Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Good TnT, Nov 2. minor improvement. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good TnT, Nov 2. minor improvement.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saw lots of folks run well today. Joe, John, Kevin, Mark, Chirag and others I am forgetting. Wish I could learn to launch on the Nitto's- more practice to come. Had one 1.77 last Sat night on them. Duplicating that will be tough. Anyhow- last Sun I found that I was restrictor plate racing. My TB gasket was smaller than my TB. Trimmed it w/ the ol' X-acto. Seemed to help-

1.912 60 ft.
8.07 1/8th at 88.381
12.493 at 111.781

[Eek!]

Sat night I ran 88.14MPH in the 1/8TH and 111.02 in the 1/4. Ran a second 111.70 today, also. Mark hit the juice, but without a bottle heater- looked very promising.
It's Miller Time!

[patriot]

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times Jim. 112 is right around the corner. The weather looked like it should have been good for some strong runs.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup- the corrected altitude stayed below zero just about all day.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jim, are you still running 19 lbs injectors?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Nope- changed to 24's w/ the cam. 36psi FP.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the juice kinda disappointed me, but i hope it gets better with the heater!!!

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:

Didn't know you were driving...

[Razz]

[ November 02, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
watching mark's car on the juice was kinda disappointing, but i hope it gets better with the heater!!!

damn i coulda swore i was driving, you know i make revving sounds and practice shifting all the time in the tower so i get confused sometimes [Big Grin] [Wink] [burnout]

[ November 02, 2002, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: eljefe ]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your combo and mph are impressive. good job [Wink]

my best mph was 108.19
ran a 12.62 @ 107.5 on a 1.78 60' on my final pass. Unfortunately I had just dipped the timing down to 12 BTDC, and it cost me 0.7 mph on a run-run basis. Oh well.

Interesting, 29 PSI 'vac on' fuel pressure on my 30#'ers seemed to work best.

12.5s are just another pass away. I don't see why 12.4s would be out of reach on a good launch.
See you next week eith Borla XR-1 mufflers and a real edelbrock performer upper to replace my performer RPM knockoff.

had a blast! long day, I'm tired. [patriot]

[ November 02, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was VERY happy with my times. 3 passes in the 11's and the slowest run was 12.156@115.660
best pass 1.623 60'foot 11.92@115.18 [Eek!] [burnout] [burnout]

[ November 02, 2002, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way to go Jon. That's movin. Looks like you'll need two rollbars now. How many passes did you guys get today.
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what did mark run? good or bad i wanna hear?

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OMG JON! Those are impressive times. Way to go. Any new mods? or just running well? anyways talk to you later hopefully I will see you next weekend. Casey

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think we got about 10 passes. what i cant beleive is that is with out the EPEC or ice on the intake. Casey call me or email me your #. No new mods. Just drive it like you dont care if it breaks. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I know how you feel. The Track Prep was disappointing [Wink]

It's more then just the heater that I need to make it better. With the 4.10s I'm running out of gear and the window switch is shutting the nitrous down on me in fourth gear. Plus I have to learn to drive a stick on the bottle. Also I wasn't getting the WOT to kick in everytime when I wanted it. Its something you have to think about mashing your foot to the floor. It sure felt strong when it was kicking in though. With the heater and some ET Streets it will run low 12s. Best I got today is below

1.93 85.06 10.79 12.85 @ 110.02
Best run on the motor was
1.81 81.22 11.06 13.25 @102.9

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
geat times mark yeah with nitrous i would go to a 3.73 gear and the window switch your better safe than sorry eliminate the window switch you risk blowing your motor just look at mine i blew it without the window switch well the intake not engine isn't the torque amazing on the bottle [worship]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Eric, theres so much more in it though, with the heater and taller Tire It should be fine with the 4.10s I need to activate the Nitrous Earlier in first. Its just a matter of time and getting used to the new setup.

[ November 02, 2002, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: bunchmyfunky ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What did Chirag run?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark, how big of a shot are you running?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

100 shot.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
What did Chirag run?

I saw 1.5x 60's and a 12.0 pass an the 'teens mph. (forget exactly). I'm sure he has a lot more in it. [burnout]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
What did Chirag run?

I saw 1.5x 60's and a 12.0 pass an the 'teens mph. (forget exactly). I'm sure he has a lot more in it. [burnout]
Oh yeah, he beat that handily. Article should be up on F/M in the next couple of days.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Hey Jim I was just thinking, I attribute your mph gain 100% to finally stepping up from 19# injectors.

60/65 mm TB's in an NA combo probably doesn't make a damn bit of difference [Wink]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
Hey Jim I was just thinking, I attribute your mph gain 100% to finally stepping up from 19# injectors.

What the hell are you talking about?!

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

as usual, I speak in eubonics. I thought you were on 24#'ers now, never mind. I'll stick to installing body-kits thank you, drive through. [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com