Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » OutlawZ runs 11's NA....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: OutlawZ runs 11's NA....
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup got my 11 second slip that I should have gotten last time at the track....

Only changes to the car were a switch to 26" ET Streets instead of the 28x10.5W's I run with the bottle only, and a few changes to the DFI timing/fuel map for more top end power....

First pass, soft launch to make sure the tires would hook at all...

60 foot- 1.91 [Roll Eyes]
1/4 mile ET: 12.12
1/4 mile MPH: 118.6 [Eek!]

Knowing that getting those 11's were all in the launch I came out of the hole much harder for the 2nd pass.... Unfortunately I switched my shiftlite RPM to 6400 with the 6400 RPM stock rev limiter still untouched.... 1st gear and 2nd were fine but I SLAMMED the limiter in 3rd and lost precious time..... Blew a guaranteed 11.7ish pass...

60 foot: 1.76
1/4 mile ET: 12.14
1/4 mile MPH: 117.3

So third pass made some added changes to the fuel pressure (subtracted a pound down to 44 psi).. Launched at 4500RPM's... Spun quite a bit initially and hooked about 15-20 feet out.

60 foot: 1.79
1/4 mile ET: 11.92
1/4 mile MPH: 118.8 [Eek!]

Overall the night was pretty good. The car is cranking out a ton of NA power to push the car to 119mph naturally aspirated... My launch problems will be over when the TH400 goes in around December time..... Won't have a problem cutting easy 1.6's on the motor and probably low 1.4's leaving on the bottle...... Maybe even a 1.3 if I leave on the transbrake [Smile] I'm thinking low low 10's with the TH400 and the 200 shot....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, did you back it up [Big Grin]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool shit
yea if you put that auto and a 200 shot low 10's should be easy to run

yea 93lx342

was runing 11.8 on sportman tires with 1.8 60 foots if he would of gotten some slicks on that car it should of gone deapper in the 11's not bad for a 342 strocker all motor

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats [patriot] Are you going to spray this motor or wait until you get the auto in there?
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the racing season out here is pretty much over since it'll drop well below freezing very soon..... So the TH400 is a winter mod.... Besides with the clutch I have in the car now it'll never handle the 650+ HP and 650+ torque the motor will make with the bottle on it... Which is why I decided TH400 the car....

The Th400 with transbrake, reverse manual valve body, etc is 1200 minus shifter,converter and is capable of withstanding 1000RWHP....

A clutch capable of taking the punishment of my motor and nitrous on slicks is the Mccleod Street Twin..... With steel flywheel it's 975 bucks.... [Eek!]

That's crazy spending 1000 dollars and not picking up an ounce of ET or MPH... And who's to say that just because I put a good clutch in the car that the input/output shafts on the tranny won't explode the second I hit the 200 shot out the hole????? [Smile] So the Th400 conversion is eliminating all the weak links.....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought chevy parts were cheaper than ford?
a simple TKO setup should handle 600 at the wheels all season long... ?

also, your ET should plummet with the 'matic and the trap should suffer a tad too. I figure you'd drop nearly 5 tenths without any more power... [patriot]

[ November 04, 2002, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Job! [burnout]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
figure you'd drop nearly 5 tenths without any more power...
Thats all I need is for this fuck to go any faster!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

quote:
I thought chevy parts were cheaper than ford?
a simple TKO setup should handle 600 at the wheels all season long... ?

Definitely not true if you're talking about late model cars... LT1 stuff is probably way more expensive than Ford stuff since 5.0's are king of the aftermarket business... You get competitive pricing because there is so many different companies selling 5.0 parts....

Now onto our clutch setups. LT1 (and LS1) cars are "cursed" with a reverse style pressure plate and throwout bearing.... There is only so much force that can be applied to our press plates.... Even the aftermarket pressure plates are Valeo pressure plates painted different colors by the manufacturers to differentiate them.... All that has been done to our press plates is Centerforce added their "weights" to increase clamping force. And the only other thing is disc material. Everything from carbon metallic, kevlar, dual friction, etc.... But nothing can be done to strengthen the pressure plate. Which is why Mccleod came out with the street twin that uses dual discs seperated by a floater with a custom flywheel. That's the 1000 dollar clutch assy...

Even a Centerforce dual friction is 550 bucks!!!!!

