Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Thanks to Sac Raceway for this year's Wednesday nights

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks to Sac Raceway for this year's Wednesday nights
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just wanted to post this here to express thanks to the guys and gals who have been running Sac Raceway, and opening it for the public's use on Wednesday nights. I've been trying to go out about once a month, on Mustang nights, and have had a great time whittling away at my E.T.s the past year.

My first night out, the best I could do was a 14.7, and, as I realized the car had a lot more in it, I continued to go out on Wednesdays, determined that I would not make further modifications to my car until I saw a 13 second timeslip. After some frustration from some 14.1 and then 14.0 passes, I finally got my 13.959 at 99.2 on the final run of the night. [Cool]

Anyhow, I really appreciate that you guys come out and open the track, put up with the few morons that come out every week, (I think they provide entertainment,) and I've had a great time learning how to drive my car well and meeting other people who are trying to do the same thing. Being able to go out on Wednesdays also helps me a lot to be able to restrain myself on the street, where racing in an uncontrolled environment puts not only the drivers, but also everyone sharing the road with them at risk.

Again, thank you for your work, and I look forward to seeing you again in February. Now that I've seen my 13, I can do some work to my car, and hopefully be a little faster next spring.

Michael
'02 Mustang GT, Silver

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GOOD JOB! You finally got "into the Zone" I know you were trying hard!
Carlo

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Carlo,

It took me a while, but it felt really good to break 14 seconds.

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com