consistent all day, first pass off the trailer was a 7.60 at 187, second pass was a 7.64 at 188, and third and final pass was a 7.59 at 180. Off to Vegas in two weeks [Wink]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you know how much the roller is ???

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Matt, running 6 MPH slower (95mph I assume?) Is not the fault of the gears. It would probably be 93 MPH with out the gears. I think you have problems elsewhere. Bad plugs/wires? Clogged filter(s)? EEC in limp mode? Bad mass air meter electronics?
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the new owner wants like $9000.00. The car works, thats for sure.

Greg

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone know what kevins car ran i seen it but didn't get a chance to watch its the chp teal,green coupe with a procharger on?

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Matt, running 6 MPH slower (95mph I assume?) Is not the fault of the gears. It would probably be 93 MPH with out the gears. I think you have problems elsewhere. Bad plugs/wires? Clogged filter(s)? EEC in limp mode? Bad mass air meter electronics?

99mph, previous prior to gears was 105. Scanned the codes, nothing came up. All filters were replaced recently, as was the plugs and wires. MAF is untouched

shade: no marks, no worries. Must of been a light hit. [Smile]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What RPM do you shift at? Were you running 105 mph consistantly before? Borrow a MAF from someone and see if you notice anything on the butt dyno. 5+ mph is hard to lose [patriot]
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
anyone know what kevins car ran i seen it but didn't get a chance to watch its the chp teal,green coupe with a procharger on?

10.30's
as you know that is slow for his car. He told me he was expereincing ignition problems.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com