Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » NHRA sport compact drags

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NHRA sport compact drags
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone go by chance today? I went..I will say it was my first time to see some pro drivers. It was a bit scarry, Lingenfelter crashed pretty bad. He's ok though. He had a cavalier that fliped over after the 8th.

saw some cool cars run...saw a unibody Rx7 (looked almost stock, except a big wing) that ran 8.65 (13B), A Supra ran 7.8's and the turbonetics celica broke another record, ran 7.04 @ 202.

I also saw to all motor first gen RX7's run 10's, I think one ran 10's and the other was 11's if I remember correct.

Was a fun evening. I believe now that any car can be fast. I stopped counting the number of 11 and 12 second civics I saw. They were noisy as hell and annoying but they ran 11's and 12. There were ALOT of them too.

Anyway was alot of fun. I was gonna run in the brackets for fun but just watched instead.

David

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any car can be fast....... but some with 1/20th the money u would have to spend on another. example, 20 hp from a gay ass civic.... intake, exhaust, chip, cam. 20 hp form a mustang- headers. imports are a waste of money to try to make them fast.
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
imports is an extremely broad term... there are I4's, I6's, TT I6's, v6's, TT v6's, v8's, v12's, rotaries [Smile] many can be made fast just as easy, to a certain extent

[ September 10, 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: HungryHippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

FAFTurboTeg
¯
Member # 1680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FAFTurboTeg  Ford pictures for FAFTurboTeg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea but civics are very economic and still get 30 mpg if you put heavy turbo mods on them. Also 20 hp on a civic is more effective than 20 hp on a mustang becuase the civic is much lighter. Civics weigh 1500 pounds less than a mustang.
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The debate never dies [BS flag] ...

Civics and Integras are trendy vehicles right now; they're also ECONOMY cars. Not hot-rods.

The day they break the 300 mph barrier-mof, I don't think they've even brokem the 200 mph barrier-is the day you may consider a four-cylinder eqipped car a hot-rod/dragster.

People can build Chevettes to run single-digit ETs, it doesn't mean they should. Mustangs and Maros, at least, have some heritage [burnout] .

[patriot]

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yesIdid:

Civics and Integras are trendy vehicles right now; they're also ECONOMY cars. Not hot-rods.

The day they break the 300 mph barrier-mof, I don't think they've even brokem the 200 mph barrier-is the day you may consider a four-cylinder eqipped car a hot-rod/dragster.

People can build Chevettes to run single-digit ETs, it doesn't mean they should. Mustangs and Maros, at least, have some heritage [burnout] .

[patriot]

You guys know I am NOT a fan of 4 bangers, right? I wasn't posting this to cheer the civic.

First thing to say, I watched a 93 Rx7 2 weeks ago run a 14.2 @ 102 and a 14.1 @ 102 at sears point. he was stock except intake and 18 inch wheels. He was slower than what he should have done, except the wheels were very heavy.

He added a computer and a midpipe (replaces the cat) and he ran a 12.75 @ 110 on wed.

Now with that said, any mod on a 93 + RX7 nets tremendous gains. I understand to get a civic to do good #'s is very very expensive.

Also, a 1993 RX7 broke the some land speed record a few years ago at the bonnieville flats. It ran 240 MPH. The turbonetics celica ran 7.03 @ 202 the other day.

David.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and chuck samuels in Pro 5.0 went 6.50 @ 220 .........and thats on 27 lbs of boost......on a 390 cubic motor.......pretty impressive if you ask me........

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Displacement_Replacement:
quote:
Originally posted by yesIdid:

[patriot]

You guys know I am NOT a fan of 4 bangers, right? I wasn't posting this to cheer the civic.

First thing to say, I watched a 93 Rx7 2 weeks ago run a 14.2 @ 102 and a 14.1 @ 102 at sears point. he was stock except intake and 18 inch wheels. He was slower than what he should have done, except the wheels were very heavy.

He added a computer and a midpipe (replaces the cat) and he ran a 12.75 @ 110 on wed.

Now with that said, any mod on a 93 + RX7 nets tremendous gains. I understand to get a civic to do good #'s is very very expensive.

Also, a 1993 RX7 broke the some land speed record a few years ago at the bonnieville flats. It ran 240 MPH. The turbonetics celica ran 7.03 @ 202 the other day.

David.

Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt that celica a v8?

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Posts: 864 | From: Anaheim Hills, | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

yes, the Celica is a TOYOTA V8. GM and Ford don't hold the patent on V8's. The 7.19 second RX7 is a Rotary.

David

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
and chuck samuels in Pro 5.0 went 6.50 @ 220 .........and thats on 27 lbs of boost......on a 390 cubic motor.......pretty impressive if you ask me........

Of course thats impressive. ANY car that can make those times are impressive.

Pro driver Ray Lockhead of srmotorsports ran A 8.20 on a Unibody 93 RX7 with a 79 cubic inch, 1.3 liter rotary running 19 lbs of boost on a big turbo.

Thats even more impressive in my book.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Displacement_Replacement:
GM and Ford don't hold the patent on V8's
David

your right, they just hold the standard for what v8's are made to be

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

how much does that rx7 weigh? just curious

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
how much does that rx7 weigh? just curious

I don't know what it weights. Stock form it weighs 2694 to 2820. His car is full body, full interior, I filmed inside his car, its kind of cool looking.

You can see the car on the front of srmotorsports.com. The amazing thing, the car looks stock other than the wheels.

Show me a 4 banger that can do that.

David

jayl
¯
Member # 185

fast 4 cylinders are known as sport bikes, gsxr's yami's all that stuff...................hondas are made for economy and their great at it! i would never try to compete with a honda when it comes to gas mileage lol

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com