Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 1-25 track day

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1-25 track day
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how was everyones day at the track post times good or bad etc

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I found out that I am a really horrible shifter, and that is no kidding what soooo ever!!

My best so far in the car with one day out on the track was : 14.070 @99.979 60ft2.167

I had our dear ol friend Drew A.K.A. "track tester" give it a run and he pulled a: 1.994 60ft.
13.553 @ 101.404

I know that my good friend Drew is a damn good driver But I really suck too!!! but Hey its my first time out at the Track in my car. I have only been driving it for a month or so on the road so I am still getting use to a real stick shift car! I hope I can get those numbers way down from that next weekend!!!

[ January 25, 2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe ]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Woo hoo, my car is still faster than Aaron's. [patriot]

Good numbers man, you'll get those down with more practice.

I guess its time for me to get more mods. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by White02GT:

Not if he lets me drive it when it isn't being hot lapped [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Not if he lets me drive it when it isn't being hot lapped [Wink] [Razz]
My cars best time was accomplished by its owner, I'm sure it could've gone 13.4 or so easily had you driven it. Oh, and also if it wasn't leaking tranny fluid down the track.

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who really freakin cares if "the owner" did it or not Eric!? Do you know how drag racing works in the real world? 90% of the time the car is built and maintained by the owner and raced by the driver best suited for the job. This is no different. Do you think that if someone were to jump in John Force's car and run a 3.00 1/4 it would be disgarded because "the owner" didn't do it? I think not.

[ January 25, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

[Roll Eyes] Come on drew, who's building a race car and who drives their car every day on the street? Its not like I can quickly jump out of my car while going down the street so somebody else could drive it in a race. We all know you can put up faster times, but its still nice to know what each individual driver can do.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[Roll Eyes] its still nice to know what each individual driver can do.

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

If knowone cares what "the car" can do, why do people keep tossing me there keys? [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Good numbers man, you'll get those down with more practice.

I guess its time for me to get more mods. [Big Grin]

It's ok Eric I won't need Drew to drive my car in another month cause something under my hood will be wistling down the track!!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
If knowone cares what "the car" can do, why do people keep tossing me there keys? [Eek!]

Disammm he does have a point! [Eek!] Can't fade the Facts! [worship] [worship]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

quote:

I didnt say I didn't care what my car can really do, but I'd also like to know what I'm capable of. I'm sure other people think the same way also.

--------------------

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I told ya Drew, you are going to have to start charging for this man. And in your defense too, I have not seen you make a run any slower than the "owner/operator" Those are pretty good %'s and bragging rights. Oh and by the way, if ya didn't pay for a tech card, I didn't see ya in the waterboxes...(we're supposed to get strickt aparently b/c of wavers and whatnot, however that isn't my job so HAVE AT IT!!!)

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by RO2USH:
I told ya Drew, you are going to have to start charging for this man. And in your defense too, I have not seen you make a run any slower than the "owner/operator" Those are pretty good %'s and bragging rights. Oh and by the way, if ya didn't pay for a tech card, I didn't see ya in the waterboxes...(we're supposed to get strickt aparently b/c of wavers and whatnot, however that isn't my job so HAVE AT IT!!!)

Haha, Eric, they make me sign the waver when I come through the gates even if I don't buy a tech card now...lol As far as my times and bragging rights go. I'm not bragging. ITs all just in good fun.

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:

I didnt say I didn't care what my car can really do, but I'd also like to know what I'm capable of. I'm sure other people think the same way also.
This debate could go on and on and on. ITs just personal prefurance. For some people its just bragging rights and they want to tell people what there car ran. For others its like you. You want your personal best and that is what matters to you.

Just don't knock the people who only want to know how fast there cars are [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Well said! Don't forget that whenever you're number one or the best at something, there will ALWAYS be jealousy. Its just how the game is played.
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol i guess my decision not to go cause i thought the fog was gonna be in really payed off huh [Roll Eyes] .
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way to go 5OFRANK. Looks like I won't need any help putting up the road block Drew, lol. Good job guys.

Oh yeah, there are a few low dollar parts that would get you a few mph then you can take care of this guy driving on your own.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT:
Way to go 5OFRANK. Looks like I won't need any help putting up the road block Drew, lol. Good job guys.

Yeah I know, I had the rode cones and caution tape all ready too! [Wink]

--------------------
AED

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT:

Oh yeah, there are a few low dollar parts that would get you a few mph then you can take care of this guy driving on your own.

thanks scott!! Yeah I just need parctice man, and I know that you have some of those "low dollar" parts sitting aroud your house. I need to practice my shifting and get to know those tires and improving that time won't be so hard

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
quote:
quote:

This debate could go on and on and on. ITs just personal prefurance. For some people its just bragging rights and they want to tell people what there car ran. For others its like you. You want your personal best and that is what matters to you.

Just don't knock the people who only want to know how fast there cars are [burnout]

For me its like this. Drew is good and he can put a pretty damn good time up in my car. With the time I have and the Time he has in it I can have something to shoot for and I know how much gorund I have to cover. It's nothing more then that.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You can bet your ass I won't be tossing you my keys, I don't want you to kill yourself.

Anybody want to know what happens when friends drive other friends cars???? Ask TeamSOLO.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Yeah Drew you don't want any of that mess!!!!!! [Eek!]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by SIR Paint Job w/ '84 Tercel on MTBE:
quote:

You can bet your ass I won't be tossing you my keys, I don't want you to kill yourself.

Anybody want to know what happens when friends drive other friends cars???? Ask TeamSOLO.

We all know that you have enough trouble driving your own car [Wink]

--------------------
AED

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, factory shit isn't my thing, thank god I blew up that stock aod sat night.
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com