Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Back from Sac, 10/02

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Back from Sac, 10/02
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I didn't even plan on racing tonight, due to the fact that one of my slicks has a hole in it from last week. But sense it was Mustang night I figured what the hell, might as well go see what she can do on the street tires.

I had a few bests tonight. My previous best 60ft on street tires was a 2.1 something. Well the first pass killed that, with a 2.013. And the MPH was higher than it had been in a while, (107.5). This is total street trim, (no short belt, ice, etc). The next pass I went 109.1 MPH! I was shocked, seeing as my previous best MPH was a 107.9.....lol Oh well, I wasn't able to hit 109 again tonight, so maybe it was a fluke [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what was your best ET tonight?
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
13.0, but it wasn't about ET tonight. Just MPH [patriot]

[ October 03, 2002, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good mph man.......seen that car at the track hella times.......keep it up and spray the shit out of it!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damnit!!! I drove up there, and they wouldnt let us race!!! We got there late, so i wasnt expecting too much, but it looked like there was a shitload of people there anyway... oh well, ill go some other time. still sucks,drove all the way from hayward...

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea the traps were out of control. My best tonight was 13.1 @111mph 2.260'. i was trapping anywhere from 109-111. WTF?!

Kevin

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
http://www.thesiccrew.com/Kevin.html
http://www.geocities.com/kevtopgun/Z28.html
12.9 and 111mph traps on Street tires.
quote:
Originally posted by FireWhore:
..... nor do i care what any of u peeps think....or me for that matter....

Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW, Miles. Im sorry about that man that sucks. There were about 5 cars there till about 515 then it exploded. i normally get 7-8 runs in tonight i got 4. Shit load of cars...mostally the 17 sec piece of shit bumb ass moron fuckin rice.. Yeah their all fucking stupid, cant figure out light, what there supposed to do etc. the domestic and bike lanes are sooo fasy bc were smart. it takes the rice lanes a fuckin hour and a half bc their all gay ass mo fos.\

If you cant tell i hate em all.

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
quote:

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What was witht he traps? Seemed like everyone was trapping about a MPH higher than normal. I hit my frist 106 MPH [Smile] Oh well

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did any of you guys see the asian dude in the Baby Blue Civic with the commando body kit or whatever talking shit to a dude on a Gsxr? All i heard was " Ive never lost to any v8 blah blah blah" and the dude ran a 16.9 i think......oh well funny shit
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Oh ya new best time for me last night! Finally have a solid 13....its nice to have it on paper for a change.

13.31@105.11

Man and I got hella shit for no roll bar from the techs. Oh well. Time to get one.

Mike

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yellow94gt, what length shortbelt do you run and what are you bypassing if you dont mind me asking [Smile]
i've tried a bunch and none of them seem to work so i gave up. now i forget what length the closest i've gotten was

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
yellow94gt, what length shortbelt do you run and what are you bypassing if you dont mind me asking [Smile]
i've tried a bunch and none of them seem to work so i gave up. now i forget what length the closest i've gotten was

It is a 59 inch belt. I skinp the A/C, power steering, and smog pump. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only thing i can think of for those trap speeds was the tail wind. i dunno. the only other thing was that some one took out the very last cone witch is the ET/speed timer stop cone. so i dont know [Confused]
Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
the only thing i can think of for those trap speeds was the tail wind. i dunno. the only other thing was that some one took out the very last cone witch is the ET/speed timer stop cone. so i dont know [Confused]

After that happend it seemed like the MPH went down a little bit. Not sure if It was due to that or not though. It was weird, half track MPH was still up but, 1/4 MPH went down...hummm

--------------------
AED

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was cool to meet you at the track last night, Drew. I've been wanting to see your car for a little while now.

I was pretty stoked with a new best of 14.11@97.5, and taking home the runner-up trophy for the first time.

Maybe I'll see you out there again sometime.

Take it easy,

Michael
Silver '02 GT

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fiveohmike:
Oh ya new best time for me last night! Finally have a solid 13....its nice to have it on paper for a change.

13.31@105.11

Man and I got hella shit for no roll bar from the techs. Oh well. Time to get one.

Mike

fuck yeah mike good shit.
Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
NosboySS
¯
Member # 637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NosboySS  Ford pictures for NosboySS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was the tail wind. It was gusting up to 25. Everyones MPH was up. All the LS1 guys were trapping 110 when they usually trap 108. As soon as the sun went down the wind stopped and everyones MPH went down.

I got some major clutch issues again. So wind or no wind, I sucked. Mastering a completely shitty 13.6 106 mph with the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] I hate my car!!

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

00Knightmare

Thanx lol

Mike

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Chiara:
It was cool to meet you at the track last night, Drew. I've been wanting to see your car for a little while now.

I was pretty stoked with a new best of 14.11@97.5, and taking home the runner-up trophy for the first time.

Maybe I'll see you out there again sometime.

Take it easy,

Michael
Silver '02 GT

It was nice meeting ou too bro.

Congradulations on the runner up trophy and the new best ET! You should come out more often.

Later, Drew

--------------------
AED

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

the tail wind was the factor but later in the night it went away and i was still hitting 110

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
quote:

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

My MPH dropped later that night also, but my et went down (but thats cause i figured out how to launch with the blower lol)

Mike

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com