Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 11/30 what were the results? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 11/30 what were the results?
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how did you guys do today?

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got 9 runs, all on Nitto's. Had 1 run at 110.87mph, all the rest 111+. Slowly improving the launch on the DR's. Iced intake, short belt

3 best

60ft 1.945
1/8th 8.136 at 88.21mph
1/4 12.58 at 111.74mph

60ft 1.861
1/8th 8.027 at 88.24mph
1/4 12.485 at 111.39mph

60ft 1.822
1/8th 8.01 ?mph
1/4 12.463 at 111.61mph

Mark was happy w/ his new mod. I'll let him tell it...

JL

[Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there was some loser in a stock dark shadow gray 03 cobra that run 14.004@ 103.18mph [Roll Eyes] ...oh wait!! thats ME [Eek!] !!
managed to get it down (after several failed trials)to a 13.01 @110.98mph.
On the last run of the night i was decided to get a 12.9, but forgot to turn the traction control off..so i aborted that run and just cruised down the track. i probably got a 20.something @ 40mph [Big Grin]

[ November 30, 2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: jmir018 ]

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey man, you gotta start somewhere. Those things have got to be fun on the launch, don't sweat it. I hope to be in the 12's next spring. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmir018:
there was some loser in a stock dark shadow gray 03 cobra that run 14.004@ 103.18mph [Roll Eyes] ...oh wait!! thats ME [Eek!] !!
On the last run of the night i was decided to get a 12.9, but forgot to turn the traction control off..so i aborted that run and just cruised down the track. i probably got a 20.something @ 40mph [Big Grin]

Hey man, I think I was talking to you quite a bit today. I was the guy driving someone elses Mineral Gray 01 GT. It went low 13's all day. My car was in the pits by the staging lanes. I think I pointed it out to you at one point.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I was driving it too [Wink] Just not as well as you [worship] I guess my next mod will be Weight Watchers [Big Grin]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear crack can cut the weight and speed up your reactions...

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We installed a Plasma Booster in my car lastnight and ran it today. Anybody want to guess what the MPH was? We were on nitto's today and not the ET Streets. However there were a few 13.1s and there should have been a high 12 but someone missed a gear [Wink]
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
I hear crack can cut the weight and speed up your reactions...

mmmm...crack.... LOL!

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Hey man, I think I was talking to you quite a bit today. I was the guy driving someone elses Mineral Gray 01 GT. It went low 13's all day. My car was in the pits by the staging lanes. I think I pointed it out to you at one point.
Yeah that was me.. [Big Grin] If i can't go 12s by next saturday i am just gonna have to get you to drive my car and show me what its capable of. It was nice talking to you.

I feel somewhat better now..i was reading on SVTperformance.com and it seems that most 03 owners get 12.8-13.2s stock at around 110mph..so i am somewhere in there. [dance] Freaking Miles, i hate your for convincing me that i was gonna see 12s easily.. [Mad] [Razz]

MILES <<-- How the hell do u lunch this thing.. it wheel hopped like crazy today.

--------------------
=(

z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a cool time today watching everyone. Some real sweet cars out there today. Man it sucks not have a car ready to race yet! Oh well, Hopefully on New Years...

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My little bro did a great job for his first time.
1st pass was a 15.0, then a 14.7 then a 14.6, then another 14.6, then a 14.2, and finally a 14.1

His car has high 13's in it, he just needs to work on his 60ft. Will be back in a few weeks.

jmir018 -
I did not know that was you in that 03. Sweet ass ride man. I like it a lot. How doies the IRS feel when you launcg it?

BTW- There was a yellow 03 running 11.@121 with a Kennebell s/c. It was sweet.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in competition with a Buddy driving a bright Yellow acura ledgend He ran a previous best of a 13.5...I had him beat for about 3 days with my 13.4,till his 13.30 SAT anyone see it?
He has some video that I might be able to post of the 03 with the Kenne Bell on it.

