Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Green Vette from 8/23

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Green Vette from 8/23
1QuickMach
¯
Member # 1795

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1QuickMach  Ford pictures for 1QuickMach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry this is so late, I just found this forum.

Maybe "67 Fagboy" and "Mellow 94 GT" were reminecing of a different green vette on a different 8/23 drag strip night, but when I left (shortly after closing time) the green vette's doors were very much intact, "67 Lagboy." I talked to the guys in the mineral gray stang, they seemed pretty cool, and I spent most the night around the guy in the vette, however, note that the stang, "Bunchmyfunky", had nitto drag 555r's and the vette had EXTREMELY worn Goodyear GSC's. So worn, when the hood was up, there was wire belt showing through on the driver's side front tire. Now, I hate to call you LIARERS! "Bagboy" and "Jello 94", but "Lickmymonkey" only ran a best of 13.15, which as the driver stated was Drew's run, not his, his being 13.2-something. The vette on the other hand pulled down a 13.04 @ 110.53 mph and another 13.12 @ 111.1 mph with 60-ft times at [worship] 2.08 and 2.11. On street slicks, or new tires even, that would be easy high 12's. Anyways, as the night proceed, and they opened lane 7 to continous runs, "Chunkymybunky" only got slower, ending it with a 13.67. While the vette ran consistant low 13.1's to 13.3's on a hot motor.

As stated above, I hate to pull the [BS flag] on you "67 badgirl" and "Urine 94", especially after this site requires that "...you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false..." in their membership policy (guess you missed that part), but "Bunchmyfunky" got his little pony spanked by that vette.

By the way, next time you want to spew another incredibly stuipd remark about this vette's doors, I'll be the blond guy standing at the driver's door. Maybe you'll be able to see my finger from the stands. [Cool]

P.S. All due respect to "Bunchmyfunky", they've got sweet looking stang and some impressive timeslips to show for it. [patriot]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really.
I will race your vaunted friends Vest. And I will gladly stand beside that same door. I'm at the track most every single time bunchmyfunky is. So what's it going to be, race or whine?
Oh, yeah, you spend your time in the lanes, not racing...

JL

[ September 08, 2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this a freakin joke?

I have know idea what any if this is about, someone care to clue me in?

Like any of us car about some Vette [Roll Eyes]

[ September 08, 2002, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1QuickMach
¯
Member # 1795

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1QuickMach  Ford pictures for 1QuickMach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey
Look girls, I'm not trying to stir up anything, I'm just serving the vette it's justice after smoking bunchmyfunky. And Fasterdamnit, the thread wasn't in effort to knock on your friend, bunchmyfunky's, pony, but rather to counter the falsified postings of 67 badgirl and jello yellow, who claimed the vette was "...blown into the weeds..." Ring a bell, yellow? Maybe it just my feeble understand of the concepts behind running a quarter mile, I just thought it was whoever could get there faster was the victor. Now thanks to my new friends, yellow and 67 boy, I NOW understand that to run SLOWER, means to "blow the doors off" competitor. I will make this new enlightenment my daily practice, it horrid to know that I've been doing it all wrong this whole time.

So, as I said, the thread was in no way a diss on bunchmyfunky. 94 GT, go get a klenex, wipe your eyes, and shrug it off, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, it was all in the spirit of drag strip trash talking. And Fasterdamnit, this minimal attempt at slander, to which you puffed up your chest, was for the defense of that vest. And, since your there everynight, make sure to try and find me in the lanes, since I won't be racing. [Big Grin]

TIMSPEED87
¯
Member # 1537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIMSPEED87  Ford pictures for TIMSPEED87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Like any of us car about some Vette
Hey now! [Big Grin]
BTW: Anyone know about the vette? I wanan hear specs and such. It LOOKED to be an LT1..and if it was only running low 13's, then it was most likely pretty damn stock. I can run 13.5's as of right now (still a few tuning issues) and I'm an 87 Tuned Port! Maybe I'll have to call him out?

