Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Mustang Drag Day 4, 9/21

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mustang Drag Day 4, 9/21
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This event has grown leaps and bounds. Please show your support for this event, the drive is only about 5-6 hrs. If you have any questions, call Sal @ 818 778 2084.

NOTE TO ALL MUSTANG AND FORD RACERS, ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT TIL THE BIGGEST MUSTANG/FORD RACING EVENT IN SOCAL HISTORY!!! CLASSES ARE; MAGIC FORD QUICK 16 SHOOTOUT WITH $500 CASH,WINNER TAKE ALL AND THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE TO COMPETE IN THIS CLASS!!! QUICK 16 IS HEADSUP ON A PRO TREE. ONLY OTHER HEADS UP CLASS IS OPEN GRUDGE. BRACKET CLASSES (PRESENTED BY RACEWAY FORD) ARE ALL FORD MONEY, ALL FORD TROPHY, MUSTANG SLICK TIRE, MUSTANG STREET TIRE, AND ALL FORD TRUCK. ALL WILL BE FOR TROPHIES EXCEPT OF COURSE ALL FORD MONEY.
WE WILL ALSO BE RAFFLING OFF A NEW FRPP LONG BLOCK COURTESY OF RACEWAY FORD AND FORD RACING PERFORMANCE PARTS. PLEASE COME ON OUT AND SUPPORT THE ONLY FORD RACING VENUE IN SOCAL. $20 TO RACE (EXCEPT MONEY CLASS) $10 TO WATCH. HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU THERE!!!! SAL/ SAL'S SPEED SHOP

Note to all racers planning to attend Mustang Drag Day 4 aka Ford Nationals West. The event will be held at LACR on Saturday, Sept. 21. Gates open at 8 a.m. Racing till 6 p.m. (or later?). This event is brought to you by the following supporters: Paxton Automotive, Vortech Superchargers, AFR cylinder heads, Extreme Automotive, Ben Alameda Racing, Fast Track Perfromance, D+D Motorsports, B+D Racing, XTC Motorsports, Haro's Racing, Xtreme Mustang Performance, and of course K.J. Jones Racing. The Quick Sixteen is open to any Ford powered "Ford" vehicle, NO TUBE FRAMED RACE CARS please. More info at www.paxtonauto.com www.vortechsuperchargers.com www.lacr.net Come out and see the fastest Fords in CA compete for the title of the fastest Ford in SOCAL.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
palmdale? LACR?

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LACR is in Palmdale.
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have this posted under the Events Section. There are a few of us that are going.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be prepared to run/dial in 3 tenths slower due to altitude and poor air.

[ September 12, 2002, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: 67stang ]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there with Mark [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TIMSPEED87
¯
Member # 1537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIMSPEED87  Ford pictures for TIMSPEED87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm..fastest ford in SO cal huh? I may have to get the little old lady and bring her 92 LX down and see what it's got in it. [Wink]

--------------------
87 Corvette Coupe
http://www.cardomain.com/id/timspeed

Posts: 67 | From: Modesto, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
Be prepared to run/dial in 3 tenths slower due to altitude and poor air.

Mark is already used to dailing 3-4 tenths slower than in Sac, he raced in Redding a couple weekends ago [Big Grin]
The conditions suck in Redding as far as air quality and altitude go

Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You got that right brian, But I have a few things I'm gonna do to see if I can correct for that. Do you have any plans that weekend, can you go with us. Its going to be me, Jim and Drew were going to leave Friday morning.
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
You got that right brian, But I have a few things I'm gonna do to see if I can correct for that. Do you have any plans that weekend, can you go with us. Its going to be me, Jim and Drew were going to leave Friday morning.

Hey let me know how you correct for several tenths at will... we can bottle it and make millions [Wink] Oh wait... i guess nos already comes in a bottle.
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark,
I can NOT go racing ANYWHERE that weekend [Frown]
Redding is having their "Wally" race that weekend and I told my G/F (6 months ago) that I was going to that race no matter what. THEN her son planned his fucking wedding that weekend [Mad]
So I am stuck going to a wedding and can't race [BS flag]
She said I can go to the race and not the wedding (yeah right) but we all know that could be used against me at a later date !!!!!
I even told her that I could race that weekend and then go to his next wedding. ROFLMAO !!!!
She didn't like that much [Roll Eyes]
If you find a way to improve the weather, please let us all know [Wink]

Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

I like the line about going to the next wedding, I bet that got you in some trouble.

I wish I could improve the weather [Smile] I'm just gonna try to squeeze out a few more tenths. With some ET Streets and a couple of other minor mods. I can't complian to much about Redding, the corrected altitude was 4500ft and I ran 13.6s with 2.0 60fts but the mph was way off.

OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to go, if you are going, give me a pm and Ill see you there. [burnout]

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Posts: 864 | From: Anaheim Hills, | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Hey checkout the corral west forum. We are meeting a bunch of people at Flames on Friday night

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com