Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 03 cobra at sears point

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 03 cobra at sears point
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I almost had the chance to race a 03 cobra at the track. I've seen this guy at the track before, he runs 12.9 to low 13's stock, at the time should have been a neck and neck race with me. I was very impressed with this car.

Its kind of ironic, he put on a pulley and ran a 12.4 in his first run of the night. It was a crappy day to race as he broke his "Half Shaft". I broke my differential after getting my car back from the shop my first day out. A Nova (I think it was a nova) blew up its engine and some other car spilled coolant over the track. My differential issue set things back another 45 mintues or so as all the fluid spilled on the track.

As sort of an irony, we were both towed on the same truck back to the city.

I have to say the 03 cobra is very impressive.

David

MJSbossman
¯
Member # 1557

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MJSbossman  Ford pictures for MJSbossman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, the new Cobra is impressive. I hate how all they have to do is change a pulley. [Razz]

--------------------
2001 Camaro Z28 M6
MTI Clear Lid, Loudmouth w/ Slash Tips, BMR SFCs, 6% rear tint, 32% sides
Pics: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mjsbossmanz28/lst?.dir=/My+Camaro&.view=t
13.54@105.05(2.199 60')

Posts: 18 | From: Sonoma State, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd bring a multi-car carrier to Sears Point if I was a tow-truck driver too. [Big Grin]
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put on a turbo. All you would have to do is turn a knob.
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by trbo50:

YUP, just UP the boost!
gtstang97
Member # 2008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang97  Ford pictures for gtstang97  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the fact that all you have to do to the cobra is change a pulley kind of takes all the fun out of it. No waiting and making the car, someone else already did it for you. Not to say i wouldnt trade my 97 gt for one in a second.
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtstang97:
the fact that all you have to do to the cobra is change a pulley kind of takes all the fun out of it. No waiting and making the car, someone else already did it for you. Not to say i wouldnt trade my 97 gt for one in a second.

no, it just makes you extremely fast very easily, then you have more time to think of ways to go faster!
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
quote:
Originally posted by gtstang97:

no, it just makes you extremely fast very easily, then you have more time to think of ways to go faster!
with 3800 lbs to lug around your gonna need that time to think. I'm not nocking the car, fact is its a bad ass car in stock form.
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Displacement_Replacement:
I almost had the chance to race a 03 cobra at the track. I've seen this guy at the track before, he runs 12.9 to low 13's stock, at the time should have been a neck and neck race with me. I was very impressed with this car.

Its kind of ironic, he put on a pulley and ran a 12.4 in his first run of the night. It was a crappy day to race as he broke his "Half Shaft". I broke my differential after getting my car back from the shop my first day out. A Nova (I think it was a nova) blew up its engine and some other car spilled coolant over the track. My differential issue set things back another 45 mintues or so as all the fluid spilled on the track.

As sort of an irony, we were both towed on the same truck back to the city.

I have to say the 03 cobra is very impressive.

David

if it was silver with a black bra on the front then he has broken his half shafts twice now and still hasn't tried using slicks.
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yeah,
Thats' all you did to get into the mid 7's, right?

[Razz]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:

Yeah,
Thats' all you did to get into the mid 7's, right?

[Razz]

Man, lets hope this secret doesn't get posted on corral.net, every internet racer from America to Canada will be posting about this trick [Big Grin]
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!
the secret to single didgit quarter miles has been released! turning knobs in a specail way will improve horsepower by 300% on a stock car!

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I gave out the secret. Should of have everyone sign a non disclosure. Back to the drawing board, gotta find myself a new TRICK!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com