Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best time.....again 13.7

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best time.....again 13.7
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the only difference from last week was a new FMS 70mm TB, and the lack of a check eng light.It turned itself off on bradshaw! like a miracle cuz the damn thing has been on for over a month. I did not get my densecharger in time...UPS dropped it off a few minutes after I left!

I dont have my slips on me so I'll edit later

13.78@100.6 2.09 60 ft

After that it went downhill 13.9, 14.0, 13.9, 14.0, 13.8, 14.1, 14.1,
The car was wayyy inconsistent last night, and so were my reaction times.

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job Carlo!

Hey man I gotta ask, did you reset the EEC after you installed the throttle body? (by reste I mean disconnest the battery for a while)

It takes a long time for your cars computer to recognize changes in the intake track if you don't do this.

Time for that densecharger! [patriot]

[ November 14, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at least on my car, when I was having C.E.L. problems, I could just turn the car off and it wouldn't pull timing and add fuel like the computer normally does to 'limp home'. I can get the light to go off for at least 5 minutes after the car is turned on (usually), plenty of time for a pass down the 1320, lol. don't know if this works EEC-V, but it does EEC-IV, good runs btw.

[ November 14, 2002, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

AZdude
¯
Member # 1532

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZdude  Ford pictures for AZdude  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn..... That is Hellaaa slow!!!! You should have had your head out the window yelling you ain't catchin' me!!!! that would have given you a 12@218mph!!! [burnout] [Razz] [dance]
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!!!

The air was good last night DA= -556FT!

To bad the track prep sucked ass!

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Good job Carlo!

Hey man I gotta ask, did you reset the EEC after you installed the throttle body? (by reste I mean disconnest the battery for a while)

It takes a long time for your cars computer to recognize changes in the intake track if you don't do this.

I did not pull off the battery cable,I installed it at the track and I didn't want to chance the CE light coming back on! I took it for a good testdrive which I got a receipt for [Wink]

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You got a ticket? I thought the CHP at the Shell station was gonna go after you when you rev'd right before you turned in.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Nah, I think he was checking the car out! he just slowed down next to me and kept going [worship] thx copper. BTW I didn't rev, I downshifted

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol sounded like a rev. he got in his car quick after you did that [Wink]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99FLYER:
quote:
Good job Carlo!

I did not pull off the battery cable,I installed it at the track and I didn't want to chance the CE light coming back on! I took it for a good testdrive which I got a receipt for [Wink]
Man, put the densecharger on there and restet the EEC...there is lots more in it. [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 99FLYER:
quote:
Good job Carlo!

Man, put the densecharger on there and restet the EEC...there is lots more in it. [patriot] [burnout]
Well' see next wed You goin?

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
lol sounded like a rev. he got in his car quick after you did that [Wink]

Maybe he was after your "best appearing" [Cool] gt! Hey did you bring home 2 trophys? Congrats on the one [patriot] ,and the second if you did get it, I saw it was down to 4 cars yours being one of them.

[ November 14, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: 99FLYER ]

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Yeah I'll be there next week....time to test out the new changes [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

twelveflat
¯
Member # 875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twelveflat  Ford pictures for twelveflat    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only knocked off a tenth from my last adventure out and ran an 11.7 @118mph [Cool]

--------------------
Thanks
Dan

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Only the one Trophy. I made it to 6 cars and broke out bad, went under my dialin by 2 tenths and I was on the brakes hard. O well theres allways next week
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man Mark you suck!!! hahahah just Kidding man!!!

Hey drew maybe I might be able to get out there?? I hope I have some money left after this trip [Big Grin] Oh yeah the Navi was a good way to see tits and get a little chicken head from a chick you pick up at the mall!!!!! [dance]

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ok, the densecharger is on, and my intake spacer should be here any day.....

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com