[ September 08, 2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: TIMSPEED87 ]

--------------------
87 Corvette Coupe
http://www.cardomain.com/id/timspeed

Posts: 67 | From: Modesto, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1QuickMach:
Hey
Look girls, I'm not trying to stir up anything,

rrrrriiiiiigggghhhhhtttttt.....
btw im at the track more than n e one on this board, i see all, i am the god of the track! if you dont belive me, just look up next time your there. and quit with this name calling. i think someone has there panties in a bunch.
btw what do you drive?

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm this can get very ugly very quick. So let me say a few things and I'm done with this BS post. First of all I could careless what the vette ran or anyother car for that matter. I'm not there to race anybody, I'm there to make myself a better driver and to get the absolute best out of my driving and my car. Then in your post you say you mean no disrepect to me, go back and read your post thats all I see. I say we drop this now, if you have any issues with this take it to PM's if thats not good enough for you I will be more then happy to talk to you next time I'm at the track.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chicken.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1QuickMach - If I posted something that has offended you I appologize. I think by the childish name calling you have made a big enough ass of yourself.

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by TIMSPEED87:
quote:
Like any of us car about some Vette
Hey now! [Big Grin]
BTW: Anyone know about the vette? I wanan hear specs and such. It LOOKED to be an LT1..and if it was only running low 13's, then it was most likely pretty damn stock. I can run 13.5's as of right now (still a few tuning issues) and I'm an 87 Tuned Port! Maybe I'll have to call him out?

Sorry bro no harm intended. I saw you run quite a few times on friday night. Congrads on your new best and great driving!

--------------------
AED

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1QuickMach:
Sorry this is so late, I just found this forum.

the vette had EXTREMELY worn Goodyear GSC's. So worn, when the hood was up, there was wire belt showing through on the driver's side front tire. [patriot]

wow, a low 13 second front wheel drive vette!

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Red Vette
¯
Member # 870

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Vette  Ford pictures for Red Vette    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Like any of us car about some Vette [Roll Eyes]

Ouch....that kinda hurts.
Posts: 442 | From: At the races | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hehehe

I know Drew was joking when he said that...

RIGHT DREW????? [Mad]

LOL

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Hehehe

I know Drew was joking when he said that...

RIGHT DREW????? [Mad]

LOL

Yes Justin, I was joking. Same to you Red Vette [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1QuickMach
¯
Member # 1795

Yellow GT, you didn't offend me, I was just setting the record straight. The name calling was all out of fun, had no idea you'd take it so harshly. BTW, did you find that klenex. Joking [Big Grin]

Bunchmyfunky, sorry I felt I was on a role with the name calling, you accidently ended up in my sights. Honestly I respect that fact that you took a 260 fwhp, 4.6 liter, GT to low 13's. [worship]

HungryHippo, Ha Ha. [Roll Eyes]

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
260 fwhp????

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

The prosecution rests.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

TIMSPEED87
¯
Member # 1537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIMSPEED87  Ford pictures for TIMSPEED87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW: If that vette was only running low 13's at 110mph...then something's not right. With a 110mph trap speed, I could EASILY hit a LOW 12. Hell, with a 115mph I could do a mid 11! So either someone did NOT get traction (or didn't know how to drive) or I dunno
STILL: What does this vette have in it?!?! It looked to be a 91-96 body style. So I'm guessing it's either a S/C LT1 or a BottleFed LT1 or I dunno. (I know it's no where near stock, cuz no one can do vettes like that around here.) Just as a side note...on our old 92 LT1 with just just a Vigilante 3000rpm stall converter/3.73 gears, Dual 2.75" exhaust, BFG Drag Radials we were able to pull a best of 12.5@106mph)

--------------------
87 Corvette Coupe
http://www.cardomain.com/id/timspeed

Posts: 67 | From: Modesto, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Red Vette
¯
Member # 870

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Vette  Ford pictures for Red Vette    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
][/QUOTE]Yes Justin, I was joking. Same to you Red Vette [patriot] [/qb][/QUOTE]

It's all good [Wink]

[ September 10, 2002, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Red Vette ]

Posts: 442 | From: At the races | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com