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99FLYER:
I'm in competition with a Buddy driving a bright Yellow acura ledgend He ran a previous best of a 13.5...I had him beat for about 3 days with my 13.4,till his 13.30 SAT anyone see it?
He has some video that I might be able to post of the 03 with the Kenne Bell on it.

will you be at the track this sat? I met you at the fosters freeze in dublin. I'd love to line up against you [patriot]
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:
Originally posted by 99FLYER:

will you be at the track this sat? I met you at the fosters freeze in dublin. I'd love to line up against you [patriot]
What's up man, I don't ususally go on sat but I might go on the 14'th. I havn't had a sat off in a long time tho, so the GF might have other plans...i'll let you know.

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Yeah that was me.. [Big Grin] If i can't go 12s by next saturday i am just gonna have to get you to drive my car and show me what its capable of. It was nice talking to you.

I feel somewhat better now..i was reading on SVTperformance.com and it seems that most 03 owners get 12.8-13.2s stock at around 110mph..so i am somewhere in there. [dance] Freaking Miles, i hate your for convincing me that i was gonna see 12s easily.. [Mad] [Razz]

MILES <<-- How the hell do u lunch this thing.. it wheel hopped like crazy today.

Man, i must have a good car, cause ive only been able to get it to wheel hop once, and that was only cause i didnt get the tires into the water completely! Clutch slip my friend, was the best way i could find to get the car movin. Maybe thats why i didnt get wheel hop, cause i was burning my clutch instead of my tires! Are you going again this coming saturday? If so, i WILL be there, chip or not. I switched cars with my bro for this week, so i could install his lowerings springs, so my car will be up in sacramento anyway. Was planning on riding my bike up there sat morning, racing my car, then having my bro drive it back here, while i go on a bike ride thru some of sacs backroads...should be a cool weekend!

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
My little bro did a great job for his first time.
1st pass was a 15.0, then a 14.7 then a 14.6, then another 14.6, then a 14.2, and finally a 14.1

His car has high 13's in it, he just needs to work on his 60ft. Will be back in a few weeks.

What was MiniMe's best MPH?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it was 101.xx

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Yup- once they bumped the timing with a borrowed timing light...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

[worship] to Jim and the magic timing light [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Milesblown03:
QUOTE]Man, i must have a good car, cause ive only been able to get it to wheel hop once, and that was only cause i didnt get the tires into the water completely! Clutch slip my friend, was the best way i could find to get the car movin. Maybe thats why i didnt get wheel hop, cause i was burning my clutch instead of my tires! Are you going again this coming saturday? If so, i WILL be there, chip or not. I switched cars with my bro for this week, so i could install his lowerings springs, so my car will be up in sacramento anyway. Was planning on riding my bike up there sat morning, racing my car, then having my bro drive it back here, while i go on a bike ride thru some of sacs backroads...should be a cool weekend![/QB]

Hey miles, I never did a burn out [Eek!] . I thought I didn't have to since I was on street tires. Anyhow, what tire pressure were you running? Mine was 30psi on the first two runs (wheel hopped all the way through first and second) and dropped it to 23psi (thanks to Z-ya) and got rid of the wheel hop.

This car could easily see 12's with a better driver..my 60ft were terrible 2.2, 2.5 even a 2.7
I only got one 2.1 but missed third and got a 13.01 so that was my 12 second pass [Frown]
I'll be there next Saturday..i am gonna install a pro5.0 shifter this week, so hopefully that'll help me out a bit.
TRY2PAZZ <<-- I didn't recognized any cars there..i was hopping to see some 98cobra or caford stickers, but saw none. I think I know who you are now, so I'll definitely say hi next time.

[ December 01, 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes magic timing lights rule!!!

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim thanks for the timing light [Wink]

Jersey- My bros car had californiafords.com on the quarter window. He had a89 LX. It was a deep purple witha cobra R hood. ANd MArks car has a old sticker on the back window, and drew is getting a sticker on his hood. I did not see any on your car, so I did not know you were on the site. Congrats in those times.

Sawsom- mph was a 101.7 [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Mark how much was that plasma booster?

Worth the $$$$$??????

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Mike I think its around $300 bucks. Is it worth it, Hell ya. We were on nitto's. The car went 13.1 with a 1.95 60ft 83.75 @104.65 We disconnected it and lost 2.4mph. Saturday we'll be on ET Streets so... There should be some 12sec timeslips.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com