Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » My times for Wed night. (better)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My times for Wed night. (better)
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I decided to go make some shaedown runs tonight to see how much the KR I am getting is effecting my ET and what I have gained so far with the head/cam swap.

Me and Don (Blk Z06) have been trying to tune this thing but I get tons of KR whenever I mash it from low RPM and/or with 91 octane. I only get about 22-23deg of timing when it does this. The only way we can get 0 KR is to roll into the throttle, which ain't gonna cut it for racing BUT it gives us something to work with.

Anyway, My runs are as follows:

60': 1.63
1/8th: 91.849
ET: 11.72
MPH: 115.5

60': 1.657
1/8th: 91.37
ET: 11.79
MPH: 114.7

60': 1.64
1/8th: 91.5
ET: 11.76
MPH: 115.1

My conclusions besides needing to fix the KR issues is that I need to be shifting higher, like around 6600rpm. I also need to work on traction. I had my slicks down to 11psi and they still wouldn't hook! When I get the TC stalled where I need it I simply spin the tires out of the hole. I know it sounds weird to call a low 1.6 60' spinning bad but thats whats happening. It tries to launch SOO hard out of the hole that the damned slicks can't keep up combined with stock suspension. I am going to look into some LCAs and drop brackets. Maybe even that Wolfecraft sway bar.

Here is a video of one run if interested:
http://members.asog.net/avengeance/F8L%20Launch.AVI

I feel VERY confident that I have an 11.50 in it and a couple more MPH. Then I'll add the 150hp wet-kit.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good shakedown passes for a new setup.........11.50's will be no problem. Now i wanna see a 150 wet out of the hole on that summamabitch!!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesn't look like your mph went up at all on the heads and cam? sounds like some tuning issues. (I've head swapped like 3 times and that happened to me too)
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah,

My MPH is actually a lil higher with this heads and cam considering my mph has been in the 112 range lately on the old stuff. I have not been able to run 114 more than twice. [Frown] This new setup wants to be rev'd much higher so my shift points are too low and the AFR and timing is out of whack!

I have a dyno tune set up for the 30th at ForceFedPerformace with a guy that KNOWS LS1 Edit and he is very confident that we can tune it to get some 119-120mph trapspeeds and 11.40-11.30s out of it. So, I'll just kick back till then and save up for my TNT wet kit conversion kit. [Smile]

I figure 11.40s N/A will turn into 10.30s or so with the 150shot. Traction willing of course. [Wink]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool. I think I just bought your old rear end for my stang. do you remember what it was exactly? trading my original 3.08 rear (which I haven't run in 2 years and is really nice and unabused) + cash for it as he's parting your old GT.

that rear should allow me to have a bullet proof driveline completely now [Wink]
(welded torque boxes to the subframes at Apex tomorrow, trememc 3550, spec-III clutch, your rear and some generic 302 up front [Big Grin] )
1.5x 60' or bust. Might need 4.10s or 4.30s though, lol.

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I can't remember exactly but I think it was Strange 33splibes, 3.73s (from my old rear so I don't know the brand) and a Moser Spool? Or does Strange make one too? Also has C-clip eliminators.

It was a pretty stout rear. Too bad I never got to test it out. [Frown]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

NEWS FLASH

I dyno'd today with exacty the same tune I had when I ran the car for the above times.

My dyno sheet looked like a sismagraph(sp?) for the earthquake in SF in 88'!

I had so much timing loss that my #'s were anywhere from 378rwhp to 432rwhp and my TQ varied from 390 to 447twtq!

The spikes and huge dips made it unable to tell what my avg. would have been but I can tell that without the KR and good tuning I will be over 400rwhp so I am cool.

I also checked out my program and I was short shifting at 6k rpm that night when I should have been shifting at 6400-6600rpm! [Eek!]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So with a correct tune what will your rwhp be?
What do you think you will trap N/A?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I am thinking around 410-420rwhp.

My trap speed should then be about 118-119mph.

That is what I'm hoping for based on similar setups. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car was jumping roughly 50 RWHP and 60 RWTQ and you couldn't tell that something was wrong?! [Wink] [Razz]

Just playin Justin. I think that I'm going to have to make the trip to Force Fed to see you dyno. Sounds like this could be interesting. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com