Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best for the Vette (got a question though)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best for the Vette (got a question though)
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I added a stock Z06 exhaust and an offraod X-Pipe and picked up a bunch of low end power. Unfortunately the computer in this car won't let me do burnouts so the car just dies when I try to do em. [Frown] So no sticky tires for me or else I'm sure I could have wen't 12.70s if my 60' would have been in the 1.9s like it was supposed to be.

New time:

2.90@109mph 2.16 60'

Not bad for just a couple mods on an automatic C5. [Smile] Now, I'm gonna do the new torque convertewr thats kickin it by my front door. [Wink]

Now for my question:

Does ANYONE know who was driving the 96-98 white GT with alteza lights and silver 5-spoke wheels. He was missing the side emblems. He was dialed in at a mid 14 but I saw him run a 14.80.

I seriously want to know who this is. He has a 98Cobra sticker on his side windows so I figure he posts here but when I made a post in the Street Racing seciton about beating him in my Z71 he never responded so now I'm curious.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice vette dude!

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn 2.90!! holy shit i need an xpipe! lol

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2.90! holy shiet! what did you let off at the 330' or something!

don't forget to factor the -550 density altitude into any supposed gains your mods gave you.

[ November 14, 2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL

Yeah, 2.90 would kick ass! Then I'd end up in the hospital from my internal organs being slammed into my back!

99FLYER, Thx man. [Smile]

Shade Tree, I know. My last best run was at a DA of -175 so bewteen the DA being somewhat close and my ET being better and my 60' being worse I am sure of the power gain. But thx for the tip. about 3 mo ago I would have neveer even know what the hell DA was. lol

BTW, where did you get that -550 figure? I came up with -556. do you know how to get a weather chart for somewhere closer to the track? I have to pull mine from Mather AFB.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lindsey will be happy you broke into the 12's in her car!!!! [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
http://www.thesiccrew.com/Kevin.html
http://www.geocities.com/kevtopgun/Z28.html
12.9 and 111mph traps on Street tires.
quote:
Originally posted by FireWhore:
..... nor do i care what any of u peeps think....or me for that matter....

Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Justin - Why do you want to know who that guy is so badly?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Kevin, It's MY car, I paid for 3/4 of it. I just put her name on the plate damn it! [Wink]

Drew, not sure. I just don't see why he is running around with a 98Cobra sticker and doesn't post on here. I guess it's one of those mystery things. When you see someone often enough but you don't know who he is and neither does anyone else. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AHAHAH DUDE!!! Just giving you a hard time!!!

hey are you coming out tonight???? apparently they are roping off a section for us!

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
quote:

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hahaha, ok, I give in. His name is Mike. He came to a 98Cobra show with me about a year ago and met some people, though it was cool, and got trhe stickers. He doesn't have a computer so that is why he doesn't post. Next time you see him go up and tell him you know me, he's a cool guy. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Kevin, not sure. I am still sick and Lindsey works till 9pm. Where you guys going?

Drew, it's all good. I wasn't trying to find him to kick his ass or tell him off or anything. I'll tell him whats up. If I can every find him. lol

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

grill and bar on Fair Oaks by Marconi called Palm Street.
Voito called the owner and hes looking foward to us coming. he roped off a section just for us. PA PA PA PLEEEEEASSE come out. ive been out of school the past few days and my car is sick as well but were coming out. DUDE i JUST bought some dayquil, if you come out i might give you some! [Wink]

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
quote:

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

quote:
DUDE i JUST bought some dayquil, if you come out i might give you some!

I'm SOOO there dude!
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Unfortunately the computer in this car won't let me do burnouts so the car just dies when I try to do em. [Frown] So no sticky tires for me or else I'm sure I could have wen't 12.70s if my 60' would have been in the 1.9s like it was supposed to be.

Even with the Traction control set to Competion mode, it won't let you burn out? I thought it would.
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I don't have Active Handling on thi scar. Just Traction Control. So it's either off or on. [Frown]

I can light em up like mad on the street if I just mash it but when you apply the brakes the computer goes whacko after the first time. [Frown]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ahhh ok.
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can show you how to disable the traction control. then you can do massive dounuts [burnout] [burnout]

[ November 15, 2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I think this one is PCM related. Or do you know somethinng?

Man, email me dude, I lost yours when I switched computers.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the time Justin. I think you're the first car running faster than 3's i've seen on this board. That's super!

[Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kev....I was wondering about your sig...
is it supposed to be a joke or something...?
If not...how can I get a 3500 stall for my 6 Speed? [Big Grin]
or is that what you luanch at?
Just wondering and hoping whoever sold it to you didn't tell you it had one [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All you need to do is pull the ABS fuse and the traction control fuse. I have done this before with great results [burnout] [Eek!]

--------------------

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Thx Jon, I'll try it next time out and see if it'll work.

[Smile]

Stoplightwarrior, Yeah dude, I'm FAF!!! Hahaha

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

If it dosent work let me know i still have some in's at the dealership

--------------------

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times!!!! [dance]
Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Hey tone, why do you think its a joke? all you do is take out my flywheel and replace it with the torque converter. i just always leave it in 6th gear and floor it! I have a 14 bolt rear end but one of the stus broke so only half is in the rear end. hence the 13.5 rear end. The pvc subframes kick ass dude i suggest it to everyone! You can spray paint them any color you want, but be sure not to overspray into the car like i did, so i painted over it with some black. it looks ok. Well anyway, i have to go. but hit me up if your interested in any of my mods. i should be running 11's now easy. Later!

[burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
quote:

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com