Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Never thought Id see the day!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Never thought Id see the day!!
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to the strip last night..took the Cobra. Now some of the older peeps on here (Gabe, Matt, Sawson, etc) know what a biotch of a time I have had at the strip with this car..never getting below a 14 flat...well the car gods have shown me love..ran twice last night..

Run #1--

R/T----.636
60'----2.014 (didn't do a good burn out)
330----5.844
1/8----8.960
mph----80.21
1000---11.595
1/4----13.831
mph----100.90

Now I thought this was a fluke until run #2 then at the finish line I pissed myself and fell out of the car!!!

Run #2

R/T----.703
60'----1.986
330----5.769
1/8----8.847
mph----80.36
1000---11.455
1/4----13.675
mph----101.58

Now this doesn't seem like much to some...but a 13.6 @ almost 102 mph almost made me faint..When I first got the car the best I could muster was like a 14.7...now even with same mods and just some practice I can now cry with joy!! The funny thing is EVERYONE at the track last night was bitching how bad they were running cuz of the weather!! I was like f^ck you guys!! Keep it soggy and humid!! Well just thought I would share my story, and thanks for listening. [burnout] [dance]

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job man! I'm hoping for the same e/t amd MPH the next time I hit up the track.

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99FLYER:
Good job man! I'm hoping for the same e/t amd MPH the next time I hit up the track.

Good luck...I got my fingers crossed for ya!! [dance]

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
goes to show, practice the best thing you can do to your car [Smile]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
goes to show, practice the best thing you can do to your car [Smile]

And not lighting it on fire when u realize you suck at driving on the strip!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Now I don't know what the elevation is at the track im running at..Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Ga..but with these mods, what is everyones take on what a good time will be:

1998 Cobra..with 80k miles
4.10's
Et Streets
King Cobra Clutch
65mm tb
asp pullies
no front sway bar/seats/spare tire
headlight out to get air to cold air kit
mac off road h
flow path dumps

And launch with like 13-15lbs tire pressure at 6k, and powershifting at 7k? Or any other tips..how warm do I want the tires.

Anyother tips to help keep getting the times down?
[burnout]

--------------------

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(Blowin the doors off LT's and LS1's since 2000!)
So you gonna be at Grudge Night on the 26th? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

quote:
Originally posted by sfGi8nt:
(Blowin the doors off LT's and LS1's since 2000!)
So you gonna be at Grudge Night on the 26th? [Big Grin]

If I drove 3300 miles and something broke...man I'd be a little upset..maybe not mad, but definately pissed as hell! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com