But I'm thinking you're right about the 5 tenths thing with no more power. My MPH will suffer but who cares when I chop my NA times down to 11.40's or so...... On the bottle I'm thinking 10.0's might be in reach.....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on the times man, nice trap speed!!! [Eek!] [worship]

--------------------
Mods: SLP Cold Air, 85MM Maf, 1LE Inatke Elbow, Custom Muffler, OBD1 CPU
AIM: FireChickenLS1

Posts: 1310 | From: Livermore,CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we should be a good race i went 11.79@ 118.7 with a 1.88 60 ft on some 3 yr old dry rotted sportsman pros.just got my e.t. streets gonna head back to the track and get my 11.30-11.40 n/a

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Yeah we'd definitely be a good race......

Your car must be light to run those numbers with 371 RWHP!!!! What does it weigh with you in it??? I'm looking to get my car down to 3250 with me in it by the time I'm out there.....

Some winter mods are going to be fuel cell replacing the stock tank, twin racing seats, the TH400 with 3800 stall and transbrake, Spohn Torque arm with adjustable pinion angle, and some removal of stuff I don't need/want anymore.... Like airbags [Wink]

But definitely when I get back we'll run em. I'm expecting 11.30's or so on the motor also with the TH400. I'm hoping I don't lose a bunch of MPH from the converter and TH400.....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Nate's car is around 3200 and Mikes is 3400. Don't let the dyno #'s fool you. The peaks are happening at 5600 but they don't nose over till 6500. It's allowing a lot of AVG HP being made so the cars still run hard. It's decieving. [burnout]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Cool.... Yeah my car makes an assload of hp but is lower on torque.... 386 ft lbs at the wheels... I can unleash some more torque thru tuning but my torque #'s are going to jump up with the TH400 anywayz so I'll wait to see what happens on the dyno with the auto and stall converter.... And the 175 shot [Smile]

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Mathers:
I'll wait to see what happens on the dyno with the auto and stall converter.... And the 175 shot [Smile]

If your converter is too loose, you'll have trouble tuning it on the dyno. Check out the FORD VIDEOS section to see a video clip of John91Coupe's car on the dyno with a ~6,000 RPM stall. These guys usually have to stick in a stock converter to dyno tune [patriot]
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Outlaw Z...are you seriously mistyping and you actually are running regular 28 x 10.5 tires not the W tire. If you are running a W tire...what the hell did you do to your car to get that tire to fit?

By the way, when you coming back this way?

Greg

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Outlaw, scrap the turbo 400, and goto a powerglide. As long as you get the right converter, it will make that stick look like trash. The glide is alot lighter then the 400, takes less hp to turn, and can help soften the HIT on the launch. They work very well when set up right.

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by customN2O:
Outlaw, scrap the turbo 400, and goto a powerglide. As long as you get the right converter, it will make that stick look like trash. The glide is alot lighter then the 400, takes less hp to turn, and can help soften the HIT on the launch. They work very well when set up right.

but they suck for freeway racing

Greg, we went over this in the street racing section, he fits a 10.5w in there somehow. although remember it is only a 28 not a 33 like in an outlaw class.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Greg,
Yes I am running the 28x10.5W's..... They are massive compared to a set of 26x10.5 ET Streets I have on my car right now... All I did to get them to fit was rolled the fenderlips up so the outside of the tire wouldn't make contact, trimmed the rear skirt so that it angles out more (Needed to do this cause of tire growth at the big end) and I pounded on this little lip of metal near the lower control arms... Fit just fine after that.... [Smile] I'm scheduled to be back in Cali in August of 03.... I won't probably be on the "Scene" until september/october since I'll be quite busy securing my house, moving in, gettin settled but you should see the car running some low 10's around October....

Zimm, I would go to a powerglide but I still want to drive my car on the street.... Dumping the T56 is already giving me nightmares about losing 3 gears going to the TH400. I won't be able to sleep at night thinking about going to 2 gears!!!!! [Wink] I'm thinking with the TH400 I'll still be able to drive my car around town to local cruise spots, etc... Then put it on the trailer when I intend to race it up in sac or sears....

Sawson I don't think I'll have a ton of trouble. I'm not using anything near a 6000 stall.... More like 3800.... It'll loosen up on the juice probably to about 4200 or so.... I've known quite a few people who have dynoed with 4400 stall (F8LPony is one) and have had zero problems....

[ November 06, 2002, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Marshall Mathers ]

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the electronic trannies you can lock up the converter on the dyno to get an almost exact HP/TQ reading. If you don't do it you can just figure on about a 15-20hp loss through the converter. No biggy. The only draw back is it is harder to tune the AFR without locking the converter. But well worth it when your ET's drop. He is making the right decision for his racing and driving needs.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com